• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akai__

These connection issues are annoying. Let me play the campaign with my friend please. :(

They added a bunch of skulls, but for LASO purposes it's only counting more "traditional" difficulty skulls. That's different for Halo 1 and Halo 2 than the "canonized" Halo 3 and 4 options. This is the list according to Waypoint forums:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ts/f3f8fb81-9699-4858-b78a-4667a9deb9ce/posts

H1 and H2 LASO are going to be brutal, with lack of auto aim especially. Interestingly, though, CEA doesn't require Iron?

Wow. Seems like LASO has to wait.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Did yall know Homeboyd's white??

ZiZm8Cc.gif
I don't know why but I cackled.

Fuchsdh

Damn, I didn't make wall of shame

I bring dishonor to my keep.

This will make up for it, candid shot of me "playing" MCC at about 7 AM this morning. Credit to my girlfriend on her way to work.

Jokes on her, when I did wake up I just kept forgoing right where I left off til I left for work

Where's my AstroTurf remake bro?

Glad to see that there's a plain flat grass piece in Forge, although I wish there were different sides to it. That, and the fact that there aren't more regular sides to the natural pieces for when you want to do "natural" but more regular elements.

You know I would have been seriously up for trying LASO even if I suck if Blind wasn't one of the required ones, cant stand that skull

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I went back and edited my comment to just straight up say "I was lucky" lol

Remember launch day of the Halo 3 beta (the real reason everyone bought Crackdown)? I still think that day was worse.

No, this is worse, this is worse than even the gears 2 launch and it's literally the worst launch I can remember in my 34 years on this planet.

dwells

The picture I saw of a mocked-up Master Chief Collection JIRA inspired me to make an actual bug tracker to help organize everything that's going on and to make sure all the issues can be documented.

https://www.hostedredmine.com/projects/halo-mcc

Everyone is welcome to help populate the site with content, please be mature and properly document the issues.

VinFTW

So did they put out an update already today?

I'm also hearing another one is coming at 1EST?

Where can I find all this information

im so lost

Onikaan

Oh my...

Right. Got into a game. Halo 2 Classic, 3v3 though, finally? Lagging like hell. Clipped through a wall, and then spawned and couldn't move my character, had to kill myself. I played Halo 2 for years finding glitches. Never ever seen anything like that.

Then the Game Over appears 10 minutes early of the timer and before either team has actually won in kill points. Then as it exits the lobby the game crashes and kicks me to the X1 dashboard.

I don't know what to think.

Oh my...

Right. Got into a game. Halo 2 Classic, 3v3 though, finally? Lagging like hell. Clipped through a wall, and then spawned and couldn't move my character, had to kill myself. I played Halo 2 for years finding glitches. Never ever seen anything like that.

Then the Game Over appears 10 minutes early of the timer and before either team has actually won in kill points. Then as it exits the lobby the game crashes and kicks me to the X1 dashboard.

Only on Xbox One.

RowdyReverb

Oh my...

Sounds like you just passed into the twilight zone. Did you at least win the match?

nillapuddin

Where's my AstroTurf remake bro?

I keep falling asleep, lol! I'm struggling thematically with the map. I really wish the "flat" terrain was.. More flat. I want to use that for the floor, but there are so many height deviations. I don't want to go too "hilly" and loose the fairness/predictability of a level walking path.

Glad to see that there's a plain flat grass piece in Forge, although I wish there were different sides to it. That, and the fact that there aren't more regular sides to the natural pieces for when you want to do "natural" but more regular elements.

It is nice, I also wished it had a different textured backside. Even flat gravel/dirt would have been nice.

Honestly, I have reduced Turf down to its most basic level with just simple geometry to the point where its so simplistic is silly. Hopefully I will have a stroke or artistic genius and practice my master decorator skills.

I miss AstroTurf, alot. That was a great aesthetic.

Onikaan

Sounds like you just passed into the twilight zone. Did you at least win the match?

I guess? The end game lobby doesn't actually tell you who won the match lol!

Played another game there. 3v2 Slayer on Elongation. Ended at 20 kills to the other team. Huh?

Going to break until the other update it out.

Onikaan

How is the collection more specifically the multiplayer?

Allow me to quote myself.

Oh my...

Sorry for double.

RowdyReverb

How is the collection more specifically the multiplayer?

The games themselves are great. 1080p60 does wonders for Halo multiplayer. Getting into an even match with friends or strangers alike, however, is difficult, but is apparently improving. CE multiplayer is a bit janky though. It's clear why they postponed the CE playlist. Also, there are apparently bugs in multiplayer matches, but I have yet to encounter any aside from the post-game loading screen lock up. I'm optimistic though that these issues will be sorted out quickly, especially given Microsoft's strong backing and marketing of the game.

wwm0nkey

AR could stand to be toned down a bit, but frankly it was always way, way too weak in past games. It's looking like they might have overcorrected, though.

It'll probably be nerfed in the beta. Doesn't need a huge nerf though, just a little adjustment on the damage values.

When I watched the b-roll footage that Cyren posted yesterday, the thing that became a near-immeidate annoyance was the extraneous audio from Spartans. Why is it even there; is it supposed to help me if I'm going into matchmaking solo?

Aside from that, I liked what I saw for the most part.
- Ground Pound seems like the most likely culprit to hate during the beta, wouldn't be sad to see it go.
- Smart Scope seems...eh. Don't like the ADS look on the rifles at all, but the pistol and AR look kind of cool. Overall it just seems like excessive stuff on the screen that isn't really needed. I'd much rather go back to the full-screen scope in, but I know that appealing to the CoD popularity.
- Vaulting/Clamoring seems an interesting addition. Not sure what else to say until I see more people using it.
- I like sliding in Destiny, seems like a decent addition.
- Overall, I like that EVERYONE has the same abilities. That solves most of the issues I had with H4, and I do understand that the game does need to have some evolution to the gameplay at some point.

It'll probably be nerfed in the beta. Doesn't need a huge nerf though, just a little adjustment on the damage values.

Agreed. Make the TTK just a smidge higher, and I think we're good.

Also, does anyone know whether or not they plan to make any adjustments during the 3 weeks? I think that might be the best option, let people react to the changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom