• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
About to rage. Got halfway through grave mind on legendary. Stopped to watch a show with wife, come back and now MCC hard locks when I try to resume the mission. This is the worst mission to have to do over.

Kibbles

I'm way behind, we're getting a new H5 trailer tonight? Think it will have the release date?

Also, I added Official HCS to my friends list how the hell do I download from their file share?

Akai__

I'm way behind, we're getting a new H5 trailer tonight? Think it will have the release date?

Also, I added Official HCS to my friends list how the hell do I download from their file share?

We assume it's the full trailer for this teaser. Frankies wording from a coupple pages back made it sound, like the release date won't be announced yet.

The only way to see somebodies File Share is when they are online or if they made an entry into the leaderboards. Use the Friends filter for the leaderboards and check every campaign, every level and every difficulty setting. I doubt that GT made an entry, though.

Akai__

It's better to lower your expectations.

1. You won't be disappointed, if it's nothing.
2. You will be pleasantly surprised, if it's something.

Not hyping myself up about Halo anymore. Not after Halo 4 happened.

Ampoc

Neo Member

Halo 4 was a disappointment, yes. But that's a stupid reason to not hype yourself up for Halo 5. We had 3 weeks time with some of it's multiplayer, and honestly, it was great. It received well from the fans as well.

You can tell yourself to lower your expectations but it's never really possible. You can say I have low expectations so by the end of this countdown, I won't feel nothing but the truth is you're still going to be disappointed deep down regardless and you can't change that.

So I'll be disappointed if it is nothing, but oh well, life goes on.

Was just trying to be helpful, but whatever.

Mmk

Akai__

Would a better reason be 343i's amazing track record of screwing things up?

I really don't care, if you hype yourself up. Was just trying to be helpful, but whatever.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I'm keeping my hype in check. After all of 343's fumbles, it's not really that hard. I'm feeling more curious than excited about what we'll get tonight. It's more MP info that'll bring the hype for me.

SaganIsGOAT

343 is turning their image around starting with this teaser. This is when they truly show everyone what a great company they can be. Prepare to be surprised.

watership

Anyone else getting tremendous lag lately? It started Friday for me. Unplayable. I'm going to try a few other games to see if its me, Xbl or actually the MCC.

Karl2177

Every ARG since Halo 2 has been disappointing. Please no ARG for H5. Just give me a healthy dose of trailers and ViDocs explaining what the game is over a reasonable period of time.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Maybe I've missed it, but it's interesting that the hashtag used is #Halo5, rather than the full Halo 5: Guardians name. Wonder if it's just for simplicity or if the subtitle has been dropped.

I'd prefer the latter.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Every ARG since Halo 2 has been disappointing. Please no ARG for H5. Just give me a healthy dose of trailers and ViDocs explaining what the game is over a reasonable period of time.
co-signed

I don't know about all of you but I still have a hell of a time getting into matches. I mean, I get in but its a long time between matches. I'm not really interested in the next game.

Ramirez

Hey, let people get excited ya Debbie Downer.

Maybe I've missed it, but it's interesting that the hashtag used is #Halo5, rather than the full Halo 5: Guardians name. Wonder if it's just for simplicity or if the subtitle has been dropped.

I'd prefer the latter.

Gotta think about that 140 character limit.

I'd just be happy if they stopped referring to it as Halo 5 (audible colon) Guardians in every interview. Sounds awkward as hell.

They're making is sound like just the 15 second teaser will be shown, which make sense. They probably want the Web traffic. I imagine it'll say the Web site name at the end and tell people to log on to see more.

I could also be totally wrong.

Hmm, you may be right.. Perhaps a longer variation of that teaser?

I still do not know why big franchises not doing a first glimpse like Rockstar does. People want to see the game. Show it to them. Not teasing with several cgi trailers.

A game should only have one CGI trailer and that should be the announcement. Favorable it should not be CGI at all but in-engine instead.

Halo 3's IRIS arg was great. :(

Welfare

I still do not know why big franchises not doing a first glimpse like Rockstar does. People want to see the game. Show it to them. Not teasing with several cgi trailers.

A game should only have one CGI trailer and that should be the announcement. Favorable it should not be CGI at all but in-engine instead.

We got a pretty big first glance.

We got to play the game itself.

Halo 3's IRIS arg was great. :(

What Welfare said. The CGI reveal was least year, then we got a metric ton of gameplay, now we're getting a fun little ARG. S'all cool, man.

Top Bottom