• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like most major shooters have JIP and Halos system of matches starting with 8 people and no joining is making more people quit.

Quitting has always been an issue in halo. Now it just seems worse

antigoon

Seems like most major shooters have JIP and Halos system of matches starting with 8 people and no joining is making more people quit.

I think if they add serious quitting penalties in the retail game that problem will go away for the most part.

And their isn't an anti-quitting system yet, win/loss doesn't count, placement match progress doesn't count, you lose bunch of rating points tho.

daedalius

BR spawns are great, I'm not constantly hunting for one off spawn every time.

Also, please add a Halo 5-ish playlist to MCC after the beta ends. H4, thrusters, BR starts, maybe tweak the weapons in the playlist so they are similar to H5?

That would be nice, and stave off the hunger, lol.

I think if they add serious quitting penalties in the retail game that problem will go away for the most part.
Just do it like league of legends. Make it so that when someone quits they can't search again until the game they left is over. Give the quitter the option to rejoin.

Either that or do it CSGO style and ban them from searching for 30 mins (or more if they quit frequently). That being said I remember people hating the quit ban in Reach and that was much more forgiving than the CSGO one.

VinFTW

Just do it like league of legends. Make it so that when someone quits they can't search again until the game they left is over. Give the quitter the option to rejoin.

Either that or do it CSGO style and ban them from searching for 30 mins (or more if they quit frequently). That being said I remember people hating the quit ban in Reach and that was much more forgiving than the CSGO one.

Wow, didn't know that. That's fucking awesome.

Def. agree and would LOVE to see that in Halo 5.

tootsi666

It's good if they hate the quit ban. Maybe they'll think before quitting next time.

Edit. CSGO style would be my choice. It's damn near perfect

Henery, I think they mean a hard reset, which is holding the power button on the console in until it shuts off.

That's what I thought as well. I tried that yesterday and no dice. The One's been turned off at the plug since then and I still can't gerbil to work.

My NAT's open and other games work so I'm not sure what to do.

Light Rifle is awesome. I think it's a 3sk unscoped too since I almost got a triple kill with 9 bullets, unless coincidentally the 3sk's I got were both weak slightly.

I loved using it so far, hopefully it stays that way.

Akai__

Streaming Breakout again, because that's the only mode I enjoy in this Beta:

twitch.tv/akai__

New nameplates?
GSLOdNP.png

Sorry teammates out there on the interbutts, I hope none of them were GAF members. ;) Last night I was tired as hell and my brain was fried and I just wanted to play some vidyagames so I opened Halo 5 Beta and played a few real shitty matches and I did not give a fuck about what I was doing. Normally I'm first on the team.

Quite a few matches were lost that night. RIP in peace our ranks.

Anyone see people using other weapons now that we start with BR's?

They need to make the Magnum stronger to be a 4 or 5sk instead of 6sk and increase its RRR, then AR/Magnum starts can remain.

EDIT: Found myself picking up the AR whenever I can. That must feel weird for some, eh? I like it though, the AR is finally a good weapon.

Initial reactions to week 2 content:

-LOVE the light rifle and its new 3sk alt fire

-Hydra is fun to use, something feels off about it though, maybe sound design related,but i feel like it doesn't feel like it packs a super strong punch

-BR STARTS ARE A GODSEND. SO GOOD.

-Not a fan of Regret,strangely, i feel like it's too busy, pathing wise.

- I actually kind of like Eden in spite of the spawns.
Don't kill me for having a different opinion

I dunno BR starts feel weird in this game to me...what about DMR+AR starts...lol thats a bad idea.

BTW the Light Rifle finally has its own feel and is not a shitty DMR clone

RowdyReverb

Anyone see people using other weapons now that we start with BR's?

They need to make the Magnum stronger to be a 4 or 5sk instead of 6sk and increase its RRR, then AR/Magnum starts can remain.

EDIT: Found myself picking up the AR whenever I can. That must feel weird for some, eh? I like it though, the AR is finally a good weapon.
I always pick up SMGs when I see them, but I don't go out of my way (partially because idk the spawns yet). If you get close in, your opponent doesn't stand a chance

I always pick up SMGs when I see them, but I don't go out of my way (partially because idk the spawns yet). If you get close in, your opponent doesn't stand a chance
I like the AR much more than the SMG actually, so I go for that instead. SMG feels good to use, but idk if it's as strong or as effective as the AR overall.

abadguy

Banned

This i like.

Breakout just doesn't seem to fit into Halo gameplay at all, at least swat carries over the emphasis for head shots that Halo already has. Breakout? Just seems like they want twitch shooter kill times. The map isn't that great either, I really like Truth, Regret, Empire and Eden though.

RowdyReverb

Something I've found to be helpful in Breakout- don't be afraid to just spray SMG fire at a corner to close a route, even from a distance. Suppressing fire is actually very effective with such little health and it's pretty much impossible to run out of ammo.

I like the AR much more than the SMG actually, so I go for that instead. SMG feels good to use, but idk if it's as strong or as effective as the AR overall.
I think the AR is better all around, but with BR/Pistol starts players are typically unprepared for CQB, so I take advantage of that by forcing them into close encounters where I have the advantage.

Ramirez

The end of this clip shows how easily Spartans are blending in with the background. I had NO idea that guy was there until he started shooting me. It's kind of easier to see him while watching it, but I know he's there before hand. When models are across the map on Regret, they basically fade into the shadows, the visual clarity is not good in this game. The crushed blacks only make it worse.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/5560af87-4f4d-4655-a69d-b806864c5acb

Bulltrue, biiiiitch.

http://xboxclips.com/TJ+Ram/9c01446b-95f1-452e-9660-1e12130ab2c9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom