• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula

The Grenade Launcher was basically an EMP nade. Do you think it would fit better as a grenade type or should it remain a weapon?

Super long distance and remote detonation plus it not being featured as frequently on maps like EMP grenades would make it being a weapon a better option.

Welfare

Halo has a dedicated "Cycle Grenade Types" button. Should Halo limit itself to only two grenade types? What are some other possible grenade types, besides Frag and Plasma, that could work in Halo?

The flame grenade from Halo 3 was a good idea. An EMP grenade for vehicles would be cool. Oh yeah the GL.

Maybe a grenade like the threat seeker from CoD could work, but instead of it having a huge range, it is very short and the highlighted enemy is only highlighted long enough for a quick call out, and if the enemy is actually hit with it, it lasts a bit longer.

How about a power weapon Needle Grenade that instakills whoever it touches and homes in on people through the air, but your crosshairs have to be red for it to work otherwise it just breaks apart.

So many duds.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You try dragon age yet?
Nah, I fucked up and had Amazon sent it to my old address. Sooooo dunno when I'm getting it. I really hope it was returned to sender and I get a refund. :-\

Somewhere in kitten's subconscious a fratboy lurks, waiting for his moment to bust out like The Incredible Hulk.
I've actually been partying more lately than I have in like eight years, lol. Turns out the irl party system isn't broken, even when you have four parties in one night.
Bad attempt at MCC joke.

Hey Forgers, in the middle of my map all of a sudden everytime I grab and item its like 10X as fast as usual. I tried exiting and restarting. Its like impossible to place anything right now. Is this a setting somewhere?

Edit: I must have hit movement snap by accident.

The flame grenade from Halo 3 was a good idea. An EMP grenade for vehicles would be cool. Oh yeah the GL.

Maybe a grenade like the threat seeker from CoD could work, but instead of it having a huge range, it is very short and the highlighted enemy is only highlighted long enough for a quick call out, and if the enemy is actually hit with it, it lasts a bit longer.

The Incendiary Grenade from Halo 3 has some unique differences from a Plasma Grenade which are kinda cool. When you stick someone with a Plasma nade, there is a period of no damage followed by an instant of high damage. The Incendiary Grenade has no wait period before dealing damage but deals a smaller amount of damage over time to impacted players. These differences would become apparent when directly impacting a player with low shields. The Plasma nade would kill a guy with a sliver of shields in the same time it would kill a guy with full shields. An Incendiary grenade would kill the guy with a sliver of shields faster than a guy with full shields because it deals damage over time as soon as it impacts. Just thought it was an interesting difference.

The threat seeker is essentially a "spotting grenade"?

why the fuck is anyone explaining Rock Paper Scissors to the worst troll account in recent memory?

trolling trolls trolling trolls

THE_RIDE_NEVER_ENDS.jpg

Ramirez

I always said the Forerunner nades should have been flash bangs, but just make them map pickups, no spawning with them.

Overdoziz

Banned
ehhhhh... I don't really like the idea of flashbangs in Halo. Seems kinda superfluous. I wasn't a fan of the Flare either.
Best thing about the flare was that it blinded you and your teammates for the first few seconds after you used it. 10/10 design, Bungie. I wouldn't mind if they tried implementing flahsbangs, though. But then again I don't think I trust 343 nor CA to keep the amount of spawns to a minimum.

I've always enjoyed mines in games since Goldeneye64. They were the best part of that game. The mine in the Halo 3 Beta was fun but they made it useless in the final game.

A third grenade type being a small throwable proximity mine that stuck to all surfaces except players would be cool. Sort of like an inverse sticky grenade, bouncing right off player shields but sticking to walls. Using them tactically could make map control more interesting. I'd love to boobytrap enemy vehicles.

Then again I fear it would totally ruin objective gametypes if they were too common. They would have to spawn in a very limited supply like a power weapon. And deciding how visible they are and much damage they do would be tricky business.

I've always enjoyed mines in games since Goldeneye64. They were the best part of that game. The mine in the Halo 3 Beta was fun but they made it useless in the final game.

A third grenade type being a small throwable proximity mine that stuck to all surfaces except players would be cool. Sort of like an inverse sticky grenade, bouncing right off player shields but sticking to walls. Using them tactically could make map control more interesting. I'd love to boobytrap enemy vehicles.

Then again I fear it would totally ruin objective gametypes if they were too common. They would have to spawn in a very limited supply like a power weapon. And deciding how visible they are and much damage they do would be tricky business.

I was thinking something along the lines of this would be cool.

Some kind of point-defense grenade that would generate a vector tripwire after you planted two of them in a short enough radius to one another could be neat if utilized properly. Sort of like Sylux's weird snare-bomb things in Metroid Prime: Hunters.

willow ve

All this talk just really wants me to see the Grenade Launcher back for Halo 5. If they revealed that all hell would break loose. I wouldn't know whether to preorderconfirmed.gif or nope.jpg

Shouldn't a map's design compliment its player count? Wouldn't a Proximity Mine act like another teammate, defending a choke point without actually putting a man on it? I'm not sure claymores or bouncing betties would work in Halo.

I was thinking something along the lines of this would be cool.

Some kind of point-defense grenade that would generate a vector tripwire after you planted two of them in a short enough radius to one another could be neat if utilized properly. Sort of like Sylux's weird snare-bomb things in Metroid Prime: Hunters.

That sort of thing is cool but I don't think it fits Halo's playstyle to have to plant two of them and worry about the distance and tripwire. Too much effort and standing around. I prefer a simple proximity trigger. Maybe still with some sort of vector effect, a red area scan that happens every 10 seconds or so to give a hint that it's there.

Wait a second, doesn't Destiny already have something like this? Whoops.

Shouldn't a map's design compliment its player count? Wouldn't a Proximity Mine act like another teammate, defending a choke point without actually putting a man on it? I'm not sure claymores or bouncing betties would work in Halo.

And a rocket launcher can kill an entire warthog of three people at once, which seems to be a lot more powerful than a normal single player. Just treat the mines like a power weapon. Keep them uncommon and in a central or symmetrical spawn point(s).

Besides, a mine is hardly as effective as an actual player with intelligence. An enemy could pop the mine with a single shot and it won't shoot back.

I'm not saying I've got all the answers about how it should work, I only thought of it a few minutes ago. I just think it would be a neat idea to experiment with.

Actually, it's more like playing rock paper scissors but also having to fist the opposition with the other hand.

Haruko

All of this grenade talk has me wondering if there's a way to incorporate features of the N Bomb grenades from Perfect Dark into Halo...

Haruko

Make players drop their weapons? You may as well just kill them at that point because they are defenseless.

Yeah; that mechanic is ridiculously broken, for sure.

If you took just the Proximity Pinball aspect of it though...

The other aspects of it were:
Visibility impairment (through forced ghosting effects though, which would be horrible. Perhaps HUD loss/interference though? Is that too COD-like to be accepted in Halo?)
Damage over time (radiation poisoning)

Sprint sucks everyone thats the bottom line. Remember when Halo was good, there wasnt sprint in the game. When Halo was bad there was sprint in the game.

Halo is dead and sprint killed it.

End of fuck.

Haha wonderful.

I remember that before Obama was elected I was 20 but now I am 26. I'm guessing something similar happened to you.

Obama causes aging confirmed.
Thanks, Obama.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I think Nightfall and the Halo 2 bonus scenes have failed to do what they are supposed to do, and that's endear Locke to the audience.

He's some meek c-lister character in universe. A nobody of consequence with significant less presence than Commander (fuck no its her) Palmer. He can't carry a scene, and when face to face with with a major player with the Arbiter it's pretty clear he's a short man in tall man's armour.

Not a single original character 343 have created thus far have even the charisma of Johnson's cigar ash.

good joke i guess?

Just joining in on the correlation/causation party.

I think Nightfall and the Halo 2 bonus scenes have failed to do what they are supposed to do, and that's endear Locke to the audience.

He's some meek c-lister character in universe. A nobody of consequence with significant less presence than Commander (fuck no its her) Palmer. He can't carry a scene, and when face to face with with a major player with the Arbiter it's pretty clear he's a short man in tall man's armour.

Not a single original character 343 have created thus far have even the charisma of Johnson's cigar ash.

I'm really not a fan of Locke's acting. During the H2A scene he sounded like he had never seen the script before and was just reading it.
I've only seen one or two episodes of Nightfall so far but what I saw seemed like much of the same.

Really not getting me into this character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom