• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Impala26

Game needs some work for sure. But it's not broken. You can find games pretty consistently now.

MCC launched as an undriveable wreck. id say its driveable now. Gets me where I need to go fine but it's a bumpy ride

It's at "beater first car you own coming out of high school" stage then.

Sure the AC is broken, it's only got crank windows, a few lights on the dash are out, you need a cassette adapter to play anything other than the radio, the timing belt makes a squealing noise and there's a funky smell that you just can't seem to get rid of... but it gets you there!

And maybe just maybe if you're lucky, you can pick up some chicks with it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
ad8D9SA.gif

Why?

Which is final? Honestly the first looks more warm and inviting, but the second looks more cold and barren.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
The red one, with the ugly red filter. It's making it so hard to see the enemies on the map.

Ah, I prefer the second, especially for Lockout. Needs to feel cold and barren.

343 seems to do this a lot, I'd be curious to ask their art guys why. Every map seems to have warmth turned up to 150.

jem0208

Case in Point: Blue team on Truth in the H5

The numbers don't lie:
Blue Team H5 Beta win percentage--53%
Yup, I figured out roughly the chance of the matchmaking randomly allocating the better team to the blue side 53% of the time and it was more likely that you'd be hit by lightning every single year for the rest of your life. Basically the blue side has a distinct advantage.

As far as Lockout, I haven't noticed any noticeable issues in visibility. The screenshot doesn't do justice to the map in motion. Not as severe as it seems.

Truth and Eden in Halo 5 was terrible for red team though. Might as well give blue permanent invisi.

singhr1

Does that game have any planned 4 player co-op or the like? Are you wanting it because it's Halo, or you enjoy TSS? Cuz Helldiver's is the shiiiiit.

No planned Co-op currently. Not even announced for Xbox yet, just Windows/Windows phone. I wouldn't be surprised if they are porting to Xbox before full release.

dwells

Do we have any news at all about the April update?

Ranks need to be working perfectly and the matchmaking problems need to be fully fixed (crashing after loading, uneven teams, people lagging out before the game starts). Otherwise I think the game is just completely unsalvageable at this point.

Doesnt 343i said in h4 development that they consired using different team colors per map and not just red vs blue if there would be visibility issues?

Do we have any news at all about the April update?

Ranks need to be working perfectly and the matchmaking problems need to be fully fixed (crashing after loading, uneven teams, people lagging out before the game starts). Otherwise I think the game is just completely unsalvageable at this point.
Ranks can work perfectly and matchmaking problems can be nonexistent and the game will still be unsalvageable. The game was unsalvageable after 4 weeks of this shit. It's been 4 months now. It might work, but it's dead. It's been dead for months and it won't ever be not dead.

I can't be the only one not having nearly as many problems lately. Most nights my team of four has no trouble getting together and donging for a few hours. Hell last night we had a great team of eight for customs, and I had a blast.

Certainly I still get lagged out occasionally, and that fucking error where the game ends early is still there. Just the other day the game ended right as my team took the lead, and as convenient as that may be I've had the opposite happen a couple times. So that issue is still annoying for either team.

But I can play Halo with my friends and not have to restart and regroup after every single game. So there's that.

Madness

Ranks can work perfectly and matchmaking problems can be nonexistent and the game will still be unsalvageable. The game was unsalvageable after 4 weeks of this shit. It's been 4 months now. It might work, but it's dead. It's been dead for months and it won't ever be not dead.

Yeah, there's no saving the game. Especially as Halo 5 comes out in 7-9 months, depending on when it launches. There going to be no massive increase in users, no semblance of skilled matching for ranks etc. Playerbase far too low. People have just moved on. Hell we had hard-core Halo fans trade in the game, and they've yet to rebuy.

Yeah, there's no saving the game. Especially as Halo 5 comes out in 7-9 months, depending on when it launches. There going to be no massive increase in users, no semblance of skilled matching for ranks etc. Playerbase far too low. People have just moved on. Hell we had hard-core Halo fans trade in the game, and they've yet to rebuy.

It went from not even being in the top 10 most played games to consistently being 7-8.

So.

Surprisingly, I forgot about the color issues with Lockdown when playing it in matchmaking. The map looks fine.

And everything that still pisses me off, and is a deal breaker if they don't get this component of the game working, is detailed in the #FixMccCustoms movment. Now that matchmaking isn't a complete dumpster fire, I have been finding people posting more and more about why can't they see a file share, where is this option or gametype they remember, why can't they join their friend's game. Nice to see I'm not alone.

Overdoziz

Banned
Won't you be able to shoot right through that in cs? That makes that map very different.
You can't shoot through all surfaces in CS. Not entirely sure how you set it up, but I'm sure I can just disable something like that. Either way I don't plan on making it play exactly like Halo's version anyway. For instance not nearly all the jump that are possible in Halo 3 will be possible on my version.

dwells

Why did they base it off the Halo 3 engine? I'm assuming it was the best they could get permission to use. I guess since H2V and HPC's netcodes are both giant disasters, it makes sense if they weren't allowed to use the H4 engine.

Hopefully people get it working with US servers. If it's decent and gets even a small following I'll sell the Xbone and build a cheap gaming PC.

jem0208

Why did they base it off the Halo 3 engine? I'm assuming it was the best they could get permission to use. I guess since H2V and HPC's netcodes are both giant disasters, it makes sense if they weren't allowed to use the H4 engine.

Hopefully people get it working with US servers. If it's decent and gets even a small following I'll sell the Xbone and build a cheap gaming PC.

Wait, what are we talking about here?

Edit:

Huh, how weird...

Top Bottom