• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

AlStrong

29RcJT1.gif

2qOYfeb.gif

Pennybags

If this round of marketing has anything at all to do with the story, I'm going with this:

Whatever castrophe is shown in both trailers happens as a concrete event in-game, with both characters present for different reasons. Each sees the carnage as the result of the other's actions.

MC and Locke have their dukeout and argument at this location but it won't come to full execution-styled dramatics as seen.

CliQ

I really hope we dont spend too much time on Infinity. I'm kind of tired of fighting in tiny linear corridors on ships. Halo needs to spread its wings and go ultra large scale.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is that infinity on fire up there?

Fucked up in both trailers too.

Something massive must have happened for the largest ship in the fleet to get fucked up like that. Looks really cool just floating there though.

What usually happens when the Infinity shows up:
SrxJCPO.gif

Madness

Um ok I wasn't serious and you don't have any knowledge about how the forum site works in comparison to gaf. It comprises of former and current gaffers. No banning (as far as I know) and there's no approval to join.

Ok

I literally wrote what you did word for word in that "it's the closest thing to NeoGAF", than NeoGAF itself. What do I care if there is some forum offshoot of random, former and current, GAF'ers? HGS is literally like 15-20+ people from HaloGAF unfiltered. Whether you would like/appreciate that is another matter.

If this round of marketing has anything at all to do with the story, I'm going with this:

Whatever castrophe is shown in both trailers happens as a concrete event in-game, with both characters present for different reasons. Each sees the carnage as the result of the other's actions.

MC and Locke have their dukeout and argument at this location but it won't come to full execution-styled dramatics as seen.

No it won't because Arbiter will show up just in time and knock them both the fuck out and bring them to his ship to tell them about the #realthreat.

Granadier

Chief and Halsey teaming up to take on the humans this time. Covenant weren't enough of a challenge.

Roll credits.

Fucked up in both trailers too.

Something massive must have happened for the largest ship in the fleet to get fucked up like that. Looks really cool just floating there though.

What usually happens when the Infinity shows up:
SrxJCPO.gif

Keep in mind that just 'cause the Infinity is the biggest ship in the UNSC doesn't mean it's the biggest kid on the block. That honor still goes to the Covenant CAS Supercarriers, which could dismantle the Infinity fairly easily.

Madness

I really liked these live action trailers. Really well done. Got me hyped for the story at least.

Edit: But is this part of advertising or will it come to fruition? Because there is no guarantee this is anything more than advertising, sort of like pancho chief in the desert. Crazy that the Infinity is messed up in bothl trailers.

I really liked these live action trailers. Really well done. Got me hyped for the story at least.

Edit: But is this part of advertising or will it come to fruition? Because there is no guarantee this is anything more than advertising, sort of like pancho chief in the desert. Crazy that the Infinity is messed up in bothl trailers.

I just don't see 343 canonizing an old ad from 10 years ago while releasing a couple non canon ads. I think it's all deliberate, and it's not the first time they've done something like this, either.

Granadier

Keep in mind that just 'cause the Infinity is the biggest ship in the UNSC doesn't mean it's the biggest kid on the block. That honor still goes to the Covenant CAS Supercarriers, which could dismantle the Infinity fairly easily.

I think you underestimate the Infinity.

qynNS15.png

source

also the Covenant are friends now mmk

Fuchsdh

That's a standard carrier. The CSO supercarrier is significantly larger.
Edit: There's also noncanon vessels on that chart, which may confuse things.

I assumed the ship the Infinity crashes into in that cutscene is the same type we see throughout Halo 4—the smaller CRS ships which are just 300 meters long. Not that hard to believe the Infinity could plow through them, especially decelerating from light speed.

Also you guys are using the wrong charts. The only authoritative ones are what Loftus puts out:

http://halo.bungie.org/misc/sloftus_scalecomparison/1280h.html

Puts some perspective on how big the Dyson Sphere from Ghosts of Onyx is.

Perhaps Master Chief has been screwing up because the Librarian woke up the Didact's geas in him...and since the Didact was still alive when it happened, he literally got inside of his head.

Remember that part in the Halo 4 campaign, where the Didact was taunting John, and Cortana couldn't hear anything? Now...he's DOING things he isn't aware of, or in control...the enemy is WITHIN.

Maybe everyone's finally acknowledged that unleashing the Didact was actually Master Chief's fault.

Cortana's fault.

...actually. Mendicant Bias was kinda the one who orchestrated the whole closing of the portal to send chief to requiem to meet didact thing. so there's that.

MS needs to make MCC free for gold members after they get done patching it otherwise the population will be to small to make the game consistently fun.

Halo 5 SP looks interesting but the story in Halo 4 wasn't all that great. Hope they largely ignore the events of that game.

Ghazi

MS needs to make MCC free for gold members after they get done patching it otherwise the population will be to small to make the game consistently fun.

Halo 5 SP looks interesting but the story in Halo 4 wasn't all that great. Hope they largely ignore the events of that game.
Hold on, I want to get the game fixed first. We've got a long ride ahead of us, and I doubt it'll ever be fully fixed :(

RoKKeR

The quitting in MCC is atrocious... every time I want to play a match the other team seemingly bails after 2 minutes. How are they going to solve this? It didn't seem like people quit at all in the H5 beta, probably because there were some incentives to stay in a game but damn it is annoying as fuck.

Tzeentch

I just don't see 343 canonizing an old ad from 10 years ago while releasing a couple non canon ads. I think it's all deliberate, and it's not the first time they've done something like this, either.
Noncanon ad campaigns don't make other noncanon ads canon. Unless I'm missing something?

Top Bottom