• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jem0208

sigh

I didn't want to be the one who brings this to attention, I'm not personally offended by this, but has it been brought up yet as to why there are no female voices in the Halo 5:G Beta footage we've seen so far?

Too many extra animations and voices to bother making female spartans.

Do you even know how difficult it is to record female voices?!

darthbob

sigh

I didn't want to be the one who brings this to attention, I'm not personally offended by this, but has it been brought up yet as to why there are no female voices in the Halo 5:G Beta footage we've seen so far?

Do you even know how difficult it is to record female voices?!

Overdoziz

Banned
I am waiting to watch Nightfall in one sitting and reading these reviews is a bit disappointing. I thoroughly enjoy Mike Colter's character on The Good Wife, and thought his voodoo devil part on American Horror Storiy was wonderfully intense. I believed he was perfect for the lead role in Nightfall.

Maybe they will get it right in episode 5.
The greatest actors in the world couldn't turn the dialogue into anything worthwhile. Even Forward unto Dawn was pretty decent in comparison because the character didn't try to sound deep and dramatic every time they opened their mouths.
Also the CGI is beyond pathetic.

Madness

sigh

I'm not entirely sure. Could be because all the game play we've seen so far has had male Spartan models, especially in that end game pose stuff. Maybe the game recognizes what you've picked for the chatter? And if you have two female spartans on team, they'll have women in the chatter? Though probably just beta as well, will add that all in for final release.

Wasn't the melody @ 8:39 used in Halo 4? Why can I not find it anywhere now; I swear I've heard it before.

EDIT: or is it just from the H5 beta vidoc?

It was in the Halo 5 Guardians Beta First look video that went up a while back, which is probably what you're thinking of.

sigh

Hmm, good point. I really doubt they're going to drop female models from the full game, could just be a beta thing.

Haruko

It was in the Halo 5 Guardians Beta First look video that went up a while back, which is probably what you're thinking of.

Yeah; must've been. Thanks!

For some reason my brain was already associating it with H4 OST songs. On the plus side, it caused me to end up listening to "117" a few more times today. Love that track.

Yeah; must've been. Thanks!

For some reason my brain was already associating it with H4 OST songs. On the plus side, it caused me to end up listening to "117" a few more times today. Love that track.

Probably my biggest point of hype for Halo 5 is that Kazuma is (seemingly) doing the entire score. 117 4 lyfe!

slippy floor grenade. you throw it and spits out slippy stuff on the floor. If you step on it you instantly go into the slider ability animation moving in the direction you're facing.

Let's just make the grenade a banana and when someone slips on it you get one of those quick guitar riffs from Call of Duty.

Akai__

rip
image.php

lol

Is he still on GAF?

sigh

Do they even offer female character models in the H5 Beta? I have yet to see anything on it.

RowdyReverb

A gravity grenade might be fun. It wouldn't do a ton of damage, but it could knock players away. Actually, this would be extremely exploitable and probably would never happen. Might make an interesting addition to Grifball though.

How about a grenade that lets the thrower know if it landed near an enemy? No, that's probably OP as well.

belushy

Banned
Let's just make the grenade a banana and when someone slips on it you get one of those quick guitar riffs from Call of Duty.

You have to sit through an entire animation of your spartan eating banana before throwing it, too. Don't want to get no leg cramps sprinting around all the time.

-Ryn

Banned
Page 191

Never forget

sigh

Well they're in the game.

rvamMEt.jpg

As to why we haven't heard them yet? *shrug*

Booshka

A gravity grenade might be fun. It wouldn't do a ton of damage, but it could knock players away. Actually, this would be extremely exploitable and probably would never happen. Might make an interesting addition to Grifball though.

How about a grenade that lets the thrower know if it landed near an enemy? No, that's probably OP as well.

343 has already made these, and they do damage. They are called Grenade hitmarkers, and they need to be removed from Halo.

belushy

Banned
What about a teleport grenade? Throw it and it "blinks" you to where you threw it. It has a far shorter throw range compared to frags and plasmas, so you have to really angle your throws for far distances which takes SKILL.

What about a teleport grenade? Throw it and it "blinks" you to where you threw it. It has a far shorter throw range compared to frags and plasmas, so you have to really angle your throws for far distances which takes SKILL.

Seems far too OP for an off hand grenade. A Portal Gun on the other hand...

Random17

RGO Plasma (detonates on impact). Balance it by reducing damage OR reducing splash damage so a direct hit is necessary for a clean kill.

-Ryn

Banned
Can't stop listening to this, in all it's terribly degraded quality goodness.

I keep accidentally hyping myself up for something Halo 5 related at the Game Awards tonight. I guess I love disappointment.
The last 2 minutes are glorious!
That guitar riff. Mmmmmm....

Seriously I can't wait to hear the OST for Halo 5. It's sounds sooooo goooood!

yeah its crazy, have they announced a release date for the real game yet?
Nicely done

Thank you for the birthday wishes, nerds.
Have you had cake yet?

343 has already made these, and they do damage. They are called Grenade hitmarkers, and they need to be removed from Halo.
Beacon 'nades, bruhz.
Seems far too OP for an off hand grenade. A Portal Gun on the other hand...
A gun would be too precise, so a grenade is probably more balanced actually. I like it.

Tawpgun

Page 191

Never forget

Well they're in the game.

rvamMEt.jpg

As to why we haven't heard them yet? *shrug*

Clearly the dynamic Spartan chatter is unfinished. It needs to be realistic so when a girl voice calls out a power weapon some guy Spartan says "go back to the infinity mess hall and make me a sandwhich!"

If Spartan call outs are a crutch for communixating ou might as well make it realistic

-Ryn

Banned
Clearly the dynamic Spartan chatter is unfinished. It needs to be realistic so when a girl voice calls out a power weapon some guy Spartan says "go back to the infinity mess hall and make me a sandwhich!"

If Spartan call outs are a crutch for communixating ou might as well make it realistic
lmao clearly the most realistic of responses.

I actually hope there are 2 types of chatter. Tactical chatter and essentially IWHBYD Chatter. I may not be interested in the tactical chatter but I wouldn't mind hearing some funny lines on occasion. Naturally both are toggles.

I actually find the thought of today's jokes, culture, and idioms like brofists surviving 500 years to be interesting. I'm sure nobody else really thinks about this though.

Too creative, Halo doesn't do creative. Needs more rifle reskins.

But seriously, when will we get some crazy alien weaponry in Halo?
Halo is where creativity goes to die so probably never.

Halo is where creativity goes to win.
Halo really does need some more interesting weapons though. Just because the bullets are green, orange, and blue doesn't make then special. Now a gun that shoots rainbows on the other hand...

Ah man, imagine all the montage clips of throwing a tele nade at someone when you're falling off the map.
It would be most radical.
I'd love to see how it affected objective game types.

jem0208

What are the chances of seeing Halo 5 at the game awards tonight then?

Halo Reach had its campaign reveal at the VGAs didn't it?

willow ve

Guys. I'm in the drunk sweet spot but my X1 is wrapped up under the Christmas tree. What should I do?

fucking thank you to whomever invented auto spell check on chrome mobile

jem0208

Guys. I'm in the drunk sweet spot but my X1 is wrapped up under the Christmas tree. What should I do?

The real question is why do you already have a Christmas tree?

Wait, holy shit its December.

Still, it's only just December!

Madness

Probably zero. The last thing 343 should be doing is hyping up Halo 5 publicly when their barely 3 and a half week launched game still has a ton of issues. If 343 does take the stage, probably an apology, an extension of the beta, or whatever else might be more palatable.

jem0208

After Thanksgiving brah.
You Americans and your crazy holidays.

;)
Probably zero. The last thing 343 should be doing is hyping up Halo 5 publicly when their barely 3 and a half week launched game still has a ton of issues. If 343 does take the stage, probably an apology, an extension of the beta, or whatever else might be more palatable.
Well these things are usually planned pretty far ahead of time. I don't think they would delay showing a trailer or something because the MCC is broken.

-Ryn

Banned

Probably 60/40

What with Kamps "leak" and the lack of any news from 343 on Halo 5 since the MCC launch we're probably gonna see something.

How are your Drunk Wrapping skills?

EMP nade that disables Spartan Abilities.
Yes, I went there.
343 would never gimp their asinine bullshit like that.
try minimizing the amount of posts. you're over doing it here.
He isnt the only one that should minimize the posts. ;)
Hamburger grenades y'all.

Do they stop forward momentum? or if you get hit in the back does it increase the forward momentum because its adding its momentum to your forward momentum?

also, While people are growing tired of sprint Discussions; and 343 essentially telling anti-sprint fans to shut the fuck up because its still in. the fact that we are STILL having to defend our positions against sprint in the game is fucking ridiculous.

I just have far too much free time... Also quite good at multitasking. Playing the Walking Dead game at the moment.
Almost nobody is good at multitasking stop spreading the myth.

I've actually been partying more lately than I have in like eight years, lol. Turns out the irl party system isn't broken, even when you have four parties in one night.
Bad attempt at MCC joke.
The worst thing about MCC has to be all the bad jokes its forcing us to make.

They would blind you, preventing you from finding your computer and posting on the NeoGAF.
If you didn't already have a get-out-of ban free card, I'd give you mine.

Still the only artist to capture my essence. YOU'RE GOING PLACES, KID.
No Vanilla Coke = Not heckfu if you ask me.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....JOINING SESSION....FAILED TO CONNECT....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom