• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mix

That Halo CE ducking thing looks like the ducking is rendered at 30 fps, hence the choppiness. Weird.

noticed it on Prisoner with Zoojoo the other day, we came to the same "must be in 30fps" conclusion. It's odd seeing a game run at 60fps with an animation at 30.

Oh, and going back on playing Destiny which is at 30fps made me feel sick.

GrizzNKev

Banned
noticed it on Prisoner with Zoojoo the other day, we came to the same "must be in 30fps" conclusion. It's odd seeing a game run at 60fps with an animation at 30.

Oh, and going back on playing Destiny which is at 30fps made me feel sick.

Yep, I'm really starting to lose tolerance for 30fps games.

That Halo CE ducking thing looks like the ducking is rendered at 30 fps, hence the choppiness. Weird.

Yup. I crouched jumped and jiggled through the floor to my death. Mcc is saved.

Btw... Anyone else notice the aim assist in CE bugging out and causing your shots to go off target? It's impossible to shoot properly.

I almost want Halo 5 to fail now. If it doesn't 343 will get a pass on this disaster.

Mix

Yup. I crouched jumped and jiggled through the floor to my death. Mcc is saved.

Btw... Anyone else notice the aim assist in CE bugging out and causing your shots to go off target? It's impossible to shoot properly.

I almost want Halo 5 to fail now. If it doesn't 343 will get a pass on this disaster.

Jesus, I wouldn't go that far. They know they messed up, Microsoft knows they messed up and most of all, all of us/ the whole community knows the messed up. Oh fucking well, they know we're mad, we've all voiced our opinions and continue to do so constructively, but wishing failure upon someone in response to failure is ridiculous.

GrizzNKev

Banned
I imagine this is what PC gamers have been feeling like for years lol

I have, I always put up with Halo since I liked it so much. Now that most of the games I like on console are 60, the very few I have to put up with are really irritating.

Combat Evolved 2
HaloGAF Dev Team:

What if I told you...

http://a.pomf.se/lfruum.webm

This is not CE2, I'm just trying to recreate the feel of Halo in UE4 for educational purposes.

Stupid trial webm program watermark.

...Yep. I think the game seems to think its still a 10 person lobby so while it begins to start the game countdown at 8 people, its still searching, so people can still come in...ended up in a 5 v 5 now in a 4 v 4 lobby

and now im a 6 v 4

Jesus, I wouldn't go that far. They know they messed up, Microsoft knows they messed up and most of all, all of us/ the whole community knows the messed up. Oh fucking well, they know we're mad, we've all voiced our opinions and continue to do so constructively, but wishing failure upon someone in response to failure is ridiculous.

Hence why I said "almost wish."

BTW, my best online experience in the MCC is Halo 4. Seems the most responsive. Kinda sad considering I hated halo 4.

Also I just encountered a GT in Halo 2 classic named "WOW 343 YOU SUCK"

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Aiming around the head is probably better than aiming for the head in CE right now.

[edit]

I wish they would add a Halo 4 playlist. I'm one of the few who actually really likes Halo 4's multiplayer.

Bsigg12

Just played through the Final 4 playlist. I forgot how much I actually liked the Halo 4 ending. It's really well done, even if losing Cortana sucks ass going forward. It sets up Chief to be a broken man in 5 so well.

Bsigg12

Yeah and it's cheese level was over 9000.

Eh, it could have been worse. At least Chief was more like what the fuck is going on than give me a hug through the whole thing.

As for the battle leading up to the QTE finish and love.scene, it was definitely more fun when playing coming off the end of Halo 3. It's really interesting looking at how they ended each game and where similarities lie. I won't ever beat the LASO playlist but it has been fun playing the cross game playlists to kinda see the evolution of the series for better or worse.

Madness

Sweet, seems like they're putting playlists back in now that SWAT is back. Should see CE, Halo 4 back in as well. Here's hoping they get a dedicated objective playlist soon as well, as well as get ranks going and these problems fixed.

Sweet, seems like they're putting playlists back in now that SWAT is back. Should see CE, Halo 4 back in as well. Here's hoping they get a dedicated objective playlist soon as well, as well as get ranks going and these problems fixed.

Yeah. Would love a CE playlist so I can betray my teammates without being booted.

Madness

This game is never going to have a good enough population for frequent BTB matches. Let's just hope for a Christmas Noob Miracle.

Unless they have some kind of nationwide ad campaign where instead of we will rock you, it's just a big apology and says "we're sorry, the game works now", the damage is done. Word of mouth has spread fast, just look at all the 1 star reviews on Amazon. Within launch week at EBGames, they were telling potential buyers that there is a lot of MP problems. So I'm not sure if it's fixed whether people will still buy or not.

I'm hoping the Halo 5 beta is advertised like crazy and all the PR and articles mention that matchmaking is fixed for MCC (if it's fixed by then). This game needs all the help it can get now to sustain itself for the rest of the year.

-Ryn

Banned
The amount of quitters in this game is absurd
I wonder if shooters will ever recover.
Back in the days of Halo 3 quitting wasn't nearly as prominent. Now there is almost always at least 1 quitter before the game even starts. I doubt it's much different for the MCC.
Maybe it's just a sign of the times...

willow ve

Yep I'm really reliving the past here.

Quittung wgen your avorute gametype doesn't get the vote.

Was a problem since... ever? And never really fixed

Game still needs a quitters paradise. Quit more than 3 games a day? Well the rest of the day you are ONLY allowed to match with other players who have quit 3 times today. I would go so far as to not even allow people who have quit 3 times a day to party with anyone at all until the following day.

AND - in Halo 5 with spectator mode - force quitters into spectating the remainder of the match they left.

Akai__

Did they fix the bleedthrough in Halo 2 Anniversary?

If somebody has like 0.0001% shields left and you shoot him with the sniper it won't actually kill him but drop the remaining shields. That's a really dumb mechanic if you ask me...

If somebody has like 0.0001% shields left and you shoot him with the sniper it won't actually kill him but drop the remaining shields. That's a really dumb mechanic if you ask me...

That can't possibly be intentional. If it is, well, prob one of the worst decisions 343 has ever made. Worse than a 5 shot kill BR, worse than no flag dropping, worse than flinch.

Woorloog

Banned

Wait, what, no bleedthrough even for power weapons? Or just the sniper? If the latter, i'd imagine it is a bug, Reach had bleedthrough for all power weapons (where applicable).

-Ryn

Banned
What do you guys think the size of the team working on MCC is vs the size of the team working on Halo 5?
I'm guessing about a 1/5 in size

Wait, what, no bleedthrough even for power weapons? Or just the sniper? If the latter, i'd imagine it is a bug, Reach had bleedthrough for all power weapons (where applicable).
They brought back bleed through in Halo 4 right? And wasn't bleed through in the original H2?

Akai__

So far, we only tested it with the Sniper Rifle and with smacking someone. Both don't have bleedthrough. Haven't played any MP, since the last patch, so I don't know if it's still happening.

Smacking also suffers from an other problem. The damage is very inconsitent and it mostly takes 3 punches to kill someone. It's really weid, because SMG's do more damage than BR's when smacking someone. I don't know what's up with that.

Wasn't Reach only lacking in melee bleedthrough, not bleedthrough damage in general?

I'm pretty sure DMR and Magnum shots don't bleedthrough, but I can't remember what the deal was with the sniper.

If you bodyshot someone with a sliver of shields with a sniper, will they die in Reach?

-Ryn

Banned
Reach was the first game without bleedthrough (though post-patch it was added back), Halo 4 had it.
Hmm... it's gotta be a glitch then. I doubt they'd take out bleed through again after going bringing it back.

Wasn't Reach only lacking in melee bleedthrough, not bleedthrough damage in general?

I'm pretty sure DMR and Magnum shots don't bleedthrough, but I can't remember what the deal was with the sniper.

If you bodyshot someone with a sliver of shields with a sniper, will they die in Reach?
If your shields were half way down you'd be killed with a body shot.

monome

one quick question : can I play Halo2A campaign without fear of losing saved progress?

Been sitting on my copy but Xmas is coming and I'd like that campaign done and dusted before Halo 5 beta hits.

Hardy Lebel dropping knowledge bombs. 343 should listen.

http://www.hardylebel.com/2014/12/universal-truth-game-design-1/

"Subtraction is the second-most-powerful tool you have at your command."

"Why? Put simply, less is more. Deciding that you’re going to have “less” of anything means that, by definition, whatever you choose to keep will automatically have more prominence."

"Write out your feature list. If you could only keep half of the features you’ve dreamed up, which ones are the most critical?"

-Ryn

Banned
one quick question : can I play Halo2A campaign without fear of losing saved progress?

Been sitting on my copy but Xmas is coming and I'd like that campaign done and dusted before Halo 5 beta hits.
Unless one of the patches fixed it there's a chance you'll lose your progress still. I'm pretty sure all the patches have been focused on multiplayer so far.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Waahmbulance.gif

HAHA! ;) I can't view it at work but I know exactly what it is ;)

willow ve

Unless one of the patches fixed it there's a chance you'll lose your progress still. I'm pretty sure all the patches have been focused on multiplayer so far.

Feels like BF4 campaign - I think I had to play it 3 or 4 times completely through before all weapons, etc. were unlocked. The unskippable cutscenes made it a huge chore.

m23

Played a few games last night, seemed alright for the most part. Got a couple laggy games and a couple crashes though. These quitters though...

TTUVAPOR

Banned
On the subject of how to evolve Halo as a game, it needs to go back to basics first. Its original core resembled Quake, a battle for map control, power weapons, and power ups. The timing of these things is what made Halo so unique, they forced the player to have to think about a variety of things, risk vs reward, no other shooters really did that other than Quake, then it was Halo, then maybe you could say Gears of War tried it but it wasn't the same.

As for abilities being put into the mix of Halo, I would study Shadowrun for the Xbox 360. SR was a good mix of blending counter-strike-style modes/buy system with a unique approach to decision making in an FPS. You basically built your own character within the four races to choose from, per match.

Every ability in SR basically had a sacrifice of some kind, otherwise it wouldn't have been balanced.

For example, the Elf I believe had the most essence (magic juice) for casting spells like teleport, gust, ghost, rez, healing trees, etc. You had to decide what to use your essence for, i.e., if you carelessly teleported all over the place, you would be drained of your essence, and come the situation where you really need teleport during a fight, you may or may not be able to use it due to draining your essence and not giving it enough time to re-fill.

It's tough to explain Shadowrun's gameplay design to people who haven't played it, especially through writing. The point though is Shadowrun's abilities had risk vs reward associated with all of them.

If Halo is to do this, e.g., sprint, there needs to be more risk other than your downed shields don't recharge if you're sprinting. Instead, sprinting should cause your shields to go down, that way you gain an advantage by essentially punishing yourself. It's like rocket-jumping in Quake, you don't just rocket jump without getting hurt (unless you're playing Clan Arena, rocket jumps don't hurt you), you decide that you're going to take the penalty of losing health/armor to gain a high advantage or to out-juke someone during a fight.

I could go on and on about this, but Halo could easily have abilities incorporated into the game and they would be perfectly fine, but they have to associate risk vs reward to all of them. The jet pack for example...shouldn't just give you away on the map or make a really loud noise, it needs to do something else to penalize you for choosing to use it.

I highly doubt 343 will do this though.

IHaveIce

Banned
Game still needs a quitters paradise. Quit more than 3 games a day? Well the rest of the day you are ONLY allowed to match with other players who have quit 3 times today. I would go so far as to not even allow people who have quit 3 times a day to party with anyone at all until the following day.

AND - in Halo 5 with spectator mode - force quitters into spectating the remainder of the match they left.
the spectating idea is one of the best I have read so far concerning quitters.
really nice.

yeah what is up with the bleedthrough sometines in Halo 2A paired with some sort of movement based melee system it is weird

the spectating idea is one of the best I have read so far concerning quitters.
really nice.

No one games in this world should force a player to remain and watch a game that he left comon, it's the choice of the player point and it's a part of the MM system to have stupid teammates sadly, now I see the point why Bungie refuse to put a MM system for the Raids in Destiny but still it should be the choice of the user to take the risk or not to play with random players.

At the end the drop in, drop out was not a bad idea especially for MCC and for the social playlists for example.

yeah what is up with the bleedthrough sometines in Halo 2A paired with some sort of movement based melee system it is weird

I think Mass Effect 3 use this system, the shieldgate or something, it sound similar.

Mdot

Reposting this just because it's been frustrating the shit out of me; any help or confirmation this is happening to others would at least ease my mind. Thanks:

Every other game tonight has been me lagging dreadfully, but not affecting everyone else. Same thing I thought was standbying that I've mentioned but my buddy in my party was fine and said I was just running around the map every time I was lagging. Any idea what gives? Figured it was affecting everyone up until my friend said it was just me. Then the next game would be fine. So screwy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom