• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm done for the semester and don't have to work for the next 4 weeks

I have all the time in the world
to play other games

Tawpgun

These voting selections are from a single nights play (note all objective gametypes in the playlist are Assault Rifle starts)

AR4_zpsf5221787.png

AR1_zpsbef10d55.png

AR2_zpsd422393c.png

AR3_zps570a04ec.png

AR6_zps588dc467.png

AR5_zps6a10c59a.png

TBH Mix I can't wish anything less than pestilence and destitution to a company that thinks it acceptable to excrete these droppings from the stock gametypes into a playlist and call it a day. I handed over £364 to play games I'd already bought over the previous 13 years, invested in their new and struggling console, paid the online Gold admission price, and they can't toss one stinkin BR start in a selection of three or even offer the possibility of an objective BR start? Or be bothered to pay somebody to implement the latest MM versions of the maps and gametypes from each native title? Enough is enough. 343 stink and they've blown this franchise. Anything important is half-assed.

Reach: Got one guy to do the title update. Promised TU hooks and changes that never materialised. TU had bugged health packs and a needle rifle that auto-headshot while aiming at the body. Never fixed.

Reach playlist support: Post-TU had several different versions of the base game that was confusing to people who spent 12 hours a day on halogaf. Proffered a botched TU/Vanilla referendum that was fundamentally flawed and thus worthless. Removed Squad Slayer. Let people buy their new DLC pack then made the DLC playlist 100% bloom Vanilla settings so people who preferred TU settings couldn't play the maps they just paid for. Launched a TU BETA playlist and set up a forum thread for it then basically acted as though it never existed and abandoned the idea. Changed the Objective playlist to 5v5 as a covert testing ground for Halo 4's objective settings. Stopped updating the playlists about four months prior to the release of Halo 4.

Halo 4: Endless things wrong with the game at a design level at launch. Go read the OT's in the six months following the games release. Long time Halo nut and community friend to the devs Ghaleon EB sells the game and all of his Halo merch in revulsion. Feature parity with Halo games 5 years its senior too much to ask. No campaign theatre, no file share for months, no red X's, no film rendering. No custom game option to turn off sprint. No ranking system.

Post Halo 4: "We'll update the Reach and Halo 3 playlists once we've shipped Halo 4, we have a legacy sustain team". Months later admit no such updates will happen. Halo 3 is free on XBL for two weeks, perfect opportunity for a population revival. Major Nelson informs the community in a podcast that Bravo is updating the playlists. Next Bulletin they tell us they're not touching the playlists. Instead of removing DLC restrictions from the lists or making the years old DLC free they go to the effort of designing the first splash screen Halo 3 has seen in years to... give players a direct hyperlink to buy the years old and overpriced DLC on the marketplace.

E3 2013 and 2014: "Halo on dedicated servers!!!!!"

Post E3 '14 and Pre-MCC release: Telling people that still may not have been convinced to buy that there will be 1-50 in all the playlists, Halo CE will have its own playlist and Halo 3 will have a shared playlist with H2 featuring hardcore settings.

A week before launch, after many had put their money down: "Oh, no CE playlist, 1-50 in one playlist only and apparently, it's too much work to take the MLG H3 settings that are already made and put them in MCC so no hardcore H3 either".

MCC at launch: They release a product that doesn't work.

MCC over a month after launch: Still not functioning at the most basic expected level. Still playing on laggy P2P connections.

Oh, one more thing before I go

THEY MADE NOT PLAYING THEIR GAME AN ACHIEVEMENT

chansub-global-emoticon-89e474822a976928-19x27.png

Fuckin classic henery spitting out the truthbombs

While I wouldn't go so far as to say 343 deserves to get destroyed and stuff, I think something on a DEVELOPMENT level needs to change. Whether its MS influence, the higher ups, work allocation, or maybe on an employee level.

I get MCC is an ambitious project and apparantley came in hot but some of these oversights are annoying and it doesn't help that game development is mostly shrouded in mystery. No one will admit to fucking up during dev. No one will say "well actually the reason for no br starts/un updated maps/this bug that bug/ is because of this" Sometimes they think it makes them look bad. Sometimes they assume its too complicated and the public won't get it, but I'd much prefer them posting it and having the smarter people, such as fyrewulff maybe, explain the complex stuff in more laymans terms. Not just "oh there was something we didnt see until game went live"

I want the game to work, so I don't wish for 343 to just close down and RIP Halo. But something needs to change. Halo 4 dev seemed like a mess, but they were building a team.

MCC dev is a mess. No excuse this time. Unless its something like "We had a small team working on this ambitious project and just outsourced the rest to companies that (outside of certain affinity) have no halo experience."

It's super frustrating. I'm gonna try MCC this weekend, haven't played in a while. Hope it works well.

Mix

I guess my problem with the negativity is that I'm one of the lucky few who isn't experiencing very many issues anymore. I've not had a problem where each map and respective gametype selection has been so bad that I felt the need to wish hell upon a group of people.

I agree more with Tawpgun where in Halo 4's Dev time was a huge mess because they started developing a game with almost half of the team that actually finished it (numbers, not replacements) and it led to a confusion in the way of direction and ultimately a bad game.

Again to Tawpgun's point, This is not something that should have persisted in a product released a full 2 years later unless more of the team really was focused on Halo 5:G, and much of the product was outsourced to companies that were overwhelmed by the responsibility that came with developing a Halo title. But still, this should not be an excuse. This was a huge endeavor and they should have known going into it that they would have to lend more than just a small internal team to it. Had a majority of the team been doing this and not a mobile game or Halo 5:G beta prep, then maybe we would've received a better, more complete product.

They've have their fair share of mess ups, but I'm still confident in the team and all those guys up there at 343 that they can pull it together and launch a game that works and plays well. They still have to fix plenty with this game, but it's good to see them making progress. They delayed the launch of the mobile game, so it's obvious they're trying.

I'm of the idea that there's no real way they didn't know about any of these issues before it launched, but at the same time I'm sure that the team wouldn't have launched a product this broken on purpose. There were definitely things that came post launch that they did not foresee, but they also knew that some of this was going to happen.

Idk, I still think it's good now that's working, but they definitely missed the mark a bit with somethings. Time will tell if they can make this game work before it dries up completely and I believe they can.

Tawpgun

I'm glad BR starts are FINALLY gonna get more weighting in matchmaking.

In 343's defense, this seems to be the tradition of Halo games at launch. AR starts everywhere. Community says what the fuck. Bungie concedes and says "fine you fucks have BR starts" lol.

Does objective have BR starts? In Reach (maybe Halo 3?) Bungie gave objective games DMR starts across the board. This is because having that weapon made objective play a lot better considering you can't do jack and shit once an enemy takes a flag and gets further away from you then your AR can reach.

klodeckel

Banned
989705032-Lionidas-Badspiegel-mit-Beleuchtung-Space-Inva.jpg

Well, shit. This would look so awesome in my bathroom. Still scared to order this ...

My lovely girlfriend would kill me 117% ... :'(

These voting selections are from a single nights play (note all objective gametypes in the playlist are Assault Rifle starts)

AR4_zpsf5221787.png

AR1_zpsbef10d55.png

AR2_zpsd422393c.png

AR3_zps570a04ec.png

AR6_zps588dc467.png

AR5_zps6a10c59a.png

TBH Mix I can't wish anything less than pestilence and destitution to a company that thinks it acceptable to excrete these droppings from the stock gametypes into a playlist and call it a day. I handed over £364 to play games I'd already bought over the previous 13 years, invested in their new and struggling console, paid the online Gold admission price, and they can't toss one stinkin BR start in a selection of three or even offer the possibility of an objective BR start? Or be bothered to pay somebody to implement the latest MM versions of the maps and gametypes from each native title? Enough is enough. 343 stink and they've blown this franchise. Anything important is half-assed.

Reach: Got one guy to do the title update. Promised TU hooks and changes that never materialised. TU had bugged health packs and a needle rifle that auto-headshot while aiming at the body. Never fixed.

