• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

link1201

Can't wait for all those weapon customization and loadouts n Halo 5 BTB.

You know it's coming.

You think they'll give everyone a Plasma Pistol from the get go again?... Ugh I hope not. :'(

I do hope they give us a peek soon. I am actually more anxious about that than the campaign.

I can totally see Custom Loadouts for Halo 5s BTB. If there are aiming for the Battlefield type of experience with 32 or 64 players.

Josh and Quinn have already teased some kind of "large mp" experience..

dwells

That leaked beta has already been hacked to enable English and loading maps under MP mode, Forge appears to be in there and someone's currently working on enabling it. Also, there's references to a "survival" mode and some of the maps have NPCs on them.

That leaked beta has already been hacked to enable English and loading maps under MP mode, Forge appears to be in there and someone's currently working on enabling it. Also, there's references to a "survival" mode and some of the maps have NPCs on them.

Uh no. It had English from the get go. Probably just didn't bother to change it from the original game.

http://imgur.com/a/3ae5D

You could just sell skins Innova Systems, not his P2W bullshit

I know but it still infuriates me
Why do people keep saying this is a PTW there are several FTP games the are extremely well balanced, and from the looks of thing No one Weapon/armor IS better or stronger then the other. Warface does an incredible job at balancing their weapon armor, and the micro-transaction
I get the impression P2W is hugely popular in Russia, and accepted. The same kind of thing would not fly over here in the West, hence its existence there. Everyone's saying its a test bed and it'll be released here later, but it seems clear this is about having a Halo franchise there, in addition to the rest of the world. The two aren't going to cross over.
Warface started out as a beta in Russia and now its a growing in popularity in the states and other countries, they're holding tournaments,

But having it start in Russia Because that very reason FTP Fps are extremely popular, and seeing as halo isn't really popular due to the lack of Microsoft and console support.
This is a way to immerse new fans into the Halo universe, which is a great thing.

But people cant expect this nor think of this as a core halo Experience

Why do people keep saying this is a PTW there are several FTP games the are extremely well balanced, and from the looks of thing No one Weapon/armor IS better or stronger then the other. Warface does an incredible job at balancing their weapon armor, and the micro-transaction

Warface started out as a beta in Russia and now its a growing in popularity in the states and other countries, they're holding tournaments,

But having it start in Russia Because that very reason FTP Fps are extremely popular, and seeing as halo isn't really popular due to the lack of Microsoft and console support.
This is a way to immerse new fans into the Halo universe, which is a great thing.

But people cant expect this nor think of this as a core halo Experience

Uh, some weapons are straight up better than other weapons. There's a version of the AR that literally reads "better than the default in every conceivable way."

HTupolev

They're probably going to make it free for everyone. The collective outrage by the fans who bought it after December 19th will be more than those who bought it at launch.

'who cares if you bought it day one, you still get odst free, but why should I be punished because I kept it sealed till Christmas, rabble rabble rabble'.
It's likely that that was a major reason for choosing the date that they did. Move it forward by a week and you lose a lot of potential ODST sales.

Tawpgun

Uh, some weapons are straight up better than other weapons. There's a version of the AR that literally reads "better than the default in every conceivable way."
Lol at people who think it's possible to balance every single gun/ armor/perk/aa

It's impossible. The community will always find the strongest most effecient builds

Lol at people who think it's possible to balance every single gun/ armor/perk/aa

It's impossible. The community will always find the strongest most effecient builds

Well, I mean, that's always the case. MOBAs rely on that, really, and as long as it's well-managed it's not, in and of itself, a problem. The issue is when you can buy stuff that is just straight-up better than what other people have for real money.

Well, I mean, that's always the case. MOBAs rely on that, really, and as long as it's well-managed it's not, in and of itself, a problem. The issue is when you can buy stuff that is just straight-up better than what other people have for real money.

That's exactly what this is. MOBAS are different cause you are using currency you earned in that one game to buy items that, again, only last in that one game. If Halo Online is anything like other F2P FPS out there, you can throw down a lot more money to own instead of rent, and have an OP loadout. Hell, buying armor is already permanent, and those have stat boosts too.

Tl;Dr - FPS F2P games are WAAAAAAY different from MOBAs

Overdoziz

Banned
mate you rent weapons

Karl2177

He just modded the jump height

I'm pretty sure the signs on Snow Turf all read Russian, so I expect Halo Online might be Russian only. Plus I'm also pretty sure these maps wouldn't be compatibile with Halo 2 Anniversary, different engine and whatnot.

Not directly, but the raw geometry exists. Unless they've drastically changed their pipeline since the Bungie days, it wouldn't be that much work getting it ready.

Have a link to this stuff?

And we most definitely know the Balance mechanic and how it actually plays?
Im just saying while if give a major bonus from the standard weapon, FTP games the do thing right have a take away, movement might be slowed, or many other balancing mechanics

mate you rent weapons

Most of the weapons have major trade offs, This make the weapon specific to play-style,
You're a QCB kind guy get the increased damage , you lose accuracy and rate of fire though

You're more of a medium range person Take the standard weapon.

You're More of a long range person, Take the Sniper

There ae plenty of FPS FTP shooter that balances everything so that there are not Outstanding weapons that become the "best" it becomes a matter of preference

Sure is different from the traditional Arena halo, But this game is not that, its a spin off halo game, More in the vain of Halo wars and Spartan assault

Karl2177

And we most definitely know the Balance mechanic and how it actually plays?
Im just saying while if give a major bonus from the standard weapon, FTP games the do thing right have a take away, movement might be slowed, or many other balancing mechanics

Most of the weapons have major trade offs, This make the weapon specific to play-style,
You're a QCB kind guy get the increased damage , you lose accuracy and rate of fire though

You're more of a medium range person Take the standard weapon.

You're More of a long range person, Take the Sniper

There ae plenty of FPS FTP shooter that balances everything so that there are not Outstanding weapons that become the "best" it becomes a matter of preference

Sure is different from the traditional Arena halo, But this game is not that, its a spin off halo game, More in the vain of Halo wars and Spartan assault

Just because it's not a main line game doesn't mean that we can't criticize it. Also, why the hell would I pay for a weapon if I didn't get an advantage from using it?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's free for people who played the game before the 19th December. Everyone else will most likely have to pay.
Isn't it even more restricted than that? Like, only people who played up to a certain week before December 19th will get it or something?

Just because it's not a main line game doesn't mean that we can't criticize it. Also, why the hell would I pay for a weapon if I didn't get an advantage from using it?

But people are criticizing it for playing different, well that because its a different kind of game. Are you similarly critical of game like halo wars and Spartan assault?

And i never said there wasn't an advantage, but paying for the weapon does not mean that the player should gain an unfair advantage, and this is done via trade offs. Whether it be weapons stat trade of or game play trade off, Sure you gain advantages with certain stats, but its still balanced

tootsi666

But people are criticizing it for playing different, well that because its a different kind of game. Are you similarly critical of game like halo wars and Spartan assault?

And i never said there wasn't an advantage, but paying for the weapon does not mean that the player should gain an unfair advantage, and this is done via trade offs. Whether it be weapons stat trade of or game play trade off, Sure you gain advantages with certain stats, but its still balanced
Paying for guns, perks or abilities (especially if you're only renting) is a disgusting business model.

Ramirez

o_O

mate you rent guns
I understand that But that does not make it a bad game
Paying for guns, perks or abilities (especially if you're only renting) is a disgusting business model.
Why? there are several game that Do just that and do it very well, and also extremely well balanced,
what its not like the added these features in halo 5, its just a different game, and for the type of game it is it could be a good game.

Hell I have said it before i'd like to see a halo version of almost any kinf of game, as long as its done right it can be good.

Halo wars is a great halo game very entertaining fun to play, its a pretty decent RTS, and its likely the best console RTS out there. Spartan Assault is great, Its a very good top down shooter, the story is entertaining and its fun to play.

tumblr_nlvx20WRmm1uokpa1o1_1280.jpg

Just posted on the tumblr. Sully (Michael Sullivan from FuD) is a Communications Director at ONI.

dwells

Top Bottom