• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

You don't buy a system for just one game yo

Original Xbox/Halo CE would like a word with you, yo. This is Halo, this was CE, 2, 3 online with dedicated servers at 1080p/60fps. MCC sold a shit ton of Xbox Ones. One game often gets people to buy consoles. How many bought an n64 after playing Super Mario 64 or Goldeneye etc. No one thought it would be this bad of a launch.

I admit I never saw this game being THIS broken coming. I thought maybe some glitches here or there, long load times and some initial matchmaking woes but this game is pretty damn busted. Even Halo 4 worked for the most part at launch.

daedalius

Turbo update is most assuredly not on H4, at least in BTB. Is that like, a playlist configuration thing? I thought it was a title update??

Random17

I admit I never saw this game being THIS broken coming. I thought maybe some glitches here or there, long load times and some initial matchmaking woes but this game is pretty damn busted. Even Halo 4 worked for the most part at launch.

I was expecting a crash issue occasionally leading to rage, but these issues have surpassed all my expectations, yes.

Ramirez

Gungoose CTF is awful, not that I expected any less.

I'm finding games fine solo, not being able to party up and enjoy the game still is just a huge fucking bummer.

I'm not even mad, just sad.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Why is Locke using the old BR in that cutscene?

Almost as dumb as this:
FvQtneQ.gif
I...

eh8V7rj.jpg

rrc1594

Is it really not working for you guys, because I been playing no problem over last hour. Game back to back, sucks to because this is the ultimate Halo game for any Halo fan damn

Defect

Is it really not working for you guys, because I been playing no problem over last hour. Game back to back, sucks to because this is the ultimate Halo game for any Halo fan damn
Solo works well for me and many others. Searching with parties barely works at all.

-Ryn

Banned
I REALLY want to see Frankie's post mortem.
Those guys must feel awful. It's good to see the patch is working for some though. I just hope they can figure this out so everyone can enjoy the game. Halo isn't done yet.

What if I told you, "Halo Anime"? Impossible, I know.
Prototype and Odd One Out. That is all.

Why is Locke using the old BR in that cutscene?

Almost as dumb as this:
FvQtneQ.gif
This... this is amazing. I just want to imagine what was going through the pilot's head.

Ya know I expected the DVR to be used for some epic fails.
I just thought they would be fails by the player.

Looks like 343 have jumped ship. No word from anyone in too long.

The clusterfuck continues.
How does no one catch this until the game is shipped and in players hands? I mean they probably spent months designing, drawing, coloring, animating the scene and they're only a few seconds long or a minute or two, how does no one think, hey, that Pelican is flying backwards in the scene.
Lmao. This post and this typo is too perfect

darthbob

How does no one catch this until the game is shipped and in players hands? I mean they probably spent months designing, drawing, coloring, animating the scene and they're only a few seconds long or a minute or two, how does no one think, hey, that Pelican is flying backwards in the scene.

que?

HTupolev

How did you not catch this until after you posted it? I mean, you probably spent seconds, minutes, typing and revising this post and it's only a short paragraph, how did you not think, hey, that's not a UNSC vehicle.

Omni

We should get some customs going on the weekend... I just wanna play Halo. This whole thing is starting to irritate me greatly

edit. Holy hell I just got a full game in BTB. I'VE WAITED A WEEK FOR THIS

rrc1594

We should get some customs going on the weekend... I just wanna play Halo. This whole thing is starting to irritate me greatly

edit. Holy hell I just got a full game in BTB. I'VE WAITED A WEEK FOR THIS

Try team slayer after it's been working for me played already like 10 games

Random17

That Phantom seems to be the only mistake in the Halo 2 A cutscenes AFAIK, so let's not get carried away. Not sure how they missed that, though.

Omni

Who the fuck thought AR starts on Bloodline was a good idea? You know something is wrong when people are literally camping BR spawn. And the game isn't even using dedicated servers. I'm lagging like hell

even when the game works it's broken.

Try team slayer after it's been working for me played already like 10 games

Thanks. I'll try that next!

It really sucks cuz under all this crap there is 4 great campaigns and 5 good to great online games. (debatable to some but you gotta admit they are all at least quality). It is so amazing to be playing Halo 2 online again, and 3 is better than before cuz when the game is working the netcode is better than the og H3. Playing Halo: Combat Evolved online on xbox legit for the first time is such a great feeling and other than spawns, the game feels as great as ever. While Halo 2 Anniversary doesn't feel completely like Halo 2, it honestly feels like a new game that combines the best of modern Halo with classic Halo 2 gameplay sans button combos and it feels so damn good. Even Halo 4 is kind of redeemed with the Legendary rules being in most of the gametypes online. If they could just fix those issues...damn it man.

I actually frequently get into games and more or less, most of the time its almost or completely lag free. I am one of the lucky ones, but it pains me to see my brothers and sisters who love this series get screwed over and to see this game slowly die when it should have been living for years. I truly hope they can redeem this somehow.

Random17

I actually frequently get into games and more or less, most of the time its almost or completely lag free. I am one of the lucky ones, but it pains me to see my brothers and sisters who love this series get screwed over and to see this game slowly die when it should have been living for years. I truly hope they can redeem this somehow.

Yeah, this is a situation that sucks for everyone.

Omni

Is it AR starts on everything or what? It found me a game of Assault on Valhalla. Which, you know, should have been amazing. Except we're spawning with ARs and I'm rubber banding everywhere. It's like 2007 all over again

My second game in days and I'm forced to quit because it's unplayable. If I have to choose between P2P in Halo 3 and not playing at all, I'd rather not play at all. What is even happening here? Have they just turned off the dedicated servers?

Did they for a second think that majority of players picking this up were new to the series? seriously? All these games should be BR starts.

UNbelievable.

^I think Halo 3 and 4 used the launch versions of the game instead of the final patch versions for reasons

They also need to implement rankings ASAP to stop all the quitters from matches and encourage mic chat.

Madness

Is it AR starts on everything or what? It found me a game of Assault on Valhalla. Which, you know, should have been amazing. Except we're spawning with ARs and I'm rubber banding everywhere. It's like 2007 all over again

My second game in days and I'm forced to quit because it's unplayable. If I have to choose between P2P in Halo 3 and not playing at all, I'd rather not play at all. What is even happening here? Have they just turned off the dedicated servers?

Pretty sure Halo 3 is just vanilla maps and settings. So will pretty much be AR starts for that game. As for dedicated servers, I think they are using p2p a lot of the time as a fallback to get this situation fixed.

Random17

Just woke up. What's the patch report like?

Initial scan through the thread indicates not so good? Fuck sakes :/

Matchmaking is working for many more people but a lot of stuff is still broken. Basically, the hope for a quick fix is gone. It's probably going to take weeks.

rrc1594

Just woke up. What's the patch report like?

Initial scan through the thread indicates not so good? Fuck sakes :/

Just try team slayer played more game since it came out, going strong for 3 hours and every 5 games it's been lag tho. Fuck it I'm playing still :)

Omni

Oh this is awful. I'm trying to set up a co-op game but IDK. It says I'm joined with my friend but I'm not in the lobby and it does nothing when I try to accept invites

This game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom