• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Ramirez

Shit you're right. It's been so long since I even touched Call of Duty, that I forgot there is no friendly fire on in that game either. Damn them if that's one of the reasons why it's off. I just figured they got fed up of people complaining about the griefers. But didn't you notice that it was much higher in Reach and Halo 4 than it ever was in Halo 2 or Halo 3? Even the first year of Reach compared to the end.

As for Halo 4, I still remember 4 consecutive matches in a row during launch night where I was getting griefed for weapons/vehicles. It persisted for a while too.

I mean you're always going to run into that with randoms, that's why you don't play with randoms in Halo.

I didn't play Halo PC online, that's why I didn't reference it (nor did I say H2 was the first online Halo MP)

I did play quite a bit of XBC well before that, though. Never experienced betrayals there.

In any case, I hadn't planned on picking HOD5 up anyways, if they leave FF turned off that just makes me feel better about it. lol

Oh, m'sides.

RSB

Banned
It's not an evolution of anything, but a visual regression, because you've lost screen real estate in your field of view to have the gun model displayed in the middle. It's not superior either, regardless of whether it's 'well done'.
Yep. The modern shooter crowd likes having the gun obstructing the middle of the screen when they zoom, of course 343 would include (mostly cosmetic) ADS. They could also add an option to use classic scopes, but nope, that's too much work, apparently.

At this rate I won't be surprised to see them adding actual ADS (with slower movement and awful hip fire accuracy) in Halo 6. Just wait till that Metro UK reviewer (or whoever it was who critiziced Halo 4 for not having ADS) starts complaining about Halo 5 having fake ADS instead of actual ADS. "What is this? No hip fire accuracy penalty? No movement speed penalty when aiming? In 2015? Get on with the times 343!" LOL.

Madness

Halo 5 is the perfect time to put friendly fire back on, because with spartan chatter, you'd hear them say 'watch your nade spam' which is enough of an indicator to users that you're damaging your own teammates and to be careful. It doesn't mean anything if your grenades or rockets or bullets aren't affecting them.

VinFTW

You underestimate my power!

tumblr_mqw2jcROjY1rqd0kpo1_400.gif

Booshka

Halo 5 is the perfect time to put friendly fire back on, because with spartan chatter, you'd hear them say 'watch your nade spam' which is enough of an indicator to users that you're damaging your own teammates and to be careful. It doesn't mean anything if your grenades or rockets or bullets aren't affecting them.

#ShadowrunDidThis

RowdyReverb

Friendly fire should stay off because I don't trust random teammates. People spam nades not because they know it won't hurt you, but because they just don't give a shit. It can be turned on in ranked/hardcore playlists where teams would actually use the lack of FF to their advantage (e.g. calling for a grenade toss into a close quarters situation).

MCC still a shit fest. Had two dead BTB search lobbies that went on indefinitely, a BTB match up that attempted to set up a 6v5 then crumbled before the map load, a BTB game where I couldn't vote and a 4v3 on High ground.

Hi guys, I'm new, just got activated the other day, anyway

I didn't even realize there was no friendly fire until I fired a rocket into a group of people. I had to double check by putting a few rounds into a team mate. lol

As for smart scope, I don't mind it as long as it doesn't change the weapon's effect very much. Since I use classic recon controls, the only difference I feel is that I can get a better view while trying to shoot someone with my automatics
Awww yeah! Welcome Rightful!

jelly

I like FF, yeah it might screw you sometimes but it cools people down from running blind and even an ounce of teamwork presents itself as they are aware that what others are doing might kill them.

Hi guys, I'm new, just got activated the other day, anyway

I didn't even realize there was no friendly fire until I fired a rocket into a group of people. I had to double check by putting a few rounds into a team mate. lol

As for smart scope, I don't mind it as long as it doesn't change the weapon's effect very much. Since I use classic recon controls, the only difference I feel is that I can get a better view while trying to shoot someone with my automatics

Welcome aboard!

VinFTW

MCC still a shit fest. Had two dead BTB search lobbies that went on indefinitely, a BTB match up that attempted to set up a 6v5 then crumbled before the map load, a BTB game where I couldn't vote and a 4v3 on High ground.

Sooner you stop caring, the sooner you'll be happier. Not even trying to troll or be sarcastic or anything.

I love Halo but I gave up, haven't even downloaded the most recent "big patch". Saves me a lot of aggravation and stress. Now I'm just focusing on IRL priorities and Bloodborne soon.

MAYBE, if this new patch adds ranks, some much needed better playlist options, and some improvements to parties/MMing, I'll think about playing again.

Till then it feels nice not having to get angry playing video games.

Just wanted to say that since I always see you get so frustrated w/ the game. It's just not worth it.

Ramirez

You shoulda took that refund and ran a long time ago!

Tawpgun is pleased with the MCC's progress, however.

singhr1

MCC playability varies by region. Australians and Asians suffer with lower populations while the worst experience (stability wise) in the US I've had is unbalanced teams once in every 10+ games and unable to load H3 maps randomly. I'm finding games in every playlist fine. Just the other stuff we need now and fixes to H3.

Sooner you stop caring, the sooner you'll be happier. Not even trying to troll or be sarcastic or anything.

I love Halo but I gave up, haven't even downloaded the most recent "big patch". Saves me a lot of aggravation and stress. Now I'm just focusing on IRL priorities and Bloodborne soon.

MAYBE, if this new patch adds ranks, some much needed better playlist options, and some improvements to parties/MMing, I'll think about playing again.

Till then it feels nice not having to get angry playing video games.

Just wanted to say that since I always see you get so frustrated w/ the game. It's just not worth it.

Only play the game a few nights a week, I don't play other games. By now I'm obviously not surprised or particularly pissed off when any of the aforementioned happens but it's worth reporting when the game is malfunctioning in ways I thought the latest patch had remedied. I thought long search times were a thing of the past but they're rearing their head again.

You shoulda took that refund and ran a long time ago!

Tawpgun is pleased with the MCC's progress, however.

Dat physical buyers remorse.

VinFTW

Only play the game a few nights a week, I don't play other games. By now I'm obviously not surprised or particularly pissed off when any of the aforementioned happens but it's worth reporting when the game is malfunctioning in ways I thought the latest patch had remedied. I thought long search times were a thing of the past but they're rearing their head again.

Dat physical buyers remorse.

Ah, yeah, I get ya.

I would love to come back for ranks and such, would be a nice thing to play on the occasional night and after drinking and such.

Hopefully this next patch will really work wonders, but I won't hold my breath. There's just so many small things fucked up beyond the technical aspects (settings, weapons, spawns, etc for each game) that at this point I don't think we'll see a fully realized package probably ever.

-Ryn

Banned
343 needs to finish working on the remake of ONI with a bundled sequel.
Bungie sold it for a snickers

#pls

FTFY.

Please don't give them a reason to take it out again.
Glorious betrayals have been had when a Warthog would fly in front of my rocket Launcher.

Let them stay for those moments of true shock and confusion.

Computer

Despite everyone parading that the MCC is fixed the game is still a hot mess. So many issues right now I don't even want to list them all. The hate for 343 may have died down but its almost April and the game is still broken.

Fuchsdh

Wooh, just beat The Great Journey LASO.

It's pretty amazing all the tricks people came up with to make it bearable, let alone fun.

Tawpgun

Game needs some work for sure. But it's not broken. You can find games pretty consistently now.

MCC launched as an undriveable wreck. id say its driveable now. Gets me where I need to go fine but it's a bumpy ride

Ghazi

Game needs some work for sure. But it's not broken. You can find games pretty consistently now.

MCC launched as an undriveable wreck. id say its driveable now. Gets me where I need to go fine but it's a bumpy ride

I tried BTB last weekend to see if the game worked there and could never find anyone. How's that now? All the smaller gametypes work great though.

-Ryn

Banned
Despite everyone parading that the MCC is fixed the game is still a hot mess. So many issues right now I don't even want to list them all. The hate for 343 may have died down but its almost April and the game is still broken.
You don't think ...pfft naaah. There's no way they'd do that.

I can't imagine those kinds of betrayals going away.
They are amazing in their own horrible way

VinFTW

I'd ______ for ranks. Then I'm down to start playing again.

I'd get on again for some Clique hosted THROWDOWNS though...

Tawpgun

I tried BTB last weekend to see if the game worked there and could never find anyone. How's that now? All the smaller gametypes work great though.
Think I only played like 3 BTB games since the good patch. Worked ok from what I remember. I don't play it much though I stick to the smaller ones.

Ghazi

Think I only played like 3 BTB games since the good patch. Worked ok from what I remember. I don't play it much though I stick to the smaller ones.

I don't really either, just wanted to see if the game was able to handle the higher playercounts and it seemingly couldn't. Hilarious that H2 was the posterboy for Xbox Live and ten years later XBL/Halo functions much worse.

jem0208

Yup, it's at least playable now, now that I can consistently find games I play this game far more than anything else I own. The biggest issue is quitters.

Oh yeah? It runs, but it won't drive into my friend's neighborhood when the block party has already started. And the radio won't tune into stations like pin the tail on Halo 3 CTF or Spin the Griffball. Nobody in the car gets to talk to each other unless you get on the group call on the party line!

Tawpgun

Oh yeah? It runs, but it won't drive into my friend's neighborhood when the block party has already started. And the radio won't tune into stations like pin the tail on Halo 3 CTF or Spin the Griffball. Nobody in the car gets to talk to each other unless you get on the group call on the party line!
Yeah but it lets me dong which is why I bought the car in the first place.

I just want to get some of the old crew back together. All we did in reach is go into matchmaking and cleanse people. Game operates at a level where I can do that now. H2A is also ranked and supports 5 people so you can think of it as a ranked squad slayer!

Glass

Has anyone else had their screenshots under Local Files vanish? (Does anyone else take screenshots?) I'm the kind of guy to have a lot of fun with a friend and want to take screenshots from the level to commemorate it. Especially when its my brother visiting from overseas and we get to play Halo together for the first time since 2007. I spent hours going through the multiplayer matches finding great shots of the both of us in action. But now 40 odd files have just gone. Absolutely gutted if this is permanent.

Top Bottom