• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hamgurger buns

FZLWldE.png

Hamburger grenades y'all.
Hold on:

- are they explosive hamburgers? pressure (bite) sensitive or onion ring pin?

- grenades that specifically target and destroy hamburgers? Are buffalo burgers immune?

- normal looking grenades that explode in fully-prepared hamburgers? How would the lettuce survive?

Haruko

Tell me more.

Drop the broken "victims drop weapons" part;

Maybe a low damage over time grenade that can ricochet off surfaces while keeping most of it's momentum. It arms a second or so after released, and detonates either:

A) when motion is detected within affected range
B) after 8-10 seconds
C) upon direct impact with a player (if it hasn't armed yet)

Maybe it scrambles or disables your HUD overlay too, while the DOT ticks.

I saw a video of a modded Fuel Rod Cannon that had infinite bounces off things like the ground or walls and would only detonate on impact with a player. Sounds kinda similar.

The other aspects of it were:
Visibility impairment (through forced ghosting effects though, which would be horrible. Perhaps HUD loss/interference though? Is that too COD-like to be accepted in Halo?)

Visibility impairment always seems like a cool idea, and on maps that people know it'd be a fun way to show some skill if you can still move while partially blinded. But on new maps with new players it would just be too punishing. I never really had a problem with the concept of the radar jammer though.

Edit: Just ran into one of the black crash screens that state (safe to reboot)

After 3 patches. Holy cow.

nillapuddin

EMP grenades
vs
Throwable C4 (remote detonating grenade)

0piCf0f.gif

I'm on mobile and finished a huge Arrow marathon last night, so yes, same GIF from yesterday

Visibility impairment always seems like a cool idea, and on maps that people know it'd be a fun way to show some skill if you can still move while partially blinded. But on new maps with new players it would just be too punishing. I never really had a problem with the concept of the radar jammer though.

I always thought Halo nailed the aspect of visibility impairment with Active Camo. Instead of you obscuring an enemy's vision with a Flashbang, you hide yourself in plain sight with Active Camo. They both achieve similar ends but by very different means.

expecting less "halo's dead stop having fun guys" tweets and more passive aggressive linking to tryhard's discussions with "great post!" in response or replying to "well halo's always had these beautiful environments and vivid colors, so we wanted to try something different" 343 dev tweets with "new things have always been resounding successes in the past!"

You have some big clown shoes to fill, heckbumafu

Detective

I think Nightfall and the Halo 2 bonus scenes have failed to do what they are supposed to do, and that's endear Locke to the audience.

He's some meek c-lister character in universe. A nobody of consequence with significant less presence than Commander (fuck no its her) Palmer. He can't carry a scene, and when face to face with with a major player with the Arbiter it's pretty clear he's a short man in tall man's armour.

Not a single original character 343 have created thus far have even the charisma of Johnson's cigar ash.

Too bad, but am actually agreeing with you.
Looking at something as small as halo channel, how messy it looks. Can't even design a decent unlaggy, unbuggy software channel with a decent interface.

Locke acting is very bad. And he's supposed to be one of main characters. This and with the negativity around MCC and some of Halo 5 mp elements that's has been received poorly has me worried.
If this Halo fails, than everything later fails.

Wait for the game before you judge it I know I know. Hope am wrong.. For the sake of Halo.

Hope it turns out to be the best Halo.
If not, I'm sure am gonna read some '' wait for halo 6 '' comments.

Hope am wrong about Halo 5.

Active Camo vs Flashbang

Active Camo empowers the user.

Flashbangs disempower the target.

Active Camo gives me extraordinary abilities.

Flashbangs take away your ordinary abilities.

Is the difference between these two items real or superficial?

Read the 3 pages after my last post last night.

giphy.gif

Honestly, are we STILL discussing sprint? Insiders and pros who have had close discussions with 343 have stated that sprint is here to stay. They are keeping it, but are trying to balance it.

Take it or leave it. It's going to be in Halo 5.

giphy.gif

heckfu

Banned
Classic Destiny had a compelling story, no sprint, good AI, great action set pieces, and no aim down sights.

I remember when Destiny was actually good.
Why are you so frustrated over people having a conversation over a game mechanic? These conversations have been taking place for years...not sure what you were expecting when you joined.

Read the 3 pages after my last post last night.

giphy.gif

Honestly, are we STILL discussing sprint? Insiders and pros who have had close discussions with 343 have stated that sprint is here to stay. They are keeping it, but are trying to balance it.

Take it or leave it. It's going to be in Halo 5.

giphy.gif
So just bcuz 343 says Sprint is here to stay we can't continue to discuss about it?

CliQ

Am I to late to the grenade idea party? Would proximity grenade work in Halo? Or what about a stun grenade that would lock up your armor and make you freeze for a second?

Why are you so frustrated over people having a conversation over a game mechanic? These conversations have been taking place for years...not sure what you were expecting when you joined.

I like logic and reason over useless banter. Just a preference of mine.

It's already confirmed it's here to stay. Do I like sprint? Heck no.

But is talking about it over and over when we know it's staying going to change anything?

Roflcopter.

Why are you so frustrated with that?

Am I to late to the grenade idea party? Would proximity grenade work in Halo? Or what about a stun grenade that would lock up your armor and make you freeze for a second?

I'm not a fan of grenades that decide on their own when to explode, as it is just the computer getting the kill really, and I am not a fan of grenades that take away abilities, like a player's ability to move.

NO

GOD NO

NO

A MILLION TIMES NO

NO

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Defensive-play sandbox elements in Halo (regen field, etc) are usually a bad idea because they slow down gameplay. A grenade that kills your momentum completely? Helllll no.

belushy

Banned
slippy floor grenade. you throw it and spits out slippy stuff on the floor. If you step on it you instantly go into the slider ability animation moving in the direction you're facing.

heckfu

Banned

But is talking about it over and over when we know it's staying going to change anything?

Roflcopter.

I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of users here don't appreciate such a dismissive attitude as "conversation over".

CliQ

NO

GOD NO

NO

A MILLION TIMES NO

NO

NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Defensive-play sandbox elements in Halo (regen field, etc) are usually a bad idea because they slow down gameplay. A grenade that kills your momentum completely? Helllll no.

Haha slow down. It was just an idea tossed out there. How about a grenade that posts a complain to HaloGaf?

NOKYARD

Locke acting is very bad. And he's supposed to be one of main characters.
I am waiting to watch Nightfall in one sitting and reading these reviews is a bit disappointing. I thoroughly enjoy Mike Colter's character on The Good Wife, and thought his voodoo devil part on American Horror Storiy was wonderfully intense. I believed he was perfect for the lead role in Nightfall.

Maybe they will get it right in episode 5.

Haha slow down. It was just an idea tossed out there. How about a grenade that posts a complain to HaloGaf?

Also known as the TriState Mine. If it hits an opponent that's sprinting or using a Spartan Ability, it bricks their console until Halo 6's release date.

Roflcopter.

B'cuz talking about it is fine and wanting change is fine. It's not like we're in denial that Sprint is in Halo and would never leave it (Unless you're Jem, lol, jkjk) but coming up with ideas to figure out how halo can become even better by discussing it. It's not useless banter.

Roflcopter.

I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of users here don't appreciate such a dismissive attitude as "conversation over".

That is probably why they're is still so much discussion on sprint because that's effectively what 343 has been saying this whole time and even more clearly recently.

I'm not the one saying discussion over, they are.

We could talk about what balance to sprint could be implemented (as they already have to some degree.. We shall see), but arguing its inclusion or not seems more than vain.

Just trying to be logical man.

That is probably why they're is still so much discussion on sprint because that's effectively what 343 has been saying this whole time and even more clearly recently.

I'm not the one saying discussion over, they are.

We could talk about what balance to sprint could be implemented (as they already have to some degree.. We shall see), but arguing its inclusion or not seems more than vain.

Just trying to be logical man.

If we dismissed any discussion after 343 / Bungie's official stance was reported, there wouldn't be a halogaf.

tfw you realize we got at least 3 more years of Halo Sprint discussions to go through until Halo 6 trailer shows up
tfw Halo 5 still doesn't have a CGB and you realize we got at least 3 more years of Halo playlist discussions to go through until a Halo 6 trailer shows up while the population dies and we gnaw at each other, gathering scraps to get our fix

Mix

sigh

I didn't want to be the one who brings this to attention, I'm not personally offended by this, but has it been brought up yet as to why there are no female voices in the Halo 5:G Beta footage we've seen so far?

sigh

I didn't want to be the one who brings this to attention, I'm not personally offended by this, but has it been brought up yet as to why there are no female voices in the Halo 5:G Beta footage we've seen so far?

Female voices are too intimidating to the typical Halo player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom