• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
No.

The interviews set up by Commander Sullivan at ONI Section 2 are all actors, staged to appear as if they were a part of John's childhood. Dion (his teacher), Ellie and Katrina, all three fake. I'm not sure about the Insurrectionist survivor however. His story sounds both legitimate and very out of character for the innies.

In any case, the physical records that Giraud has in his possession from Elysium City detail that John died in 2517. His flash clone died months after he was abducted into the SPARTAN-II program, as that's what they were designed to do. The interviewees are fake. ONI is setting his history up to cover their asses.
Aww...

Well that's kind of a bummer.
What else can you really expect from ONI though. They probably eat babies.

I'm really excited to see where 343 is taking this though. What with Chief having to deal with his own humanity and all the shady events going on after the end of the war, this could be a roller coaster ride of epic proportions. It's great to see the Halo hype train is firing up again.

Now if they can just make Super Invasion...

Is Edge just copying areas of Spartan Ops and making a mid-size map out of it?

Oh, geez with this and:

...are we suggesting Lucas is writing the Storyline now?
Master Chief is the hero of Covenant conflict which nearly annihilated the whole human race. He was thought dead. Re-emerging after the disaster of New Phoenix, it is easily to understand that the general consensus of the Master Chief is the portrayal of a savior in times of need. So I am thinking it fits.

The line is still cheesy though.

Anyway, I got excited for Guardians. Both ads are great. They ain't as good as previous one, but 4's live ad had not been that great either. (Except for the introduction of the E3 presentation, but it only works with the gameplay segment afterwards)

#WeBack?

OZeELjd.jpg

-Ryn

Banned
So I had a thought regarding Forerunner weapons.

What if instead of just being a 3rd set of almost the same weapon types, a select few of the current ones were kept and treated strictly as semi power weapons or power weapons? With 343's while "tier" system it sounds likely imo. They could even add in some more "exotic" weapons to spice it up.

Just an idea to make Forerunner stuff seem less quaint.

Best I can do in GIF form.

JoyousCourteousDarwinsfox.gif
Cross quote from the Hunt the Truth thread

This is pretty cool

Time to get out the bubbly

What if instead of just being a 3rd set of almost the same weapon types, a select few of the current ones were kept and treated strictly as semi power weapons or power weapons? With 343's while "tier" system it sounds likely imo. They could even add in some more "exotic" weapons to spice it up.
I liked the way the Light Rifle felt in H5 beta. It was a bit more powerful than a DMR or BR, but it was very hard to handle and has to be picked up on the map. In general I felt that powerweapons were not so cheap one-hit kills but demanded more skill compared to H4

IHaveIce

Banned
man it really gets on my nerves how the achievements in the MCC are not working as intended another campaign mission I have to do twice because after after a quit and resume it thought I never finished it completely

Akai__

man it really gets on my nerves how the achievements in the MCC are not working as intended another campaign mission I have to do twice because after after a quit and resume it thought I never finished it completely

You are not allowed to save & quit the last checkpoint from each level. If you resume from there, it won't count for anything (time, score and completion).

mcrommert

Banned

Just an idea to make Forerunner stuff seem less quaint.

Cross quote from the Hunt the Truth thread

This is pretty cool

Time to get out the bubbly

I mean wasn't that how the light rifle was used in the halo beta? I was more powerful than the dmr and was something that seemed to be on a timer right under rockets and sniper

Akai__

fantastic

I was doing all those speedruns, without knowing that. Always wondered, why my time didn't count, until some guys chatted about it in a speedrun channel.

Now that I know this, it's much much easier. Manipulating checkpoints to your advantage and getting infinite tries got me all the "under 3 hours" achievements pretty easy.

Now I'm doing them for a friend. :D

IHaveIce

Banned
I was doing all those speedruns, without knowing that. Always wondered, why my time didn't count, until some guys chatted about it in a speedrun channel.

Now that I know this, it's much much easier. Manipulating checkpoints to your advantage and getting infinite tries got me all the "under 3 hours" achievements pretty easy.

Man I have to check that out as well. I really don't have the patience to play through some of the Halo 4 missions again because of it lol

How exactly do you manipulate the checkpoints? I kind of want to know. I still need those achievements.

Akai__

How exactly do you manipulate the checkpoints? I kind of want to know. I still need those achievements.

There's multiple ways:

- Skipping enemy loading zones can give you a checkpoint.
- Skipping level/map loading zones completely can give you a checkpoint.
- Going through a previous loading zone can deload enemies and give you a checkpoint.
- etc.

I'd just suggest to watch Naked Eli's speedrun guide. He is very good at explaining every trick the speedrunners have come up with. Try and replicate the tricks and if you don't hit the trick, you can Save & Quit the mission and try it again. Your timer will always reset to the point, where you hit the last Checkpoint the first time.

Fuchsdh

There's multiple ways:

- Skipping enemy loading zones can give you a checkpoint.
- Skipping level/map loading zones completely can give you a checkpoint.
- Going through a previous loading zone can deload enemies and give you a checkpoint.
- etc.

I'd just suggest to watch Naked Eli's speedrun guide. He is very good at explaining every trick the speedrunners have come up with. Try and replicate the tricks and if you don't hit the trick, you can Save & Quit the mission and try it again. Your timer will always reset to the point, where you hit the last Checkpoint the first time.

Yeah Eli's guides are very helpful because a lot of speed runs they don't really explain what they're doing.

It's also worth noting that you don't need to get par time on every mission to get the achievement (for example in CE you've got an extra thirty minutes of time above the individual mission thresholds.) So if you're getting stuck on a certain mission, leave it for later.

For the most part you don't have to do some of the more crazy tricks, although it certainly helps (like the AOTCR bridge descent.)

Akai__

Why can't we get just get BR/SMG or BR/AR starts like in the H5 Beta?

Also, under every playlist it says: "A selection of fan-favorite <insert gametypes> from <insert Halo game>."

Yeah, my fan-favorite map and gametype combination is clearly Isolation AR starts...

I find it hard to believe, that the majority of people prefer to play this. When I was playing Halo 3, maps like Isolation, Snowbound, Cold Storage and Assembly were an insta veto. Didn't even take a second.

gAg CruSh3r

Just help me pay shipping and it is yours. US only. I am in NorCal

To enter, just shoot me a PM with the subject title "MCC POSTER GIVEAWAY" Give me a good reason why you should have it as well. I will choose one and post the winner on here on Friday, March 3rd at 10AM PST.

Received this at the Halo panel at PAX Prime last fall. It is signed by Kiki Wolfkill, Max Hoberman, Paul Lipson (Sound dude), and our very own Stinkles aka Frank O'connor (this is where he answered my question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnryDAX5t3g ).

It is 18" x 24". I have had it rolled up in a cardboard tube since I received it at PAX. The rubberband that is wrapped around came from the wonderful Jessica Shea aka BS Angel who just happened to have a rubberband for me to roll it with when I asked her at the H2A station (THANKS AGAIN!). It is hard to take pictures of it because it keeps rolling back up, but here are some.

Wow that's awesome of you! Also do you mean April 3rd? :)

Top Bottom