• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I don't read the books, but from a game stand point I see no justification for Chief becoming some reckless asshole just because he lost Cortana.

It feels more natural if Chief is being used as a scapegoat and Locke is sent to silence the truth. Locke is being lied to as well.

Can anyone comment if some shit went down in the books?

I stopped reading them at Cole Protocol.

I don't read the books, but from a game stand point I see no justification for Chief becoming some reckless asshole just because he lost Cortana.

It feels more natural if Chief is being used as a scapegoat and Locke is sent to silence the truth. Locke is being lied to as well.

300px-Serin_Osman.jpg

640px-H2A-POT.jpg

HTupolev

Every Locke has its Keyes.
Locke leans down over the Chief to say some faux intimate Hollywood parting words. When he quips about what the Chief is going to do about it, the Chief suddenly replies "I need a weapon." The Keyes Pipe appears in his hand, and he runs it through Locke. Then he gets up and brushes himself off: "Every Locke has its Keyes."

MouldyK

Oh, geez with this and:

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE. IT WAS SAID THAT YOU WOULD DESTROY THE COVENANT NOT JOIN THEM"
"BRING BALANCE TO THE UNIVERSE, NOT LEAVE IT IN DARKNESS"

"IN MY OPINION THE HUMANS ARE EVIL"

"I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT ONI WERE PLOTTING TO TAKE OVER"

...are we suggesting Lucas is writing the Storyline now?

CliQ

Locke is bad guy in halo 5 until the end where chief tells him whats going on then Locke realizes hes made a mistake and together they take on the real bad guy.

Just tell me where to send my resume 343. I'll be waiting.

So the trailer I just saw was the exact opposite of the first one? The fuck?

One with John down, and the other with Locke down next to the statue. What does that mean?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
So I'm guessing that the trailers aren't depicting actual events in the game, and they're just an allegory for the two sides of the story? Locke thinks Master Chief caused the destruction, when it's actually ONI who caused it to turn Locke against him?

Locke kills Master Chief. Master Chief kills Locke. Dont give a shit.

Is the MP going to be any good or are you going to waste your time making garbage 15 second ads?

So I'm guessing that the trailers aren't depicting actual events in the game, and they're just an allegory for the two sides of the story? Locke thinks Master Chief caused the destruction, when it's actually ONI who caused it to turn Locke against him?

I think that neither side is going to be 100% correct. Chief is ultimately responsible for the destruction, but he didn't betray anybody.

Locke kills Master Chief. Master Chief kills Locke. Dont give a shit.

Is the MP going to be any good or are you going to waste your time making garbage 15 second ads?

No one cares about Halo mp any more. Campaign all the wayyyyyyyyyyy. It's the only thing that could possibly be any good in 5. The threads are just too palpable.

I have 6 tabs of Halo open.

Today is a good day.

Keep going you're so close to 50 shades of Halo mate :)

I don't think the Halo trailers have ever been actual events from the games, no?

I bet a fiver they end up working together.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
No one cares about Halo mp any more. Campaign all the wayyyyyyyyyyy. It's the only thing that could possibly be any good in 5. The threads are just too palpable.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting an Xbox One anytime soon, but I'm definitely going to be following what happens in the campaign.

Fuchsdh

Maybe.

Halo live action trailers have always been essentially thematic, having only minor relation to the actual plot (Starry Night, Remember Reach, Deliver Hope, Scanned, et al).

So I think the trailers might just be hinting at how the story is going to focus on both protagonists and their view of what is the truth, like you say.

How the devastated planet figures in is anyone's best guess at this point.

Everything is canon. Even when Bonnie Ross speaks in riddles on stages it's canon.

Cortana Letters are canon.

CliQ

they need to make one where lock is standing up on a pilar, cheif comes off the pelican, and he aims his pistol at the knocked over statue

then one where lock comes off the pelican and aims MC at a pistol on the ground

RoKKeR

Really digging this approach to marketing, it's very smart IMO. Gets people talking beyond "oh hey that was a cool trailer I guess".

Roll on October.

Welfare

If Halo 5 is going the Black Ops 2 route for campaign where decisions can affect the campaigns story, I'm hyped.

#notbashing

Top Bottom