• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impala26

I really feel ashamed for this thread on gaming side (also see my response here). The way people are treating contributing developers here lately is just an evidence of incapacity.

How can this thread stay open even after 7 pages? This is just unacceptable, I'm sorry. The only benefit this community has as a whole are contributing people from the business - and some people really try everything they can to hunt them away. Frankie and Co. even post here in their free time. I would totally understand if - at some point - they would just stop coming here at all.

Keep in mind, I say this independently from all the issues with TMCC. These are really terrible, too - but that doesn't matter in this case.

I'm Frankly surprised they haven't already...

Has anyone seen if fileshares work?

Seeing as customs are the way to go right now, it'd be useful if there was a linked fileshare with good gametypes.

Does anyone have recommendations for Halo CE settings? I played a custom yesterday using the default slayer gametype and didn't spawn with nades and the movement speed felt very slow.

Also, has anyone forged up an Octogon for Halo 3 or 2:Anniversary yet?

Ramirez

Did yall know Homeboyd's white??

ZiZm8Cc.gif

Akai__

Frankie are you guys adressing the crushed blacks issue in the MCC? What about brightness settings? Is this something you can patch in? Some levels are really really dark.

Is anyone here going to attempt to LASO all the campaigns? I'm interested in trying.

Yes, but probably in co-op 1st. Halo 1 and Halo 2 shouldn't be a problem, even alone.

In Halo 1 you have the unlimited ammo skull and in Halo 2 the Scarab gun skull. That should be really easy. Don't know about Halo 3 and Halo 4 yet, but I'll try.

Omni

Is anyone here going to attempt to LASO all the campaigns? I'm interested in trying.

Nope. I honestly had a rough time on heroic in Halo 2. It got better as I played and got used to the game again... but even at my best, Legendary isn't a cakewalk. Let alone with skulls.

I'm just going through all of them on heroic at the moment

CliQ

So the MCC Throwdown is still on for Saturday but I fully expect issues with getting 16 people in a custom game. We'll see...

The Flash

Banned
Once I get my copy tomorrow, and go through each campaign on normal just to relive it all, that's the plan.

Would like to with a friend in co-op - but we can't end a single mission because of disconnects -.-'

Yes, but probably in co-op 1st. Halo 1 and Halo 2 shouldn't be a problem, even alone.

In Halo 1 you have the unlimited ammo skull and in Halo 2 the Scarab gun skull. That should be really easy. Don't know about Halo 3 and Halo 4 yet, but I'll try.

Well, if the stars align and the servers shine bright, I would like to coop them with you fine gentlemen.

Fuchsdh

FIRST PAGE (glorious 150pp master race)

That "Crystal" thread on the Gaming Side is a new low even for this hellhole.

Forget it, Stinkles. It's NeoGAF.

Having played through most of the H2A campaign, I think it's safe to say that the work Saber did on the Forerunner structures might be my favorite style I've seen in any of the games. It heavily borrows from the cleaner look Halo 4 introduced, but it retains the stenciled repeating patterns and a little more of the boxy Forerunner aesthetic. Looks really nice, and I think nicely bridges the old and new, where CEA would sometimes push it too far.

Also, the H2A Elite designs are probably my favorite after the OG Halo 2 Elites, so taking inspiration from these guys for a faction of H5 Elites sounds good to me :)

Frankie are you guys adressing the crushed blacks issue in the MCC? What about brightness settings? Is this something you can patch in? Some levels are really really dark.

Problem is, if you're going for those achievements, Scarab gun nullifies achievements.

Definitely going to need to go into a lobby for those, just to see what Halo 2 skulls count as LASO. Because you can do the camo glitch with Envy, but then there's the Armory skull that essentially makes camo useless...

Impala26

So, with these skulls on, that still counts for completion, it just isn't scored is that right?

(I feel like this was covered on HaloGAF before, but I wasn't following it that closely)

Booshka

Seeing as customs are the way to go right now, it'd be useful if there was a linked fileshare with good gametypes.

Does anyone have recommendations for Halo CE settings? I played a custom yesterday using the default slayer gametype and didn't spawn with nades and the movement speed felt very slow.

Not sure if Halo CE on MCC has Generic Weapon set, but that's the way to get AR/Pistol starts in OG Halo CE. There are some settings to make the leader in a game move slower in a game, and the losers to move faster, speed handicaps essentially. You got to turn all that shit off, most things you just want to say No to, there are a lot of things like that with Respawns, move speed, etc.

They work but only in game and there's no file browser. So you basically have to have the person either in your lobby or on your friends list.

Halo MCC is great when it works, so hopefully the patches get things running smooth.

Halo 2 Anniversary SP is pretty cool. I can't help but feel like it's art feels like Halo 3, with a better poly count and more scenery detail. It's got a cool look most of the time.

Nightfall is good so far. That review site that trashed it is a joke.

Halo 5: I was too caught up in the MCC launch fun to follow everything. Any good links to screens, summaries and videos?

RowdyReverb

FIRST PAGE (glorious 150pp master race)

That "Crystal" thread on the Gaming Side is a new low even for this hellhole.

I have a question- is the team aware of the host boot ability bug/exploit in H2A? I figured that if they were aware of it, it wouldn't be listed on the "Known Issues" to avoid drawing attention to it and teaching more people about it. I'm even a bit loathe to mention it for the same reason, but I want to make sure it's on the to do list

Homeboyd

I have a question- is the team aware of the host boot ability bug/exploit in H2A? I figured that if they were aware of it, it wouldn't be listed on the "Known Issues" to avoid drawing attention to it and teaching more people about it. I'm even a bit loathe to mention it for the same reason, but I want to make sure it's on the to do list
Is that still working? It worked in the first few games I played early yesterday but seemed to be fixed later last night. Never saw the option again.

IHaveIce

Banned

Don't underestimate the scarab gun skull. You will kill yourself most of the time.

Happened at least for me and elzar

RowdyReverb

Is that still working? It worked in the first few games I played early yesterday but seemed to be fixed later last night. Never saw the option again.

I haven't checked since yesterday. Glad to hear it has been fixed already. I was worried about that one

Not sure if Halo CE on MCC has Generic Weapon set, but that's the way to get AR/Pistol starts in OG Halo CE. There are some settings to make the leader in a game move slower in a game, and the losers to move faster, speed handicaps essentially. You got to turn all that shit off, most things you just want to say No to, there are a lot of things like that with Respawns, move speed, etc.

Yeah that was another weird setting, we were spawning with pistols only, no AR. Thanks

They work but only in game and there's no file browser. So you basically have to have the person either in your lobby or on your friends list.

Halo 4 launch all over again

matthieuC

Started forging last night. The pallet is really great, and I think maps are going to look very cohesive. Reminds me of the sandbox days.

Akai__

Well, if the stars align and the servers shine bright, I would like to coop them with you fine gentlemen.

Sure. What's your GT?

Problem is, if you're going for those achievements, Scarab gun nullifies achievements.

Are you sure? What's the point of them saying Legendary All Skulls On, if that's not the case?

So, with these skulls on, that still counts for completion, it just isn't scored is that right?

I'm confused now.

(I feel like this was covered on HaloGAF before, but I wasn't following it that closely)

Are those two skulls active in the LASO playlist?

Not sure. Didn't know there is a playlist for LASO.

Don't underestimate the scarab gun skull. You will kill yourself most of the time.

Happened at least for me and elzar

Yeah, I know. :D

Fuchsdh

Sure. What's your GT?

Are you sure? What's the point of them saying Legendary All Skulls On, if that's not the case?

Not sure. Didn't know there is a playlist for LASO.

Yeah, I know. :D

They added a bunch of skulls, but for LASO purposes it's only counting more "traditional" difficulty skulls. That's different for Halo 1 and Halo 2 than the "canonized" Halo 3 and 4 options. This is the list according to Waypoint forums:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ts/f3f8fb81-9699-4858-b78a-4667a9deb9ce/posts

Halo CE: Anniversary
Black Eye, Boom, Fog, Eye Patch, Foreign, Famine, Malfunction, Recession
Halo 2: Anniversary
Anger, Assassins, Black Eye, Blind, Boom, Catch, Fog, Eye Patch, Famine, Iron, Jacked, Malfunction, Masterblaster, Mythic, Recession, SO…ANGRY…, Streaking, That’s Just…Wrong, They Come Back, Thunderstorm
Halo 3
Black Eye, Blind, Catch, Cowbell, Famine, Fog, Grunt Birthday Party, Iron, IWHBYD, Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, Tough Luck
Halo 4
Black Eye, Blind, Catch, Fog, Cowbell, Famine, Iron, Mythic, Thunderstorm, Tilt, Tough Luck

H1 and H2 LASO are going to be brutal, with lack of auto aim especially. Interestingly, though, CEA doesn't require Iron?

Tawpgun

You just gotta lead shots a little. It's like a less server version of Halo PC.

Once you get a feel for how much you have to lead shots it becomes easier.

nillapuddin

New OT is good, and it's a Plywood OT.

We back.

Wall of Shame from the last OT:

Damn, I didn't make wall of shame

I bring dishonor to my keep.

This will make up for it, candid shot of me "playing" MCC at about 7 AM this morning. Credit to my girlfriend on her way to work.

Jokes on her, when I did wake up I just kept forgoing right where I left off til I left for work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom