• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People only want to sprint as reflex because they don't feel fast enough. Up base player speed and acceleration (for strafing, etc) and everybody wins. Leave sprint to the Speed Boost power up that falls on predictable rotations. Thrusters are there for if you need that extra burst of speed around a corner, etc.

Ragus

Banned
Does MMC still have problems with keeping your saves from campaigns? Or is not turing off your console still the best way to keep your progress.

Akai__

Does MMC still have problems with keeping your saves from campaigns? Or is not turing off your console still the best way to keep your progress.

Haven't had any issues and the people that reported those issues seem to go into instant on mode aka sleep mode with their Xbox One's. Just make sure you finish the mission or use save and quit, before you turn off your Xbox One.

Current maps are being replaced.

Disappointing. I wanted to test Truth with BR starts. Whatever. :/

Fuchsdh

I really like this game.

It's going to be hard going back to h2a after the beta.

Not a huge fan of how the pistol handles still, it is different than the BR, which I love. Also the scope on the pistol I feel is too obscuring, much more so than the BR.

So, remember that canned Neil Blomkamp Halo movie? This is a prophet from it (sorry if this is old news):

kZ4sBVk.jpg

"#halo #prophet over my desk from failed film"

OH. Also:

KLFo1az.jpg

#halo elite from 06 #weta

Yeah, whoever designed that Elite must have decided that they'd look better if you smashed their face into concrete first. Eww.

Still incredibly happy we didn't get Blomkamp's "everything's gritty! Gun POV shots!" Halo.

Man, the prophets / elites we got in the H2A Blur cutscenes are suuuuuch a better direction than those two that were posted for the Blomkamp movie.

Fuchsdh

It doesn't even have the damn four hinged jaws, aka the thing that makes them most recognizably an Elite.

It actually looks a lot more like the early Shi Kai Wang concepts for CE than anything that's shipped.

It doesn't even have the damn four hinged jaws, aka the thing that makes them most recognizably an Elite.

It actually looks a lot more like the early Shi Kai Wang concepts for CE than anything that's shipped.

I think it's like Zoidberg and the Cloverfield Monster had a baby, where it has two lower jaw-hinges (the "split-lip" thing) and then four or five weird tendril things resting above the jaw.

pieface

So I let my brother play on my account, he's a lot better than I am. I'm now ranked at Onyx 2... is that high?

I'm getting spanked in every game now.

Caja 117

The video just made me laugh with the background music, but yeah, I agree with what Josh said, this is no different than someone escaping in previous Halo, the guy in the vid was just bad, and he only made it worst where in some cases he just jumped from a power position to chase the kill. like Ram said, Ssprint is such a non issue in this game, and while I never liked sprint in Halo, it is here to stay, so how it is right now is perfect.

So far what I dont like:

-Flinch (which Mr Holmes already said they are going to work on it)
-Nade damage radius
*-Sniper scope animation
-Map brightness
*-Options for the player to turn off: Vibration, Spartan chatter (this one if Im playing with my whole teams I dont want the spartan callouts to be mixed with my team callout)
*-Groundpound, I don't think I have seen people use it effectively so, Im not sure if it should be there.

Half of those are nitpicks to be honest and it wouldnt bother me if they stay the same for release,

Now this is very important and hope 343 read this DONT CHANGE WEAPON DAMAGE, I feel like the balance of weapon is just in a perfect spot, and when flinch is gone, precision weapons will dominate more consistently.

Last game I played last night I went 17 and 6 with 9 assists. Had a teammate go 0-18.

0.....and 18.

Lost on Warlord 50-47

Teammate was 0-16 with four assists. Still trying to figure out what he was doing, he wasn't afk either. :|

I'm really tempted to go into theater mode and watch it.

Is time just dilating in the heat of battle or are there some serious frame rate drops when things get really busy? I feel like it drops to near 30fps sometimes. Definitely doesn't feel a smooth 60 like COD.

Mdot

Lost on Warlord 50-47

Teammate was 0-16 with four assists. Still trying to figure out what he was doing, he wasn't afk either. :|

I'm really tempted to go into theater mode and watch it.

For real. Same here. Is theater mode active in the Beta? I had no idea.

Computer

Worst defense of sprint I have ever read. I would love to see on Halo 3 video where someone has to chase a player around in circles and from one side of the map to the other before just completely giving up. If so it was very rare occurrence. Were in H5 it happens every game. The problem is the guy running from the shooter can run indefinitely. While the guy in chase has to stop sprinting in order to get shots on his back giving the guy that's is running away plenty of time to escape. If the shooter has to stop sprinting to shoot then the player getting shot should be slowed down or knocked out of sprint.

dwells

Is time just dilating in the heat of battle or are there some serious frame rate drops when things get really busy? I feel like it drops to near 30fps sometimes. Definitely doesn't feel a smooth 60 like COD.
Not just you, there's definitely some performance issues. They've got a ways to go in that department - resolution needs to go up, image quality needs cleaning up, and the frame rate needs stabilizing.

Hopefully that's something they can fix over the course of the year.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

Mdot

It isn't, I'm talking about MCC.
I'm a masochist!

However, that's Halo for you if you don't play with a group.

Ahh totally missed the Warlord part of your post.

And yea, I was running solo. Was having issues partying up so got in 2 quick matches.

I'm probably late to this but while messing around yesterday I found out you can use ground pound to jump from basement 1 door to blue/red 2 on Truth.

http://youtu.be/NyZ7UwQ4MXU

Ground Pound is the most superfluous of all the additions imo, I'd prefer crouch jumping to return but it does have a few cool uses.

Akai__

Breakout is pretty awesome.

The BR on Crossfire is maybe to easy to access on that tower and it gives people a high advantage. Needs either more BR's or a BR that isn't too easy to get. It feels like a power weapon. lol

TheOddOne

Played two matches, the overall weapon feedback was fine. Terrible teammates and AFK's ruined the matches though, so I stopped playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom