• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

wwm0nkey

1427424975034.png

1427425064080.png

1427425149511.png

1427425368075.png

NEED

So, why the hell does Halo online look so cool visually? Sure, it's weighed down by F2P BS, but the base game looks... like Halo. It looks like a really cool followup to Halo 3, and I really want to play it.

And they made a new, sexy Chopper!?

And Turf!?

Wtf, this game is such a frustrating tease.

Ramirez

Waaaaah 343 is ruining Halo!!

But please release a F2P bullshit game with unlocks, perks, and weapon attachments. What a tease!

Let's be consistent B O Y S.

wwm0nkey

But please release a F2P bullshit game with unlocks, perks, and weapon attachments. What a tease!

I really don't think anyone here wants to actually play the game with all the shit in it. I think most of us want it to come out so we can remove the shit and play Halo 3-ish game on PC

I mean im sure they would. But its really not their decision, its 343i and Microsoft's. It's their franchise and they can publish it wherever they want.

yeah I get that But at the same time. Would 343 really not release it in expanded markets if it does well, hell I think more people are trying to plays this thing out of region. Tons of people are trying to play it already.

So i think if there is a market for this releasing it in other market would be beneficial

We get one map for MCC and the fucking Russians get what, two remakes and a new map, and a free game?

How many cubic meters of natural gas do they have to sell to buy Recon?

Ramirez

I really don't think anyone here wants to actually play the game with all the shit in it. I think most of us want it to come out so we can remove the shit and play Halo 3-ish game on PC

Because the odds of them allowing you to mod a pay to win game are really high.

I personally think if done right the F2P can work great Wareface is pretty balances and popular,

And as long as you know what your playing(F2P and not Core halo)
then it should not be an issue

Personally i really want to play this. But i know its not going to play like the core halo games, its simply a spin off similar to Spartan assault its a completely different kind of game

wwm0nkey

Because the odds of them allowing you to mod a pay to win game are really high.

Eh seeing people already getting into this game already gives me hope. Its also cool to look at some of the designs. Turf, and Avalanche looks amazing and so does the Chopper.

Madness

I just don't like others playing something Halo that I don't get a chance to play for myself, let alone a shooter. If I can play Halo 4 for so long I can at least give this game a try. Hell I even remember playing that Mountain Dew game on my phone.

Nowise10

Re upload may haps (jokes)

How does it feel, you running around on it still?

It feels like a mod when playing on Valhalla, or Guardian. The other maps, it still feels pretty weird. Keep in mind, you don't have access to anything other then whats spawned on the map, so no Armor Abilities, or tactical packages, and whatnot.

This is exactly my thoughts.

It'll be a shame if Microsoft/saber/343 decide not to implement any form of customs ;)

Booshka

I just don't like others playing something Halo that I don't get a chance to play for myself, let alone a shooter. If I can play Halo 4 for so long I can at least give this game a try. Hell I even remember playing that Mountain Dew game on my phone.

This post is decent fodder for the Russian Troll Factory, talk shit about how Americans need to consume everything, especially when they are told it is not for them.

Computron

I want videos.

It feels like a mod when playing on Valhalla, or Guardian. The other maps, it still feels pretty weird. Keep in mind, you don't have access to anything other then whats spawned on the map, so no Armor Abilities, or tactical packages, and whatnot.

heavily modified halo 3 engine, I wonder if 360 mods can be ported with relative ease?

heavily modified halo 3 engine, I wonder if 360 mods can be ported with relative ease?
What about reverse engineering / modifying Halo 3 content from X360 to work with this? Longshot but it might be more possible now.

Not impossible to mod this game, but it'd definitely be difficult.

Nowise10

https://vine.co/v/O3TuUuOUQKd

Anyways that's probably it for me with the game under these circumstances. Not much to do once you've walked around. Its like Halo 3 and Halo 4 had a baby, and Halo 4 gave the most prominent genes. Not a bad deal for those Russian gamers. Though I hope the game atleast plays somewhat like Halo.

belushy

Banned
https://vine.co/v/O3TuUuOUQKd

Anyways that's probably it for me with the game under these circumstances. Not much to do once you've walked around. Its like Halo 3 and Halo 4 had a baby, and Halo 4 gave the most prominent genes. Not a bad deal for those Russian gamers. Though I hope the game atleast plays somewhat like Halo.

Wondering if someone can/will make a separate instance of the game, maybe make private servers and stuff(kinda like the Feenix stuff for WoW). Looks like a lot of stuff can't be accessed through the files, though.

Is anybody free for a few hours, tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday? Later in the day is best.

I want to try some tests of a game online. Might become a revival of Gaflo if it works out.

You'll need a Windows PC, Steam, internet connection and the ability to deal with (potentially) long pauses where I try and figure stuff out.

PM me if interested.

A looooooot of people are operating under the assumption that this is a standard PC game release, where you can mod and whatnot. It's not. It's tied to a service that requires access to their servers. Servers that also control microtransactions. Meaning any kind of tampering = ban.

Really hate being the party pooper, but it's not a reality.

Top Bottom