• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's not me. When I play Halo, I want the MC to feel like an extension of me, a virtual representation of me as a player. In real life I'm not a dudebro high-fiving excessive celebration guy, so I don't really want to be forced to be one in Halo.

I get that, but the "12 year old" thing was kind of offputting :p

Think that a Spartan personality customization thing would work?

Someone's gonna bookmark all these posts for when Halogaf inevitably turns on Halo 5

repent-the-end-is-nigh-ye-must-be-cleansed.png

HaloGaf in 10 days.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
But it's not me. When I play Halo, I want the MC to feel like an extension of me, a virtual representation of me as a player. In real life I'm not a dudebro high-fiving excessive celebration guy, so I don't really want to be forced to be one in Halo.

This is going to be moderated/toned down a bit. It's supposed to be "funny" but we heard loads of complaints already.#realbeta

lol, "the next evolution in halo combat"

The IGN guys keep calling hipfiring no-scoping and its getting annoying.

well to be fair all hipfiring IS noscoping now

if you guys haven't taken the hint that Smart Scope is more integral to gameplay than zooming and is not identical in functionality to classic zooming yet, now would be a good time to do so

link1201

This is going to be moderated/toned down a bit. It's supposed to be "funny" but we heard loads of complaints already.#realbeta

Yeah add me to the list. Seems more silly than funny to me.

EDIT:

Also does this preview beta have all the maps we'll see in the full beta?

Maybe if you provided customizable animations (that were a little toned down), players would be more positive towards it. It could be a great visual representation of player stats, like maybe the camera could fly around to each player and identify their top accolade, such as "MVP" or "Most Sword Kills."

No-scoping in any game is usually reserved for weapons that require scope in to be effective. If that's the case every hipfire kill with any gun should be a snapshot.

...in H5G every weapon detailed so far shows discernible improvement either in terms of augmented visual range or reduced bullet spread while scoped in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom