• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

^ *adds to Avoid List*

Has it been explained why Halo 1-3 are 5v5? What ever happened to good old 4v4?

edit: a 4v3 earlier, now a 5v4. How hard is it?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
And who votes for Halo 4 over any other game?
I'd vote for it over CE and Halo 3 depending on the map / gametype.

[*]BR looks like it fires just like the DMR; they should be differentiated.
Yeah, I'm still confused by this. Is the BR not burst fire anymore?

Has it been explained why Halo 1-3 are 5v5? What ever happened to good old 4v4?
I'm pretty sure it's not intentional. Yet another bug.

Random17

What makes it worse is that BF4 was still playable at launch. 64 player matches were plagued with rubber banding and hit detection issues... but you could still play.

The fact that we can't even get just 8 players into a single game without issues is just pathetic.
I remember getting 100 hours on that game in two weeks, yes.

Then the Commander EMP update made the screen blurry when over a flag. Haven't played the game since. I've never put down a game like that so quickly.

Omni

Alright. Gonna see if this patch made any difference to me

before the update I couldn't get any games whatsoever. I hope it's at least a bit better...

Alright. Gonna see if this patch made any difference to me

before the update I couldn't get any games whatsoever. I hope it's at least a bit better...

You are now my yardstick as I'm working, I'm waiting to see your how Aussie/Tassie based results are mate...I so want to play some quality dedi based Halo games tonight.

Magni

I'm pretty sure it's not intentional. Yet another bug.

I thought 343i was a team of solid engineers... do they not practice any sort of TDD, never mind QA?

Bungie disappointed me with the launch of Halo 3 in that it took them forever to acknowledge that AR starts were dumb, but at least the game was perfectly functional.

I'm not even mad anymore, just sad :(

edit: LOL now I'm stuck in the postgame carnage report. Have to force quit. What the fuck?

Also in my last game I ended up falling through HEH, don't remember ever having that happen to me in CE

anyone else getting "Downloading the latest matchmaking data. Please wait."

i have hard reset my console and the game so many times but i keep getting that when i try to click "find game"

-.-

anyone else getting "Downloading the latest matchmaking data. Please wait.

i have hard reset my console and the game so many times but i keep getting that when i try to click "find game"

-.-

For me it eventually went away. It might be downloading something but not tell you about progress at all. Leave it for a while and then back out and see what happens.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
edit: a 4v3 earlier, now a 5v4. How hard is it?
Apparently pretty hard, because despite 343 being professionals and working their asses off to reverse this disaster, things are still broke.

This really is so disappointing though. I hope this doesn't tarnish the long term health of the MCC and the Halo brand too much.

Caja 117

anyone else getting "Downloading the latest matchmaking data. Please wait.

-.-
Im like that too, welp....Ill just say i woudnt want to be a 343 employee right now.

Omni

You are now my yardstick as I'm working, I'm waiting to see your how Aussie/Tassie based results are mate...I so want to play some quality dedi based Halo games tonight.

Well it doesn't even look like I can get into the matchmaking menu, haha. It's just "downloading latest matchmaking data"

Hopefully that's just server stress that will pass and not a bigger issue with the patch itself

Good games Munish and Co.

Got into a bunch of games...only one of them was with even teams AND without a split party. Some more of that nostalgic 6v5 on a 4v4 map gameplay that I remember so well from no other Halo game ever.

Someday...

what will be saved first, Halo or Anime
What if I told you, "Halo Anime"? Impossible, I know.

Booshka, aka the real Prophet of Truth
More like The Prophet of Regret.

Had a friend come over with his disk since I refunded. Sat through the update.

Still totally broken. It's over for this game. They can't recover from this now. The only thing I could see is a free map pack to bring people back. Even the die hards are sick of wasting time with this,

Madness

This game launch should definitely have been delayed. How Ntkrnl said almost 11 months before launch, and with all the myriad of problems that were creeping up, not getting ranks working, dedicated CE playlist that they stuck with November 11th launch speaks volumes. All of us would rather have had a delayed game but one that works day one, rather than have this, where people are trading in left and right, asking for refunds, no one is playing, twitch streams all but dead etc.

Had a friend come over with his disk since I refunded. Sat through the update.

Still totally broken. It's over for this game. They can't recover from this now. The only thing I could see is a free map pack to bring people back. Even the die hards are sick of wasting time with this,

Black Friday and Christmas/Holidays

Omni

Well I've waited 20 minutes. Not going to sit here all day hoping this starts working

Might as well play some BF4. The final map pack was released a couple of days ago and I haven't tried that out yet

E92 M3

I thought 343i was a team of solid engineers... do they not practice any sort of TDD, never mind QA?

Bungie disappointed me with the launch of Halo 3 in that it took them forever to acknowledge that AR starts were dumb, but at least the game was perfectly functional.

I'm not even mad anymore, just sad :(

edit: LOL now I'm stuck in the postgame carnage report. Have to force quit. What the fuck?

Also in my last game I ended up falling through HEH, don't remember ever having that happen to me in CE

Game was outsourced like crazy. 343 is mostly working on Halo 5. It's unfortunate though that the common public will blame everything on 343.

JDHarbs

Call me crazy, but a buddy of mine told me to start snapping my friends list before searching and um it's been working for me so far. Gotten games pretty consistently within a couple of minutes max over the past few days when I was never getting them before.

Call me crazy, but a buddy of mine told me to start snapping my friends list before searching and um it's been working for me so far. Gotten games pretty consistently within a couple of minutes max over the past few days when I was never getting them before.

Placebo.

So,it seems that you can select the Halo 5 beta from the extras menu now, it takes you to the Halo Channel, plays the last H2A cutscene, then takes you to the Store, and says the content wasn't available.

So,it seems that you can select the Halo 5 beta from the extras menu now, it takes you to the Halo Channel, plays the last H2A cutscene, then takes you to the Store, and says the content wasn't available.

Why is Locke using the old BR in that cutscene?

Almost as dumb as this:
FvQtneQ.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
sounds like a bug

imagine that

Why is Locke using the old BR in that cutscene?

Almost as dumb as this:
FvQtneQ.gif
I would never have noticed that if you nerds hadn't pointed it out. THANKS 343

Magni

Game was outsourced like crazy. 343 is mostly working on Halo 5. It's unfortunate though that the common public will blame everything on 343.

What about the producers, were they also outsourced? How did this game go out in the state that it did?

And how did this patch make things even worse??

After being able to get into two games (both with uneven teams naturally), I had the game break in me in the post game carnage report, and since then (over half an hour) "Downloading latest data"

How does this happen?? I'm a software engineer, I've shipped bugs to production that I've frantically had to fix, but nothing on this scale of sheer incompetence. This is heartbreaking :(

Edit: And just like that, I finally get past the downloading screen. Now, to find a game...

Really?????????????

Damn....

So you play mp and get a match within 1 min all the time....

Or do you just play sp campaign?
I'm finding matches very quickly. Not sure if it's exactly within a minute but they're acceptable matchmaking times for sure. And every game I get into has had great connections whereas before I was lagging and shots weren't registering.

Have you tried to play with a party?
No I havent

IHaveIce

Banned
Oh sad to see stuff is still wonky.

Though people who expected tofind matches in seconds are funny. I fully expect due to installbase, somewhat regional/ fitting connectivity and ranks to take some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom