• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
Agreed. Make the TTK just a smidge higher, and I think we're good.

Also, does anyone know whether or not they plan to make any adjustments during the 3 weeks? I think that might be the best option, let people react to the changes.

It would be pretty cool if they had a second beta a little closer to launch

AR being strong isn't a problem, it's that it's really easy to use.

Well, aiming as a whole has gotten more difficult, so automatic weapons are getting a default (comparative) buff from that. Couple it with the short TTK, and you've got a gun that's frankly seems kind of OP.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
When I watched the b-roll footage that Cyren posted yesterday, the thing that became a near-immeidate annoyance was the extraneous audio from Spartans. Why is it even there; is it supposed to help me if I'm going into matchmaking solo?
Some of it is cool. It functions as an automatic call out, which not only helps when you're teamed with people who don't use call outs, but also helps those people learn call outs. But yeah, there are some pretty pointless ones. Those ones just feel like noise spam.

Really like the BR/DMR combo, glad that happened.

Seems like the best way to handle sprint if it MUST be in the game. Do shields also deplete during an extended sprint, or do they just not recharge under fire?

Really like the BR/DMR combo, glad that happened.

Seems like the best way to handle sprint if it MUST be in the game. Do shields also deplete during an extended sprint, or do they just not recharge under fire?

Seems that they just don't recharge at all. Definitely better than before, but I think I'd prefer it if they drained.

Got home, turned on Xbox, go to halo, pick team slayer playlist. Timed it, took 4 minutes and 38 seconds to get to map selection screen. 3 on 3 in 4v4 playlist. Four votes for wizard remake in H2A, wins. Ivory tower SMG starts for some reason. guy on my team is a guest, in a ranked playlist, for a guy on the opposite team. Play for about 8 minutes, screen goes black for ten seconds, come back and game is over opposite team booted out. Loading screen, and then kicked out to main menu.

I turn the xbone off, put the controller down, and think about the investment I made on this product

Some of it is cool. It functions as an automatic call out, which not only helps when you're teamed with people who don't use call outs, but also helps those people learn call outs. But yeah, there are some pretty pointless ones. Those ones just feel like noise spam.
Ah, so it's more like the UT3 dialog with the bots. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

The latter.

Seems that they just don't recharge at all. Definitely better than before, but I think I'd prefer it if they drained.
I think I would too, it would make sprint less of go to escape plan. I'm glad they came up with what looks like a decent solution, though.

belushy

Banned
Honestly, with how good the pistol looks in most of these videos, if I were 343 I would just do pistol starts with 1 DMR per side and enough BRs scattered around the map for everyone in strategic positions.

Or at least do pistol starts in Breakout.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Got home, turned on Xbox, go to halo, pick team slayer playlist. Timed it, took 4 minutes and 38 seconds to get to map selection screen. 3 on 3 in 4v4 playlist. Four votes for wizard remake in H2A, wins. Ivory tower SMG starts for some reason. guy on my team is a guest, in a ranked playlist, for a guy on the opposite team. Play for about 8 minutes, screen goes black for ten seconds, come back and game is over opposite team booted out. Loading screen, and then kicked out to main menu.

I turn the xbone off, put the controller down, and think about the investment I made on this product

Buy Sunset Overdrive. It'll make you feel a little better. And it's not a bug-riddled mess of a game.

Homeboyd

What conclusion did you come to?

Despite the issues with this launch, I haven't had as much fun laughing and enjoying such amazing gameplay as I have with this collection in quite a while.

Thanks for CE guys.

Buy Sunset Overdrive. It'll make you feel a little better. And it's not a bug-riddled mess of a game.

Or killer instinct.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm probably going to contact support and ask for a refund if things aren't sorted out by Friday. I get that this is a big project, and 343 is probably trying their best...but it's not worth the frustration. I really don't see this game being somewhat fixed until mid next month, especially looking at how 343 handled Halo 4.

Onikaan

Or killer instinct.

I hate to be that guy, but I'm probably going to contact support and ask for a refund if things aren't sorted out by Friday. I get that this is a big project, and 343 is probably trying their best...but it's not worth the frustration. I really don't see this game being somewhat fixed until mid next month, especially looking at how 343 handled Halo 4.

Yeah, I may consider doing the same. Which makes me feel ill just saying it, ask for a refund for a Halo game? But money is tight and I'd like to try Dragon Age:Inquisition and at the moment this isn't entertainment, it's pure frustration.

Booshka

Shields should drain just a bit if you use thrusters.

Ya I've suggested this among other HaloGAF peeps, that's how Wired Reflexes works in Shadowrun, you get a boost of speed in any direction, it boosts your jump as well. But you take a small Health loss when you do it. If they did make it penalize your shield, then I think that your gun shouldn't be disabled when you do it.

TTUVAPOR

Banned

Watched it on my phone, muted. Looks fun, the ads stuff is simply reg zoom, just cosmetically differe t, doesnt bother me one bit. The thrusts are neat, itll be fun to juke people out, better than strafing because imo, strafing gets somewhat boring after a while imo, this will add good mixups, kinda like dashing fwd and backstep in fighting games.

The dude playing tho has an ar obsession and hes too groounded, would have loved to see more vertical play, there are so many height advantage opportunities he doesnt use on the map.

One thi g that i still dont see yet is the classic halo formula, which is timed power ups and timed weapons... Where are they? If theyre not in the game, then whats the point?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ya I've suggested this among other HaloGAF peeps, that's how Wired Reflexes works in Shadowrun, you get a boost of speed in any direction, it boosts your jump as well. But you take a small Health loss when you do it. If they did make it penalize your shield, then I think that your gun shouldn't be disabled when you do it.

This is a good idea, but at least resetting/stopping recharge is a step in the right direction.

I wonder if stopping power is in? I still don't like that the sword gets a speed and lunge boost. That's idiotic.

What conclusion did you come to?
Still weighing options. Im thinking about realstically unlikely 343 can fix the incredible amount of problems this game currently has by this weekend. I'm thinking how viable a digital refund would be if I complain how busted this product is. I'm thinking about that 30 day return policy on this Xbox is still valid. I'm thinking about Mario kart 8 DLC this weekend and how functional its online is with no subscription fees. I'm thinking how good putting $400 back in my pocket would feel.

Lot of thoughts

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
One thi g that i still dont see yet is the classic halo formula, which is timed power ups and timed weapons... Where are they? If theyre not in the game, then whats the point?

Not sure about powerups, but weapons on map are timed, and placed in the same locations each time (AFAIK). So there still is the elements of map control.

This is just fucking beautiful. I'm feeling your pain, but I just can't stop laughing.

It's just like, none of that would ever happen in my wildest dreams Yet it do.

Ah. Hmm. I am glad I waited / am waiting.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Not sure about powerups, but weapons on map are timed, and placed in the same locations each time (AFAIK). So there still is the elements of map control.

I really wluld love to see os and camo back on all maps, timed every one to two mins, buttk has to be fast. Id also love to see some quake style powerups like haste (move faster for a timed amou t), regeneration (regen health, tho this might not work in halo, since you auto regen), quad dmg (iffy but would be fun to test).

Of course these would be timed powerups on the maps.

There just doesnt seem to be enough of the original halo formula which was all about item and map control. Seems like thats been dropped from the games since reach.

Yep, I bought an XO for this shit. I know it's only the first few days, but this is beyond broken, and I'd be surprised if they can fix the majority of the issues soon.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Still weighing options. Im thinking about realstically unlikely 343 can fix the incredible amount of problems this game currently has by this weekend. I'm thinking how viable a digital refund would be if I complain how busted this product is. I'm thinking about that 30 day return policy on this Xbox is still valid. I'm thinking about Mario kart 8 DLC this weekend and how functional its online is with no subscription fees. I'm thinking how good putting $400 back in my pocket would feel.

Lot of thoughts

Honestly if I was in your position I'd return everything.

Matchmaking might be functional within the week, but all the other countless bugs are gonna take a while to fix.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I hope there's an option to turn off the Spartan chatter, it's really unnecessary and unwanted imo.

Reminds me of the chatter in cod games, "they got b, no wait, now we have b, they got a, we lost a, we got a, were dominating, we lost b, they got c, were being dominated...." so much obvious cod copycatting in halo 5, no amount of denial can hide the resemblance.

Ultimate question is why do 343 find it necessary to have that crap in halo?

Are they being forced by msft execs??

Reminds me of the chatter in cod games, "they got b, no wait, now we have b, they got a, we lost a, we got a, were dominating, we lost b, they got c, were being dominated...." so much obvious cod copycatting in halo 5, no amount of denial can hide the resemblance.

I think it'd be useful for new players. Having stuff like callouts and weapon spawns be automated strikes me as a good learning tool. So long as we can turn it off, I don't mind.

Played a full game of TS on Anni Lockout and a full FFA on the same map. TS went down to the wire but I lost. FFA finished

Me: 25
Other guy: 24

Was pretty amazing. Connection felt great, no hiccups.

However, went into BTB, it locked a game at 5v5, gave the option of only team slayer on halo 4, halo 4 again and h2 anni. H2 was picked and it was an

SMG
START
IN
BTB

Oh, also, there's the same shit from Halo 4 where you can't move your spartan and check the scoreboard at the same time.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
Played a full game of TS on Anni Lockout and a full FFA on the same map. TS went down to the wire but I lost. FFA finished

Me: 25

Was pretty amazing. Connection felt great, no hiccups.

However, went into BTB, it locked a game at 5v5, gave the option of only team slayer on halo 4, halo 4 again and h2 anni. H2 was picked and it was an

SMG
START
IN
BTB

Oh, also, there's the same shit from Halo 4 where you can't move your spartan and check the scoreboard at the same time.

Smgs starts need to be completely removed.

belushy

Banned

I can see it being annoying, but I think it would be helpful if you are in a game with randoms who don't have mics (which happens a lot these days.) I would definitely want a option to turn it off, and that the useless dialogue (like "good kill") was removed, but I don't see basic callouts hurting that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom