• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Dub117

tumblr_mw4nrwQDki1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Interestingly, when I was a kid in Texas everyone would say PRS as opposed to RPS. In most other places I lived though it was the latter.
Huh, grew up in Amarillo TX here, I have always heard RPS. Weird.

I'm getting kicked to game over screen only when a Halo 3 map is voted. Think it's related :(

It's absolutely related. It only happens on Halo 3 maps.

Halo 3 is the only Halo in the collection to:

- completely have its maps fail to load, a game breaking bug

- have its audio channels scrambled

- have its aiming sensitivity increments botched in the transition from its native game

- have a glitch which causes two grenades to throw at once (also extends to up to four duplicates of equipment being deployed simultaneously)

- have an entire game mode broken (Forge) which prevents 343 from being able to fix map exploits (equipment jumping, pit hiding place). It also means it is impossible to start an objective game mode with a battle rifle or a free for all with a battle rifle, or to feature the best selling individual Halo game from the MCC in some of the most popular and enduring playlists in the franchises history such as SWAT and Team Snipers.

These aren't niggling issues. Halo 3 is a considerable distance from being "exactly as you remembered it", which is what we were promised as consumers, and as fans. A fair amount of time has elapsed since MCC released and there's been little or nothing said on all of the above listed issues. That is, frankly, unacceptable considering these are issues which should have been seen to day one. I find it difficult to muster much enthusiasm or curiosity for Halo 5 media when their current game still isn't launch day worthy four months post release.

Onikaan

MCC has a new trick it plays on me. Every other game around the 20 second mark it will go to black screen before booting me to the post game lobby screen. Its really bloody annoying and it never used to happen until the latest patch dropped.

NAT is open etc. Any ideas? Or will we just put it down to the game being only partially fixed.

jem0208

I regularly run into audio issues in 4 and occasionally in H2A as well.

With audio directions being incorrect/backwards/whatever?

No, it's usually just specific sections of the audio completely cut out. For example I quite regularly can't hear my weapon fire whereas I can hear everything else. Usually lasts about 10-15 seconds. It's not a major problem but it is a little annoying.

Akai__

- have an entire game mode broken (Forge) which prevents 343 from being able to fix map exploits (equipment jumping, pit hiding place). It also means it is impossible to start an objective game mode with a battle rifle or a free for all with a battle rifle, or to feature the best selling individual Halo game from the MCC in some of the most popular and enduring playlists in the franchises history such as SWAT and Team Snipers.

I'm still wondering how we got that Halo 3 BTB Territories game with BR starts. That was the 1st time an objective gametype was BR starts for me.

Karl2177

I regularly run into audio issues in 4 and occasionally in H2A as well.

No, it's usually just specific sections of the audio completely cut out. For example I quite regularly can't hear my weapon fire whereas I can hear everything else. Usually lasts about 10-15 seconds. It's not a major problem but it is a little annoying.

These are two completely separate issues. The audio channel issue in Halo 3 is with left sound coming out of the right speaker and vice versa. The weapon sound issue is in every title(see it happening to me in CEA).

Madness

I think H2A is the first game that I actually preferred watching to playing.

I just don't really like how H2A feels to play.

I like it. Give me more maps and I'm a happy guy. Easily better than H4 Legendary BR's. I'd like a little faster movement/strafe but it feels good. I'd also have liked them to bring DMR into H2A, seeing as they could bring AR. H2A is basically H4 without the crap, emulating H2 gameplay.

I'm still wondering how we got that Halo 3 BTB Territories game with BR starts. That was the 1st time an objective gametype was BR starts for me.

BTB H3 gametypes are inconsistent. Flag and slayer are always BR starts in my experience but assault and territories vary. KOTH is always AR starts. Of course BTB should never, ever have an automatic weapon start. Even Bungie decreed it that way.

jem0208

I like it. Give me more maps and I'm a happy guy. Easily better than H4 Legendary BR's. I'd like a little faster movement/strafe but it feels good. I'd also have liked them to bring DMR into H2A, seeing as they could bring AR. H2A is basically H4 without the crap, emulating H2 gameplay.

The thing is on paper it sounds great, there's nothing I can really point to and say "that's why I don't like it". I thought it was because I kinda sucked at it, but even the odd game where I match with rubbish people and dong on them just feels a bit boring...

I really want to like it, I just can't for some reason.

H2A with high ping (thanks based murican hosts) is unbeliavably bad. Atleast in H2C my BR shoots 3 bullets per burst, not 1-3. That's my only problem with H2A.

That could very well be the issue actually. The thing which bugs me most is that everyone seems to take far more bullets than I can. I've had one on one BR battles where I've died just as I'm firing my third shot. The BR in general just doesn't feel very powerful from my experience.

Also the nuclear grenades are kinda annoying.

Anyone wanna play some Halo?

Come on now, no one here actually plays Halo. We're just here to complain.

tootsi666

The thing is on paper it sounds great, there's nothing I can really point to and say "that's why I don't like it". I thought it was because I kinda sucked at it, but even the odd game where I match with rubbish people and dong on them just feels a bit boring...

I really want to like it, I just can't for some reason.
H2A with high ping (thanks based murican hosts) is unbeliavably bad. Atleast in H2C my BR shoots 3 bullets per burst, not 1-3. That's my only problem with H2A.

Mix

tumblr_mw4nrwQDki1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Interestingly, when I was a kid in Texas everyone would say PRS as opposed to RPS. In most other places I lived though it was the latter.

New Braunfels, right between Austin and San Antonio, always been rock paper scissors.

Getting on Halo until about 7:55, anyone else on? MIXMASTERCHlEF

Glass

Same. I'm expecting something good, you don't have a countdown for a tiny reveal or subsequent teaser. That'd be a sure fire way to do a 180 on all the hype that'd been built.

MCC has a new trick it plays on me. Every other game around the 20 second mark it will go to black screen before booting me to the post game lobby screen. Its really bloody annoying and it never used to happen until the latest patch dropped.

NAT is open etc. Any ideas? Or will we just put it down to the game being only partially fixed.

The game is still broken. Less, but still broken. It's probably always going to be broken.

You know what'd be a fun way to start off a trailer for Halo 5? Start it out with a first-person view of the player in a typical multiplayer match, working their way through a map, gunning down enemies and finding bigger and better power weapons. After clearing out the enemy team in their entirety, it switches to third-person, revealing it's actually the Chief and that it wasn't a simulation. A familiar voice contacts him via comm:

"That's the last of them, John. Take the lift in the eastern wing, I've commandeered its authorization to allow you direct access to the server room."

"And that's where we'll find it, Dr. Halsey?"

TheXbox

So those of you who have read the recent comics/novels, does the arg make any sense? What does he mean when he says something going on "in deep space"? Why is this press sneak fuck calling Master Chief a traitor?
So when do we find out what makes the special edition cost $250?
Locke cat helmet

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Locke cat helmet

Honestly, with how crappy LE's have gotten these days I'd go for another cat helmet, but one that's higher quality (given the more expensive price tag). I still have the Halo 3 helmet sitting on my gaming shelf, not much other LE content stays with me that long.

Give me a better Chief helmet based on his Halo 5 armor.

I'll take a warthog, a 343GS remote drone, a Halo, a UNSC ship (either PoA or Infinity), a nerf BR or Halo CE pistol, or a high quality Reach Noble Team-esque statue featuring Master Chief, Kelly, Linda, Fred, Arbiter and Agent Locke.

Yeah, but not the $250 price point.

Legendary was like $130 back in 2007.

Black Ops II Care Package was even $180.

Legendary Halo 3 cost me $150 CAD which is at least ~$500 USD today.

It's absolutely related. It only happens on Halo 3 maps.

Halo 3 is the only Halo in the collection to:

- completely have its maps fail to load, a game breaking bug

- have its aiming sensitivity increments botched in the transition from its native game

- have a glitch which causes two grenades to throw at once (also extends to up to four duplicates of equipment being deployed simultaneously)

These aren't niggling issues. Halo 3 is a considerable distance from being "exactly as you remembered it", which is what we were promised as consumers, and as fans. A fair amount of time has elapsed since MCC released and there's been little or nothing said on all of the above listed issues. That is, frankly, unacceptable considering these are issues which should have been seen to day one. I find it difficult to muster much enthusiasm or curiosity for Halo 5 media when their current game still isn't launch day worthy four months post release.

+1 Amazing to me none of this is fixed

The game is still broken. Less, but still broken. It's probably always going to be broken.

They are done with this game sans a patch here or there. I imagine they want everything wrapped up so they won't need to talk about it at E3.

So when do we find out what makes the special edition cost $250?

Anyone who gives this company $250 has to be an idiot. Those Titanfall ones were all over Ebay for under $100. Plus, its bound to center around Locke.

Top Bottom