• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GG funknown
Oh you were in that game?

I stopped caring when I got 3 people no shield and no one cleaned up those kills, and when someone played a crouching contest at one of the bases with me. On stream so I told my friend, "Watch this guy not move when I stop moving on his motion tracker, then watch him move when I move." hahah

I really need a gamertag list of you guys so I can know when to FLEX! ;'[

EDIT: Unstable, I'm backing out. I'd rather solo this Beta so I don't have to worry about my teammates <3

Computron

Oh you were in that game?

I stopped caring when I got 3 people no shield and no one cleaned up those kills, and when someone played a crouching contest at one of the bases with me. On stream so I told my friend, "Watch this guy not move when I stop moving on his motion tracker, then watch him move when I move." hahah

I really need a gamertag list of you guys so I can know when to FLEX! ;'[

EDIT: Unstable, I'm backing out. I'd rather solo this Beta so I don't have to worry about my teammates <3

yea I was on your team for the truth game.

yea I was on your team for the truth game.
That dig hurts man but I still <3 u
Oh, streaming if anyone wants to hear me complain about motion tracker and what it does to gameplay.

Did we win? I don't remember, I'm trying to get right and enjoy the last bit of this Beta properly ;]

EDIT: I should apologize because I sounded like a jerk there, but I forgot to mention that I'm on Skype with another friend and was not able to verbally communicate with my teammates so it's really my fault <3

And when I said I don't have to worry about my teammates, I meant worry about not disappointing them BTW! Just felt I should say that, something something snowball effect something something

If having a weapon equipped gives the player Damage Boost, then that just means the weapon has a permanently increased damage output. I don't want any weapon giving out Overshield.
Hold on. While Sprinting we know our shields won't recharge but adding an overshield to a special version of the grav-hammer or damage boost (depending how much of overshield or damage boost is granted to the wielder) that weapon would appear OP but limit the percentage to the hammer and how those attributes are given out and not automatically handed to the wielder can work. Also an electro-stun ability would be a cool alternate feature, perhaps.

Chitown B

Hold on. While Sprinting we know our shields won't recharge but adding an overshield to a special version of the grav-hammer or damage boost (depending how much of overshield or damage boost is granted to the wielder) that weapon would appear OP but limit the percentage to the hammer and how those attributes are given out and not automatically handed to the wielder can work. Also an electro-stun ability would be a cool alternate feature, perhaps.

this sentence made my brain hurt.

Chitown B

Did that crash for you too? I JUST WANT TO PLAY A GAME, RUN AROUND, BE COMPETITIVE WITHOUT MOTION TRACKER FRANKIE. Halo is painfully defensive with it on.

Rage.

no, i want motion tracker on at all times. I hate not having it on. It's what makes strategy and well placed nades, instead of "I saw you first" COD(tm)

no, i want motion tracker on at all times. I hate not having it on. It's what makes strategy and well placed nades, instead of "I saw you first" COD(tm)

But it takes away the whole "spotting opponents" skill, dramatically slows down gameplay, and encourages camping. It also greatly reduces the ability of an individual to have an effect on the game.

So what ideas do you have for new and creative weapons in h5's mp?

Don't get me wrong, I'm feeling your ideas; having weapons (especially legendary weapons) give you a variety of passive bonuses sounds interesting. Maybe don't have the Fist of Rukt give an overshield (since that would be pretty OP), but having it decrease your shield regen or something could work.

But that sentence was a disaster.

Watched the latest Sprint Episode.

Could not believe someone tried saying 343's TVs were bad to cover up for him probably playing poorly at a new game lol.

Pretty douchey of him.

I feel bad for his injury but he's:

- clearly not saving money
- immature
- unaccountable

I get you're a Pro player, but you'd think, after all these years in the competitive circuit, he'd have a bit more decorum.

belushy

Banned
It sucks my laptop with Win 8 is acting up so I can't watch the Halo Channel, which means I can't watch the Sprint :(

Please add to youtube, Tashi or Frank

It sucks my laptop with Win 8 is acting up so I can't watch the Halo Channel, which means I can't watch the Sprint :(

Please add to youtube, Tashi or Frank

kinda surprised no one has uploaded them. Nightfall was up pretty fast each week, and that's a lot more high profile for them to get flagged.

Madness

I think flinch is something they can easily remove. We're a year out. They removed the ridiculous grenade shake from H2A like a month or two before launch.

Though if I'm not mistaken, isn't it only screen shake and not necessarily total flinch since the reticule doesn't move in H5?

Chitown B

But it takes away the whole "spotting opponents" skill, dramatically slows down gameplay, and encourages camping. It also greatly reduces the ability of an individual to have an effect on the game.

No, it doesn't. I highly disagree. It's part of the strategy. All of these H5 games have been very fast paced with little camping, and there is radar on all of them.

You might see a dot but you only know someone is in that general direction since they could move, or crouch, or drop or jump up. They can see you too so it's moot that it's some sort of detriment. It lets you plan your attack on them.

Tawpgun

Mix

GGs to Zoojoo and Speedy earlier this evening. Better GGs to Demon and Fracas later on as the night got better.

I loved this game, with a bit of tweaking here and there 343 has a great game on their hands. I look forward to the full beta and what else I can get my hands on before and then after launch.

Seriously, good job you guys.

Wow this game is great! I didn't come into the beta expecting to hate it or anything, but I didn't expect to like it this much either! I obviously would have preferred a game without sprint and even with sprint the base movement speed needs to be a bit faster but other than that I'm really loving Halo 5. If this is the direction that Halo's heading in then count me in. 343, you've done well.

IHaveIce

Banned
Awwwww yeah! Silver, baby! Woo! Carried the team 22-9, with some buy going AFK for the first half of the match.

Feels good.
I got Gold 2 and my girlfriend played one of the qualifier matches and went 2 -10 lol.

And I never had a game like you had, best was probably 18-8 or so.

H5 was fun. I really want to play objective games or Breakout in it.

Early access over. Sad poodle is sad.

Final weapon balance thoughts: drop the base range and the ADS range on the AR a smidge, up the Magnum range a tad as well as the clip size (15 rounds, maybe?), and leave everything else the way it is, at least for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom