• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSB

Banned
I thought crouch jumping was no longer possible in Halo 5 because of Ground pound, but someone in the other thread said that it is still possible. I asked how but I didn't get an answer.

So, is it true? Can you still crouch jump?

A little nitpick: unless I'm blind I saw no option to turn off controller rumble in the beta. Please give me that option. If it is there and I just don't see it point me in the right direction.

Rev3rb

I8EdMCph.jpg

Ramirez

I just don't understand why the radar can't be like CoD, have weapons and abilities make you appear on radar. Bring back the sprint panting from Reach, and bam, we're in a much better spot.

Omni

How does the KDA spread work?

After 23 games mine is at 14.1 apparently. But I've only got 451 kills, 135 deaths and 117 assists

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't understand how people are dominating in this game. I get shredded by AR's 24/7.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
The shield popping sound needs to change. Everytime my Shield pops I think I got an achievement. It sound exactly like the achievement pop sound.

nillapuddin

They could lose Charge, Slide, hover, ground pound and be completely fine.

I am on team thruster and clamber.

I like the sprint balancing, I didn't feel like it was too too easy to escape combat, but obvi with thruster you can duck away.

For a beta beta, on only two maps with one gametype, I have been really enjoying it.

Not having to deal with out of the box armor abilities and loadouts is a huge blessing.

As different as it is, it felt more like Halo than (the past few games) imo

Can't you do it in system prefs?

There are a dozen things missing in the XB1 system settings, including this, output voice settings, disabling system sounds (which are annoying and pointless), etc. Not to mention that, a year after release, you still can't stream your music while you game on this joke of a console. 360 had more built in functionality at launch.

So many network difficulties right now. Awesome.

Is this enough bandwidth to stream and still play?:

4000626582.png
Yup. More than I've got in either direction.

BraXzy

Clamber: Perhaps add some skill to it by making it so if you land a jump and you just BARELY miss it, the clamber is really fast. But if you missed it and are like waist/reticle level with the ledge the clamber will be slower as you pull yourself up. This way people who land the jumps right will be rewarded. Just a thought.

I really really like this idea. How good it would feel in practice is another matter but it's worth testing. It does feel cheap a lot of the time when jumping up stuff now, like I don't really try and jump it properly I just hold A to win. I suppose it'd be kinda like Gears' reloading but for clambering instead and the jam wouldn't be so punishing :3

LMFAO. I still haven't landed a thrust smash thing that killed someone. Oh and I forgot slide was a thing. I suppose I'll try that out tomorrow.

Also, Frankie if you're still in the spirit of goodwill, I would love for a spare early beta access code for my buddy who I always play Halo with. He's kinda gutted I'm playing the beta without him :L

There are a dozen things missing in the XB1 system settings, including this, output voice settings, disabling system sounds (which are annoying and pointless), etc. Not to mention that, a year after release, you still can't stream your music while you game on this joke of a console. 360 had more built in functionality at launch.

Yup. More than I've got in either direction.

I know, I was being semi-sarcastic. Going in as a party was not working, but going in alone works fine, so I guess there's still some networking voodoo involved in matchmaking despite dedis.

Xbone UI... I know it's not your department Stinkles, but pls respond

Something is wrong when the majority of teams that win, run around in packs like psychos spraying AR's and chucking grenades.

Starting to feel a little sour about this. I still love the feel of H5, but something is off.

The aim punch/flinch needs to go.

I blame radar as a major problem still

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I was thinking tonight, after several beers...if Halo 5 is shit to us hardcore fans...we will always have MCC to fall back on for the next six or so years before the next console comes out...and even when the next one comes out...we still have MCC on Xbox One, for like the next 10 years.

I swear it, if I'm not digging the beta, I'm not buying H5. Not gonna put myself through the torture of hoping a dev makes changes for the final game. Been let down too many times by other devs in other games.

We can complain that we want Halo to go back to core Halo like Halo CE or Halo 2...and the beauty is we have MCC for that. If 343 can manage to make COD kiddos come over to Halo 5, well congrats, you win.

If you want Halo fans though...why are you catering to COD folks?

"It's what players expect."...........What about what Halo fans expect? I never see or hear 343 asking what do you as Halo fans expect in a Halo game?

"We hear people say that sprint shouldn't belong in Halo....so how do we balance that?"

Okay....first mistake...you heard Halo fans say they dont want sprint in Halo...yet you persist in making it be in Halo? Why?

I don't get it...what does it take to get the message across?

Omni

I don't really like the BR in this beta. I think it bursts too quickly. Like each bullet in a burst comes out almost instantly after the first. It might as well be a single shot weapon

I don't really like the BR in this beta. I think it bursts too quickly. Like each bullet in a burst comes out almost instantly after the first. It might as well be a single shot weapon

My brother was sitting next to me and he was saying the same thing.

Also the dmr seems to take 5 shots and the br takes 4?

MouldyK

I hear that blood gulch in Halo 5 will have doorhogs

Would be a good "Remix" Map.

Also, The Sprint Episode 3 is up.

I'm digging these videos each time before I go to sleep. And the way everyone in the videos seems passionate gets me hyped for Halo 5...until I read the reactions here.

Nowise10

Just got +4 XP from this match

I can't do anything but play these pointless matches. +4 XP isn't going to get me anywhere, and If I quit, how much XP would I probably loose? 30?

Its a loose loose situation, from something completely out of my control. Im hoping they fine tune the ranking system in the months ahead, and I'm sure they will, but what they have going on now is unfair and frustrating.

link1201

Would be a good "Remix" Map.

Also, The Sprint Episode 3 is up.

I'm digging these videos each time before I go to sleep. And the way everyone in the videos seems passionate gets me hyped for Halo 5...until I read the reactions here.

I have enjoyed The Sprint much more than Nightfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom