• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
It would be helpful to know what kind of feedback 343 is looking for. I'm pretty analytical and would love to help in any way I can.

Yeah, if it's just another generic stress-test for the servers, netcode, etc...then I wouldn't waste my time with feedback.

I'd love to know if they will genuinely take the following feedback and if anything is calling for change or removal of something, will they actually do it?

It would be nice to also know what's basically not going to be changed leading up to final release.

e.g., If sprint is here to stay or anything else for that matter, like Sparan Abilities, it would be nice to know ahead of time, that way we're not wasting keystrokes saying, "PLEASE REMOVE SPRINT!!!"

If we know going into the beta that those things are concrete and aren't changing no matter what, at least we can focus on other things.

dwells

If anyone has an extra code to spare for H5, I'd appreciate it. I'm still pretty skeptical, but I figure I ought to give it a shot, eh?

Hahaha!

The ban hammer came down on:
giphy.gif

1. are you comparing someone on a fucking message board to Hitler? what a waste of space.
2. i was banned far before this.

fuck off with your shit.

Ramirez

I want to post actual feedback. Ya know? im actually going into this with an open mind. and to specify that its Waypoint only is cutting out MANY communities.

How hard is it for those people from the other MANY communities to type in Waypoint.com and post there. Unless you were an asshat and got banned from there.

Haruko

Anyone stream via the twitch app on Xbox One? Every time I hit broadcast, it gives me the "oops, there's an error" message in the Twitch app. I'm logged in and everything with my account, but everytime I hit broadcast, it does that message. I've yet to ever broadcast via Twitch on Xbox One.

Go into your twitch account and delete the association with your Xbox gamertag (http://www.twitch.tv/settings/connections), then re-associate it. Force-quit the Twitch app on your Xbone and try again.

That's fixed it for me before.

I'll never get accepted into the preview program in time, Frankie/tashi pls I need dat code.
I actually like the implementation of ADS.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
How hard is it for those people from the other MANY communities to type in Waypoint.com and post there. Unless you were an asshat and got banned from there.

The issue I have with waypoint is that thousands of people are posting threads so fast that anything you post basically gets dropped several pages back and unless 343 actually has a person reading every single piece of feedback, it gets lost.

I think it's good for niche communities to provide feedback to 343 on their own respective forums, e.g., here at Gaf.

It's a more tight-knit group of players with similar mindsets.

so you expect everyone from Beyond, RUL, HBO, BNET, Reddit,Grifball Hub, Roosterteeth Forums, etc. to create an account to post their feedback, when the job of the community team at 343 is to cater to all communities.

your issues with me and my issues with 343 aside. Tashi has said that they are getting info from multiple places.

Ramirez

The issue I have with waypoint is that thousands of people are posting threads so fast that anything you post basically gets dropped several pages back and unless 343 actually has a person reading every single piece of feedback, it gets lost.

I think it's good for niche communities to provide feedback to 343 on their own respective forums, e.g., here at Gaf.

It's a more tight-knit group of players with similar mindsets.

Any major forum is going to have so many posts it's drowned out. The community thread does not represent the majority of GAF's Halo fans and opinions. Mosey over to the MCC OT to see that. We are a vocal minority.

so you expect everyone from Beyond, RUL, HBO, BNET, Reddit,Grifball Hub, Roosterteeth Forums, etc. to create an account to post their feedback, when the job of the community team at 343 is to cater to all communities.

your issues with me and my issues with 343 aside. Tashi has said that they are getting info from multiple places.

If they care enough to actually write about it, sure.

The overwhelming majority of complaints/feedback is going to be about stuff that has no chance of changing anyways.

Let it be know that Demoncarnotaur officially called dibs and will be receiving my code.

+

Huh... that's a point. They did say stuff about not being allowed to share.

Hmm... :/

Shit, if I had remembered this I wouldn't have taken the code Frankie sent me. I just finished entering both of them though.

What are the chances that it'll be fine to trade?

Hmm, I'd say don't risk it unless someone at MS/343 give the all clear (or people verify it's safe). If you get that all clear I will still happily take the code!

Madness

I think the real takeaway is how the fuck do you manage to get banned from waypoint

Probably said the latest bulletin didn't really have too much new info in it and Ozzy went ballistic.

Kidding aside, some people I've seen are banned from waypoint until the year 2552 or something. You know you dun goofed when they ban you for 500+ years.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
The overwhelming majority of complaints/feedback is going to be about stuff that has no chance of changing anyways.

That's what bothers me and makes me not want to post any feedback whatsoever.

It would be nice if 343 releases a statement about beta feedback that went like this:

"Welcome to the Halo 5 beta! We value our fans feedback on Halo 5 and want you to give your honest opinions about everything you experience. Though all feedback is read and examined, we specifically would appreciate your feedback on the following items in Halo 5:
1. Weapon balance
2. Spartan Abilities
3. Sprint
4. Map design/flow
5. Controls/settings"

Now wouldn't that be cool?

dwells

Probably said the latest bulletin didn't really have too much new info in it and Ozzy went ballistic.

Kidding aside, some people I've seen are banned from waypoint until the year 2552 or something. You know you dun goofed when they ban you for 500+ years.
Halo takes place in 2552. The ban date is a joke.

Halo 4 gameinformer article.

I could see that. I have seen people get banned enough over there for simply being adament with a contrary opinion or posting leaked images that are circulating EVERYWHERE on the web. It's rather silly.

That's what bothers me and makes me not want to post any feedback whatsoever.

It would be nice if 343 releases a statement about beta feedback that went like this:

"Welcome to the Halo 5 beta! We value our fans feedback on Halo 5 and want you to give your honest opinions about everything you experience. Though all feedback is read and examined, we specifically would appreciate your feedback on the following items in Halo 5:
1. Weapon balance
2. Spartan Abilities
3. Sprint
4. Map design/flow
5. Controls/settings"

Now wouldn't that be cool?

I agree. At least for the official beta. We wanna be as helpful as possible. What are they tight fisted about and what are they holding loosely in regards to gameplay?

Mix

Codes going out in less than an hour and then it actually starts in just under 2... Just in time for me to go to work as it finishes downloading :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom