• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

This post is decent fodder for the Russian Troll Factory, talk shit about how Americans need to consume everything, especially when they are told it is not for them.

Good thing I'm not in US then, eh?

A looooooot of people are operating under the assumption that this is a standard PC game release, where you can mod and whatnot. It's not. It's tied to a service that requires access to their servers. Servers that also control microtransactions. Meaning any kind of tampering = ban.

Really hate being the party pooper, but it's not a reality.

I don't want to mod, I don't want to pay, I don't want to do anything except try it out lol. At least play it once.

I don't want to mod, I don't want to pay, I don't want to do anything except try it out lol. At least play it once.

That you can do. But there's talk of removing the extraneous stuff or hosting custom servers with custom settings and whatnot, and that's unlikely.

Akai__

After waking up to those screenshots:

IMO, drop Certain Affinity and let Saber make the maps. These maps are looking a lot better, than anything CA has done, aside from the Halo CE maps in Reach.

Just seeing that chopper in Halo online brings an itch that needs to be scratched in H5.

Yup.

Ghazi

57875_340.jpg

Tawpgun

This looks like an Avalanche remaster.

Front of the base with the mancannon and vehicles. That side cliff entrance to the top.
Bottom pic is the big mancannon in the middle of the map.

Yeah literally the only bad thing to come out of this is MCC isn't getting these maps.

Hope those Forge maps deliver in HCS Season 2.... I would say H2A needs more maps.... and it does... but I feel like resources wise its a waste since H5 is less than a year away.

Karl2177

Yeah literally the only bad thing to come out of this is MCC isn't getting these maps.

I wouldn't completely count them out yet. It could be a situation where Relic is free, but Sandsnake, Snow Turf, and Hexagon middle are paid DLC. Would be shitty, but not completely unexpected.

Nowise10

Super Bounces back in Halo Online

https://youtu.be/_LJbivvqw3o
He just modded the jump height

I wouldn't completely count them out yet. It could be a situation where Relic is free, but Sandsnake, Snow Turf, and Hexagon middle are paid DLC. Would be shitty, but not completely unexpected.
I'm pretty sure the signs on Snow Turf all read Russian, so I expect Halo Online might be Russian only. Plus I'm also pretty sure these maps wouldn't be compatibile with Halo 2 Anniversary, different engine and whatnot.

Tawpgun

paid DLC for an apparently 14k or less community with Halo 5 around the corner
BigD.png

dwells

That you can do. But there's talk of removing the extraneous stuff or hosting custom servers with custom settings and whatnot, and that's unlikely.
Why is it unlikely? The game isn't even out and someone has already successfully written a force loader for it and says they think they can get Forge mode working. With some time and more people involved, it's certainly possible that some more substantial progress is made.

Tawpgun

Wasn't the 14k number off? I saw the thread title change.

Anyways, 14k x $10 for maps they already made isn't a bad profit when the work is already done.
Who cares?

1. I don't think 343 deserves to make more money off the fans that are still sticking around after the clusterfuck that was this game.

2. Paid DLC would wreck the community. Paid DLC made finding DLC in 4 and Reach hard enough.
I wonder how many people will actually buy Halo 3 ODST as DLC and how much 343i will charge for it.

It's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thank god.

In what world is embedding a 41MB .gif acceptable?

Ridiculous.

Mine- with way too much down, plenty up, and no data cap.

But seriously, I don't approve and I feel bad for Australians who have to deal with a pretty bad internet market. People can be on mobile, too, so I think it's bad form to just paste something gigantic into a non-GIF thread.

EDIT: But it is a cool clip, Ozzy. I remember I had a similar experience back in the day, but it was me trying to laser a guy, and in the film it looked like the laser just stopped in mid-air for a second.

Akai__

It's freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Thank god.

It's free for people who played the game before the 19th December. Everyone else will most likely have to pay.

Halo 3: ODST Campaign – Development has just started on the campaign for Halo 3: ODST, which will be available within Halo: The Master Chief Collection, and upgraded to 1080p resolution, running at 60fps. It will be available for free to anyone who has played Halo: The Master Chief Collection since launch (11.11.14) through today (12.19.14).* Thanks to our friends at Bungie for creating the original “Halo 3: ODST” campaign.

Source, unless that has changed and nobody knows, yet?

If at some point they added Reach and its multiplayer, I think the best approach would be to make the multiplayer free and then you pay for campaign access. That way the community isn't split up. It always sucked paying for DLC then not being able to play it when no one had it.

Madness

It's free for people who played the game before the 19th December. Everyone else will most likely have to pay.

They're probably going to make it free for everyone. The collective outrage by the fans who bought it after December 19th will be more than those who bought it at launch.

'who cares if you bought it day one, you still get odst free, but why should I be punished because I kept it sealed till Christmas, rabble rabble rabble'.

VinFTW

Here's hoping there's servers with br starts, no abilities, and weapons on map (no load outs) and I'm downloading the fuck out of it. Movement speed looks super fast so I'm okay with sprint.

tootsi666

http://imgur.com/a/3ae5D

You could just sell skins Innova Systems, not his P2W bullshit
I get the impression P2W is hugely popular in Russia, and accepted. The same kind of thing would not fly over here in the West, hence its existence there. Everyone's saying its a test bed and it'll be released here later, but it seems clear this is about having a Halo franchise there, in addition to the rest of the world. The two aren't going to cross over.
I know but it still infuriates me

Glass

http://imgur.com/a/3ae5D

You could just sell skins MS, not his P2W bullshit

I get the impression P2W is hugely popular in Russia, and accepted. The same kind of thing would not fly over here in the West, hence its existence there. Everyone's saying its a test bed and it'll be released here later, but it seems clear this is about having a Halo franchise there, in addition to the rest of the world. The two aren't going to cross over.

Top Bottom