• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo so because of this shitty patch i had to restart Gravemind. Just found the anger skull, am I too high or have skulls always been like a 3rd weapon? I can't drop it and now I have carbine/fuelrod/skull. Throwing grenades looks weird, just flies outta the skull

RSB

Banned
Is it just me, or are the medals not working in Halo CE anymore? I checked and the option is still active, but they just don't appear.

Also, the banshees don't give you points anymore for some reason...

Seriously, wasn't this patch supposed to fix stuff, instead of breaking more things?

Halo night recap

• The patch definitely did something
  • The patch OH GOD WHY IS IT STILL LOADING MATCHMAKING DATA
  • 3 < CE. This is my informed opinion now
  • Cross-country H2 matches aren't terrible but aren't great, either

JDHarbs

Seriously, wasn't this patch supposed to fix stuff, instead of breaking more things?
tumblr_n3w6wdOfl01t0xz7jo1_250.gif

tumblr_n3w6wdOfl01t0xz7jo3_250.gif
tumblr_n3w6wdOfl01t0xz7jo3_250.gif

Booshka

Is it just me, or are the medals not working in Halo CE anymore? I checked and the option is still active, but they just don't appear.

Also, the banshees don't give you points anymore for some reason...

Pretty much every fix reintroduces new problems, but, like the state of this game, the new problems are unacceptable. Game should have been delayed 3-6 months at least.

Magni

Finally managed to get in some games.

It's fun when it finally works. I wonder how many have given up on this game, could be why search times are slower than they should be for a Halo launch.

Also, what's up with almost always getting 3/3 SMG-start options in the H2C playlist? Did 343 not learn anything from the 2004 launch?

RSB

Banned
Pretty much every fix reintroduces new problems, but, like the state of this game, the new problems are unacceptable. Game should have been delayed 3-6 months at least.
Definetly.

Good thing I have many games to play right now, otherwise I'd be so angry with this situation...

Literally nothing got fixed. Finally got the matchmaking data, search for like 15 minutes, no game. Parties STILL GET SPLIT when you back out of matchmaking.

"Improved roster / matchmaking lobby stability"

NOPE

"Made an update to ensure that parties stick together"

NOPE

This is just a fucking joke. I don't even feel sorry for them anymore at this point.

After playing a few hours post patch I have to say this is a definite improvement. It's not perfect though. There are still a few times when I fail to find a match, sometimes the teams are unbalanced, and sometimes finding a match can still take a while, but those situations have been so few and far between that I only find myself complaining about them because I know that they were issues pre-patch. The fact of the matter is since this patch downloaded I've played more H2A matches than I have in the entire last week. And, most importantly, every single one of those matches has had great connections with virtually no lag

Obviously there are still improvements that need to be made, but from my experinced this is a great first step

Omni

It's currently 1v5 in this game I'm playing
It's 2014
It's Halo 4
And people are spawn camping and holding the objective

Gotta boost that K/D I guess

Fracas

#fuckonami
Yeah time to put the ole Xboxerino back in the box. Too many great games to wait around for this to be functional. I'll be there soon as it's working, though.

I am getting the feeling that this game never shipped complete. In other words that 15gb patch was just to get things to an acceptable level of working and key pieces were left out. These incremental patches are putting those pieces back in except what launched was so broken the patches are not working.

343 needs to be refocused. Halo 4 should have never launched like that and they are taking huge risks going with another lead and so many antil Halo changes in H5. Not to mention, we really arent going to know all the bullshit they plan to put in H5 until it launches. They have a history of hiding shit they know will be unpopular.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I am getting the feeling that this game never shipped complete. In other words that 15gb patch was just to get things to an acceptable level of working and key pieces were left out. These incremental patches are putting those pieces back in except what launched was so broken the patches are not working.

343 needs to be refocused. Halo 4 should have never launched like that and they are taking huge risks going with another lead and so many antil Halo changes in H5. Not to mention, we really arent going to know all the bullshit they plan to put in H5 until it launches. They have a history of hiding shit they know will be unpopular.

lol

To be fair, it's something for some people, nothing to others.

Things are very inconsistent.

Yea aside from the period where the thing did the downloading latest matchmaking update for a while, I have been able to consistently get into games and they were mostly lag free. Still broken if so many people are having problems though.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
1.4GB of Elmer's paste.

i honestly haven't tried MM, so I'm just being an asshole

Call me crazy, but a buddy of mine told me to start snapping my friends list before searching and um it's been working for me so far. Gotten games pretty consistently within a couple of minutes max over the past few days when I was never getting them before.

this is completely true. before i have been ducking into halo channel to watch a terminal at each MM search, every time the terminal ends i jump into mcc and the game is already happening. this was yesterday though. havent tried it at all today. did it 8 times before so idk. somehow using an app on the side helps.

Madness

What do you know if you are 343/ms, how do you convince so many displeased fans after this?

Nothing you really can do. Seems like this is another weekend gone. Most have moved on. Even Halo fans are not playing. I would imagine this coming week is when the holdouts probably start looking at trade ins and those who don't want refunds/trade ins will probably put away their disc, maybe pick up in time for beta or when it's all fixed.

Omni

Well the "downloading latest matchmaking data" popup has gone. But now I still can't find any matches. I mean I'm not seeing any improvement at all. And the roster is still buggy.

It's sad that I have two people on my friends list playing Halo now. Most have gone back to Destiny

argh, they removed hit detection from CE. I liked that alot.

I'm gonna say they listened to a vocal faction of people who saw streams and complained a lot about it without actually playing it and realized you kind of need that noise to be able to correctly tell if you are actually hitting the enemy in CE PC/Xbone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom