• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
de8Vd00.jpg

So...
I have no idea what the context here is but this is amazing.

Pretty much why I don't even bother to load up the game anymore, going to be a ghost town in a few months. However, I do want to play ODST and finish up legendary runs to get my armor, other then that I don't play it.
You're not playing the game now because in a few months it might see a population drop? That really doesn't make any sense. Might as well enjoy it while you can, right?

blamite

Would love to try out Halo Online
Looks so bad it might be good

Ryn Von Stabsaloff reporting in

Aren't those the things you originally could ride in Halo CE?

Wildlife in Halo 5 Confirmed

Yeah, the Blind Wolf I think it was called. Cool that they finally became a thing somehow.

I think I'm gonna have to try to sign up for this Halo Online alpha... the gameplay looks questionable but the art style is super appealing (for the maps and weapons at least, the armor? gross.). I'd be a lot more hyped for Halo 5 if I know it was going to have that kind of clean, bright and colorful look, with current-gen fidelity.

Actually the game kind of reminds me of Blacklight Retribution, which wasn't too terrible.

DJ Gunner

I don't get the population fears. These are games that have already run their course, well before the release of MCC. The broken state of things certainly made a massive dent- but I don't think the collection was ever subject to the same population characteristics as a new AAA release. People who have wanted to play CE or 2 again for years and years aren't going to now not want to play the games because Halo 5 or some other shooter came out. It's a different beast. I believe if the collection is fixed (H3 sound, H2 netcode, etc) then the game will maintain a strong and steady population of die-hard Halo fans no matter what.

I have no idea what the context here is but this is amazing.

You're not playing the game now because in a few months it might see a population drop? That really doesn't make any sense. Might as well enjoy it while you can, right?

Kind of hard to enjoy it when there are still so many issues with the game. AFK/quitters, only one playlist with ranking, long que times, and etc. I put almost three days of playtime into MM, but for the most part I've given up on the game.

Twitter handle is Gamecheat13. He posted a link to the game files on Twitter but idk if it's playable

Apparently a few people were able to download the game and get into the solo maps like him but the download now just stays at 0% for new people who try it

Didn't know the guy had a twitter handle though, I just saw it in some random halo topic on 4chan lel

Should have thought to check Gamecheat lol.

Anyways yeah the game does not seem to download.

Game is 2.68 GB though, according to windows.\

EDIT: I found a link to the English version of the client but not the game lol

Weird he was able to download it from the site. I guess they derped and left it in the source of the website or something?

I checked Gamecheats twitter, and he just has the link to down load the game, but it isn't playable.

My guess is they figured out the error and fixed it

He also posted that Diamondback, Edge, Icebox, Pit, Guardian, and Valhalla are the map names in Halo Online.

now to figure out which ones are which (aside from the obvious ones)

Top Bottom