Reach playlist support: Post-TU had several different versions of the base game that was confusing to people who spent 12 hours a day on halogaf. Proffered a botched TU/Vanilla referendum that was fundamentally flawed and thus worthless. Removed Squad Slayer. Let people buy their new DLC pack then made the DLC playlist 100% bloom Vanilla settings so people who preferred TU settings couldn't play the maps they just paid for. Launched a TU BETA playlist and set up a forum thread for it then basically acted as though it never existed and abandoned the idea. Changed the Objective playlist to 5v5 as a covert testing ground for Halo 4's objective settings. Stopped updating the playlists about four months prior to the release of Halo 4.

Halo 4: Endless things wrong with the game at a design level at launch. Go read the OT's in the six months following the games release. Long time Halo nut and community friend to the devs Ghaleon EB sells the game and all of his Halo merch in revulsion. Feature parity with Halo games 5 years its senior too much to ask. No campaign theatre, no file share for months, no red X's, no film rendering. No custom game option to turn off sprint. No ranking system.

Post Halo 4: "We'll update the Reach and Halo 3 playlists once we've shipped Halo 4, we have a legacy sustain team". Months later admit no such updates will happen. Halo 3 is free on XBL for two weeks, perfect opportunity for a population revival. Major Nelson informs the community in a podcast that Bravo is updating the playlists. Next Bulletin they tell us they're not touching the playlists. Instead of removing DLC restrictions from the lists or making the years old DLC free they go to the effort of designing the first splash screen Halo 3 has seen in years to... give players a direct hyperlink to buy the years old and overpriced DLC on the marketplace.

Post E3 '14 and Pre-MCC release: Telling people that still may not have been convinced to buy that there will be 1-50 in all the playlists, Halo CE will have its own playlist and Halo 3 will have a shared playlist with H2 featuring hardcore settings.

A week before launch, after many had put their money down: "Oh, no CE playlist, 1-50 in one playlist only and apparently, it's too much work to take the MLG H3 settings that are already made and put them in MCC so no hardcore H3 either".

MCC over a month after launch: Still not functioning at the most basic expected level. Still playing on laggy P2P connections.

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

QFT

AR4_zpsf5221787.png

AR1_zpsbef10d55.png

AR2_zpsd422393c.png

AR3_zps570a04ec.png

AR6_zps588dc467.png

AR5_zps6a10c59a.png

The problem with your entire post is saying that 343 is calling it a day. I stopped reading right there. Game is improving.

how do you fuck up decade old games man...how you make the same damn mistakes...and then new ones on top of it...

this is some next-gen level of incompetence

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Looks like professional gamers may have some use in the NAVY: http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/11/tech/innovation/navy-laser-weapon/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

The laser also takes fewer crew members to operate. It can be fired by one sailor using a video game-like controller.
The weapon performed without failure in conditions of high wind, humidity and temperature, the Navy said.

The Navy hopes to deploy variations of the laser weapon system in the fleet by 2020

Holy hell, wow. Halo 3 laser in real life!

Welfare

The problem with your entire post is saying that 343 is calling it a day. I stopped reading right there. Game is improving.

Lol you took issue with that? He said this.

to a company that thinks it acceptable to excrete these droppings from the stock gametypes into a playlist and call it a day.

You should go read the rest of his post, because he is complete right with everything he typed.

willow ve

it limited 5 v 5's to mostly 4 v 4 (which actually isn't regarded by matchmaking cuz I frequently end up in 5 v 4's or worse) and it put objective gametypes into team slayer and swat accidentally?

Ugh, really? Where's the dedicated Objective playlist at this point anyway?

Yeah - apparently Oddball and CTF now appear in SWAT. And not their SWAT variants - so you're searching in SWAT and end up playing CTF with normal health instead (
I think it was intentional to expose more players to Objective gametypes
).

dwells

Computer

This game can be so frustrating. Wait 10 min for a game. Finally get a even team game on a good map and its crashes during the map load screen 2 times in a row. It takes me a good 30 mins of pain in the ass effort just to get one game in. Witch sucks for a person with limited time to play games.

edit. Make that 3 times in a row now. Crashes during the map load and goes to a screen that says game over. Fuck I just want to fucking play Halo!

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Yep, US military has used Xbox 360 controllers for a while. They work with PCs and have the instant advantage of being immediately familiar to 99% of the young men and women in the armed forces. Net result is a device that feels more intuitive and requires less training.

armyfcs360controller.jpg

Wow, that's funny. Wonder if they will upgrade to Xbox One controllers? HAHA! Sony didn't get the defense contract for the US military?

Ramirez

it limited 5 v 5's to mostly 4 v 4 (which actually isn't regarded by matchmaking cuz I frequently end up in 5 v 4's or worse) and it put objective gametypes into team slayer and swat accidentally?

Wait, the game still exceeds 4v4 even in playlists it was supposed to be reduced in?

TTUVAPOR

Banned
This game can be so frustrating. Wait 10 min for a game. Finally get a even team game on a good map and its crashes during the map load screen 2 times in a row. It takes me a good 30 mins of pain in the ass effort just to get one game in. Witch sucks for a person with limited time to play games.

I feel your pain. When it does that though, I suggest a hard reset of your Xbox One or at least goto your home screen and quit out of Halo MCC by pressing start and quit. That way it shuts it down completely and then you can re-load MCC.

I hate how everything is a damn app/program now on the Xbox One.

CliQ

aQlPNKS.jpg

***DAILY REMINDER***

If you want to play this weekend send me a PM or message me on XBL with your GT that way I can add you to my friend's list.

See you on the battlefield!

Mdot

If you want to play this weekend send me a PM or message me on XBL with your GT that way I can add you to my friend's list.

Don't think I can play this specific one but I'm down for the future:

Mdot twenty3

I have, I always put up with Halo since I liked it so much. Now that most of the games I like on console are 60, the very few I have to put up with are really irritating.

What if I told you...

http://a.pomf.se/lfruum.webm

This is not CE2, I'm just trying to recreate the feel of Halo in UE4 for educational purposes.

Stupid trial webm program watermark.
Welp, this piques my interest! Funny too because I was recently discussing UE4 with a friend and possibly learning it lol. How's your experience with it?
-reason why you're on the dev team for
Combat Evolved 2
-
None of it is fair.
I guarantee you that the one thing 343 would say about this post is:

"look! In all those screenshots, even teams!"
lmfao
I'm glad BR starts are FINALLY gonna get more weighting in matchmaking.

In 343's defense, this seems to be the tradition of Halo games at launch. AR starts everywhere. Community says what the fuck. Bungie concedes and says "fine you fucks have BR starts" lol.
No. If anything, we should be flinging boogers at them for making us go through this shit again.. Wasn't the tyranny of Bungie enough?! ;'[
Does objective have BR starts? In Reach (maybe Halo 3?) Bungie gave objective games DMR starts across the board. This is because having that weapon made objective play a lot better considering you can't do jack and shit once an enemy takes a flag and gets further away from you then your AR can reach.
This is literally how ranged battles in general work in Halo 2 and Halo 3 lol. Don't even bother shooting people from any sort of distance unless you have a Sniper, just waltz on over, slowly, and use that little motion tracker of yours to take your time setting up the most basic single kill you could possibly ever get in a match to 50 kills.

Such excitement, much BR. That being said and some may call me crazy, but I'm beginning to think Halo 3 is more enjoyable than Halo 2 lol. That H3 BR may have SHIT range, sure, but it's kind of fun to use when you're 10 feet away on dedicated servers. It feels like I'm using a whip, if that makes any sense. It's like a guilty pleasure similar to Halo 4, except in Halo 4 I can actually have long-range shootouts with people.

Impala26

aQlPNKS.jpg

***DAILY REMINDER***

I'll be there this week! :-D

Gonna need some Halo elixir to numb my sorrows of being laid off come next Friday... :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom