• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 21| Battle is the Great Redeemer | LIVE. DIE. RESPAWN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Flash

Banned
Halo is dad. Halo will always be dad. When you look "dad" up in the dictionary there's a picture of MCC next to it because that's how dad Halo is right now.

Fuck you, you should have tested this broken ass game before releasing it. After searching for 15 minutes I got a 14 player match in WARLORD splitting my party apart. You guys suck dick you should have been in charge of an arcade game not Halo.

funny part, guy doesn't even work for 343, so jokes on you buddy

MouldyK

Halo is dad. Halo will always be dad. When you look "dad" up in the dictionary there's a picture of MCC next to it because that's how dad Halo is right now.

Man, I am so unsure of 343i right now...

This is the part I start losing my belief in them for once.

Random17

If the reactions continue on gaming side I think it can be safe to conclude that the patch is nowhere near satisfactory. (It's been 2 hours since the patch came out)

rrc1594

fun fact: you were always running in the other halo games when you pressed forward all the way

TheMoreYouKnow.gif

RowdyReverb

solution to all problems

when halo 4 loads

press start -> leave game

Come on, don't be the quitter!

I keep finding players apparently, but stall out at the connecting session stage each time. I've tried 6 times now in different playlists, but I always fail to connect to the host apparently. Oddly, my first attempt at searching found a match very quickly, and I'm consistency reaching the "players found" stage on each try. Going to try to reset and see if that works.

Edit: and now I'm stuck downloading "the latest matchmaking data" for a full 2 minutes now. Server problems?

link1201

I'd love to be a fly on the wall over at 343 industries about now. I'd imagine there's a lot of interesting conversations happening.

MM data finally downloaded (back out and retry), but the search is still taking a while.

EDIT: Found a 15/12 game.

What?

And who votes for Halo 4 over any other game?

Blueblur1

Some thoughts on the footage from Greenskull's latest video.

• As mentioned previously there are too many medals but the new ones seem great (except for Last Shot, its unnecessary IMO).
  • Too many clicks, clacks, beeps and boops. As a player I would have little idea what most of those sound effects are meant to tell me. And the kill confirm sound effect is totally unnecessary, IMO.
  • Jump height seems to be lower than 4. If so, I presume its to force players to use "Clamber". I hope I'm wrong and the jump height is at least the same as it is in Halo 4.
  • Missing all classic sound effects. Please at least keep the respawn timer and the shield recharge sound effects (I don't mind the replacing of Reach's metal shield clang).
  • The Spartan call-outs are great but stuff like "Thanks for the assist" and "Good kill" need to go.
  • Not liking the firing rate of this iteration of the Pistol; prefer a slower ROF and higher damage output like in Halo 4.
  • Seems like Smart Scope may be granting the player more accuracy with the AR (lack of bloom); do not want Smart Scope to be more accurate than hip fire.
  • Spartan "bro" personalities are still completely undesirable and their intros waste time that could be use for something more valuable like showing more of the map.
  • BR looks like it fires just like the DMR; they should be differentiated.
  • Thruster still seems to be a "get out of jail" card just as Sprint has been in previous games. Its the one thing I already think should be nerfed.

I liked it overall though. I can't wait to play (provided it's matchmaking works).

TTUVAPOR

Banned
MM data finally downloaded (back out and retry), but the search is still taking a while.
Sorry i have zero patience tonight. This is really pissing me off. So now ill enjoy madden till bedtime. I have a long day at work tomm. I dont need he frustration tonigt. I get enough stress at work.

willow ve

Not feeling bad at all that I decided to wait and get an Xbox One for a Christmas present. Was going to get one for MCC launch, but bought a phone instead. Best decision ever.

RowdyReverb

People who play BTB love H4

H4 is pretty good for BTB, I gotta say. Spawning with mid-long range weapons and sprint help to speed up the pace of the larger maps in BTB.

Not feeling bad at all that I decided to wait and get an Xbox One for a Christmas present. Was going to get one for MCC launch, but bought a phone instead. Best decision ever.

Go you. But you don't get to participate in the commiseration.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Come on, don't be the quitter!

I keep finding players apparently, but stall out at the connecting session stage each time. I've tried 6 times now in different playlists, but I always fail to connect to the host apparently. Oddly, my first attempt at searching found a match very quickly, and I'm consistency reaching the "players found" stage on each try. Going to try to reset and see if that works.

Edit: and now I'm stuck downloading "the latest matchmaking data" for a full 2 minutes now. Server problems?

i don't quit games of halo

anyone who played with me knows this... i will even play a CTF game up until the very last minute when I'm the only player left on my team.

but with Halo 4 I have absolutely zero regrets and I hope I ruin someones game when I do it.

Because I sure as shit don't want to waste a quarter of an hour on that game

daedalius

i don't quit games of halo

anyone who played with me knows this... i will even play a CTF game up until the very last minute when I'm the only player left on my team.

but with Halo 4 I have absolutely zero regrets and I hope I ruin someones game when I do it.

Because I sure as shit don't want to waste a quarter of an hour on that game

umadbro?

Madness

Safe to assume these problems are going to persist until well into the next month. Gears 2 had problems going well into 5+ months. I remember an IGN reviewer talking about the Snowblind map pack and how he still had trouble finding matches, lags, glitches. Didn't even bother with the game after that so I don't know whether it it was ever fixed.

But this is Halo. Damn. Why are there so many problems.

RowdyReverb

This is basically the console version of BF4 now. So much wasted potential :(

The difference is, people will still want to go back and play the classic Halo games a few months from now when things work better. The same cannot be said of BF4 or any games that function poorly on initial release. In other words, MCC's botched release doesn't make me care any less about Halo 1-3.

Omni

This is basically the console version of BF4 now. So much wasted potential :(
What makes it worse is that BF4 was still playable at launch. 64 player matches were plagued with rubber banding and hit detection issues... but you could still play.

The fact that we can't even get just 8 players into a single game without issues is just pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom