• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

I am extremely pleased with tonight. And Frankie said to temper our hype. pffft.

Better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. I think after last week, that's what they'd prefer fans do. People thought the countdown would be game play trailers, BTB trailers etc. But these trailers were well done. I wish I could download them some way. Every single trailer and video I have on my xbox 360. The starry night, odst, reach etc.

Better to underpromise and overdeliver than the other way around. I think after last week, that's what they'd prefer fans do. People thought the countdown would be game play trailers, BTB trailers etc. But these trailers were well done. I wish I could download them some way. Every single trailer and video I have on my xbox 360. The starry night, odst, reach etc.

check you PM

Ramirez

Cool to see we have up to 2 weeks to have a full population with multiplayer.

And if it came out in Sept, it'd just be a month. There's nothing 343 can do to stop the masses from jumping off to CoD.

The beta had a limited number of people and I had the most competitive Halo matchmaking experience I've ever had. We should really stop acting like we're not going to be able to get matches.

So I'm pretty sure that the girl Ellie from the HUNTtheTRUTH episode is the one who was sitting with Chief in the Starry Night trailer. She mentions sitting in the fields and staring at the stars with him when they were young.
W0Xvw7T.jpg

The quitting in MCC is atrocious... every time I want to play a match the other team seemingly bails after 2 minutes. How are they going to solve this? It didn't seem like people quit at all in the H5 beta, probably because there were some incentives to stay in a game but damn it is annoying as fuck.

Yeah the quitting is bad. Few matches ago, there was this lady and her kid (I'm assuming) on the other team. About 45 seconds into the match, she said, "I don't like this map, let's get out of here". Turning it into a 5v3 almost right at the start. Stuff like this really annoys me.

Tonight was a good night. I'm truly pumped for Halo 5's campaign.
They have us intrigued without spoiling too much. I really hope it stays that way going forward.

Keep pumping out these mysterious trailers and show off the wealth of multiplayer options at E3 instead, with just a tidbit of campaign-related content. The focus has to be on its multiplayer and proving to this grizzled fanbase that they need to invest another 10 years of their lives into this franchise. Fans are ready for whatever they throw at us in the campaign, ready to try it out, but not everyone gives a damn about Halo's multiplayer future.

Multiplayer has to be the thing they go all out with at this E3, perhaps presenting with a match on-stage using their new Spectator Mode. It's just all exciting, a new Halo game, new things to discuss!

The quitting in MCC is atrocious... every time I want to play a match the other team seemingly bails after 2 minutes. How are they going to solve this? It didn't seem like people quit at all in the H5 beta, probably because there were some incentives to stay in a game but damn it is annoying as fuck.

I think quit penalties are coming back in one of the next monthly updates.

-Ryn

Banned
Today is a good day for Halo

In other news: Clone John went missing. He ain't dead. He's a fighter, too. And a damn lucky one at that.
The twist is that Locke is the flash clone.
The twist is Locke is ONI's Arbiter.
The twist is Locke is a product of Thel's and John's DNA.
Every Locke has its Keyes.
tumblr_m4rocyT1XD1rn95k2o1_500.gif

Yeah it's interesting that the flash clone apparently didn't die off like a lot (or most) of the other ones. I think it's stated in TFOR that it's not *necessarily* a death sentence but every case we've seen the clones died (or I guess with Daisy were at least crippled.)
Wait...

So he's actually alive?

Holy shit

Oh, geez with this and:

...are we suggesting Lucas is writing the Storyline now?
Lucas is writing HaloGAF

Falls pretty close to my smaller sample size data as well. Don't suppose you would have access to the raw data?

Here is the export for the whole survey, have fun:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0xawyi920a6i86d/30-03-2015_246850_265283_ 0043655651_fulltext.xls?dl=0

Data key:

1. Answers to Multiple Choice questions are given in numeric form reflecting the order in which they appear, counted top to bottom.
2. Answers to Matrix questions are given as the column number counting from left to right.
3. 999999 = respondent selected the "other" option but did not specify a full answer.

TheXbox

So I'm pretty sure that the girl Ellie from the HUNTtheTRUTH episode is the one who was sitting with Chief in the Starry Night trailer. She mentions sitting in the fields and staring at the stars with him when they were young.
That is fucking bonkers. They are really pulling from the most obscure depths of Halo lore with this RNG, lol. First some super minor character from an old comic, now this chick from an eight year old commercial.

I love it.

Under-promise and over deliver. Yup.

Don't make a girl a promise...if you know you can't keep it.

~Return to scheduled hype~

Reposting from r/Halo:

"This may be reaching a bit, but the two moons in the background could mean that it's Sanghelios, which as far as I know is a red-tinted planet, not blue like in Locke's version. This, combined with Locke's visor showing a BR but him dropping a DMR shows an inconsistency in Locke's "side," making the first trailer the story Locke tells ONI."

Also the music for both trailers were actually amazing. If you heard it closely, both had vocals from the original Gregorian monks! Hype levels are rising fast!

Cortana's fault.

...actually. Mendicant Bias was kinda the one who orchestrated the whole closing of the portal to send chief to requiem to meet didact thing. so there's that.

MB has been the hidden orchestrator for quite some time now. I can't wait until that bit of lore is brought into the games proper.

El_Chino

Hey guys i mentioned this at the release date thread but would it be possible for Halo 5 to have campaign run at 30fps for graphical reasons and mp at 60fps for the smoothness?

Obscured

And if it came out in Sept, it'd just be a month. There's nothing 343 can do to stop the masses from jumping off to CoD.

The beta had a limited number of people and I had the most competitive Halo matchmaking experience I've ever had. We should really stop acting like we're not going to be able to get matches.

This is the exact thought I had as well. If the population is going to drop because of these other games then it is going to drop regardless. It would be great if the population is huge and there are a ton of people to play with and against even after other games drop, I'm not sure we live in that world anymore.

And here's the Mantle's Approach next to my.....ok I'm done.

That was my exact first thought when I read that, I was getting ready to pop open Photoshop, but then thought better of it, don't care to get banned right as things get interesting.

I like the tone of the spots. interested to see what they do with it and how it pertains to the game. As far as I recall there has never been a live action trailer that ended up being in the game (though the Didact capturing the Chief was in that game, sort of.)

I haven't been keeping up with the latest comics or books, anything in those that sheds light on what is going on here?

iFirez

How are you guys finding all the Halo Online info?

I loaded up the game at 3840x2160 and it runs flawlessly at 60fps... but that is just me alone. Anyway, I took some cinematic screenshots of the four 'new' maps you can find the full collection of large images here - http://imgur.com/a/EKlDx

1080p downsampled screenshots/panoramics

W0Xvw7T.jpg

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Such a cool reference. I'm really enjoying the Tumblr Blog, but I get a bad feeling from these trailers that we're going to be playing two separate campaigns with an unreliable narrator.

I just want a fun, sci fi story that makes some sense. :(

The more and more you start remembering about the events of Halo 4, Spartan Ops, and Escalation. That the prologue makes sense as to why Locke and Chief are about to pull the trigger. B'cuz Spartans never die.

Spartan Locke wants to replace the chief. And John won't stop at nothing to find her (Cortana). To fill in the void. His broken core. Struggling with his inner demons and whether he's man or machine. Agent Locke sees it as a weakness. Sees chief as a traitor, aiding a terrorist, and perhaps the real reason why New Phoenix was composed by the Didact.

How far will they go before either one will be "Missing. In. Action."?

Hire me 343.

Working on the skybox for the first map.

16768260007_0da1eb8ffa_h.jpg

It'll be a reimagination of a medium-to-small map from Halo. What map should the layout be? IDK, throw out stuff you guys like that fits those sizes and you'd like to play on.

Ramirez

Locke's commercial had way better dialog, and I thought the guy delivered them very well, why you on that hate train, Madness? ;P

Starkster

Neo Member
Wait...

So he's actually alive?

Holy shit

No.

The interviews set up by Commander Sullivan at ONI Section 2 are all actors, staged to appear as if they were a part of John's childhood. Dion (his teacher), Ellie and Katrina, all three fake. I'm not sure about the Insurrectionist survivor however. His story sounds both legitimate and very out of character for the innies.

In any case, the physical records that Giraud has in his possession from Elysium City detail that John died in 2517. His flash clone died months after he was abducted into the SPARTAN-II program, as that's what they were designed to do. The interviewees are fake. ONI is setting his history up to cover their asses.

Obscured

Locke is pro, doesn't need radar and hates DMRs, throws them away like garbage, I bet he doesn't even sprint.

Locke trailer is lockdown like you want it, Chief trailer is lockdown like it is. Lockedown, man this rabbit hole goes all the way down.

Top Bottom