• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

Reveal what is in the CE so UK websites start taking Preorders so I can throw down some money please.

This too. At least wait to see what's in the collectors and limited editions before pre-ordering.

Edit: forgot Amazon doesn't charge a cent till it's shipped, and most probably pre-order with just $10 etc.

Wjy preorder something you really dont know much about besides some part of the MP? And with how slow 343 is working on MCC, they probably stopped caring about the MCC playerbase. Yay new Patch this month, but there is still so much to do for MCC, that thing wont be fixd and improved until Fall or later lol
And at that time? Star Wars time for me.

I will maybe get H5 for the campaign and some mp, but the game im hyped and excited for is Battlefront.

I enjoyed the beta and it was enough for me to make a decision. I'm also getting Battlefront, so I'm looking forward to that also.

Yeah, I know I'm going to be buying it day 1, and probably preordering, but no way in hell am I doing so before they lay out what's in the boxes :p

SaganIsGOAT

Hope there is decent snow up in the Sierra's for you this Tuesday, if you are still working resorts and shit.

I'll be watching Streams for Halo 5, like I've been doing for MCC, don't even have a PS4 right now, Xbone is way down the line, if ever. Getting a PS4, then upgrading GFX card in PC, Xbone, uhhh, why.

It snowed maybe an inch in South Tahoe last night. Some flakes are falling right now.

Yeah, I know I'm going to be buying it day 1, and probably preordering, but no way in hell am I doing so before they lay out what's in the boxes :p
I'm in the same boat, i loved the beta, and am confident that they won't let the game be broken, especially since the franchise is probably damaged for the long term by the past couple releases, but i want to know what's in the editions before i put money down on it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

I pre-ordered the $250 edition. Not a huge deal because I can cancel whenever on Amazon. If it turns out awesome I'll keep it, if not I'll drop it.

I'm curious if 343 is capable of creating a map smaller than Truth but is still playable with armor abilities without breaking it?

Wasn't Empire/Eden smaller than Truth? It felt that way, anyway.

Regardless, now that they've lowered the sprint speed, I'd imagine they could make things a bit more compact, at least horizontally. Clamber and Ground Pound necessitate a little more verticality, but frankly that's not such a bad thing.

Just got 19 assists in a Halo 4 Skyline TS game.
DP4n0LU.png
Felt like I was getting a lot of assists, but damn.. Bursted out laughing when I saw it lol

343 is still at guarded risk for me, so I remain cautiously optimistic.

unrelated, wonder what kind of promotion battlefront is going to have. If they don't have a special/limited edition that comes with a lightsaber or replica E-11 I'll be upset

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I want to get the collectors edition but I am like 99.999% positive that there will be a special edition Xbox One available. 1TB HDD give it to me. I am getting that for sure.

For now I have limited edition pre-ordered. Probably going to keep that even if I buy the console. Considering I don't buy many games, when it comes to Halo I don't look at my wallet.

343 is still at guarded risk for me, so I remain cautiously optimistic.

unrelated, wonder what kind of promotion battlefront is going to have. If they don't have a special/limited edition that comes with a lightsaber or replica E-11 I'll be upset

It's either going to be absolutely insane, or they're not going to bother 'cause they figure the general Episode VIII marketing push will carry the day.

Regardless, now that they've lowered the sprint speed, I'd imagine they could make things a bit more compact, at least horizontally. Clamber and Ground Pound necessitate a little more verticality, but frankly that's not such a bad thing.
I have no clue. Haven't played the beta.

Would be cool to mix game types per round. For example, start off with Ricochete, then round two Crossfire, and if round 3 plays a new type begins. Think Kill zone 2. Halo 5 could really benefit this mix mode having each mode escalate the match per round.

J4mm1nJ03

I have no clue. Haven't played the beta.

Would be cool to mix game types per round. For example, start off with Ricochete, then round two Crossfire, and if round 3 plays a new type begins. Think Kill zone 2. Halo 5 could really benefit this mix mode having each mode escalate the match per round.

I'm really surprised that no one else has tried to copy the Warzone mode. I've always liked it.

Madness

It's either going to be absolutely insane, or they're not going to bother 'cause they figure the general Episode VIII marketing push will carry the day.

Disney and EA will market the shit out of it. I imagine we'll be in full on hype mode for Force Awakens and they'll probably run wicked trailers nonstop. It's not so much it's a DICE game, but it's a Battlefront game after so long, and tying into a movie after so long. Still feel the game should've been September. Going to be tough against Call of Duty and Battlefront back to back.

Disney and EA will market the shit out of it. I imagine we'll be in full on hype mode for Force Awakens and they'll probably run wicked trailers nonstop. It's not so much it's a DICE game, but it's a Battlefront game after so long, and tying into a movie after so long. Still feel the game should've been September. Going to be tough against Call of Duty and Battlefront back to back.

Yeah. They've got the momentum atm, though, for whatever that's worth.

BeforeU

how long has it been in development?

man if Microsoft is also marketing this front and center, then its gonna be insane. COD, Battlefront and Halo.

Ghazi

Everything H5 is done inhouse at 343. Quinn confirmed that to me when the beta was around. IMO it felt like that. The maps were really made around the new abilites etc.

Unlike H4 stuff which felt cluttered and without any plan.

That does seem to be what they're doing this time around. The H5 maps were done in-house, and they all played pretty well (53% win statistic aside).
Good, smart thing to do.

I did not know this, was this in the list of changes they made after the beta? Admittedly, I've forgotten a lot of the changes. At the same time, I still wish the spartan charge animation would be taken out. Surely they can just consolidate it into the actual thruster ability? But, at the same time, maybe that'd make it easy to spam. I just dislike the animation for it, feels very jarring.

Good, smart thing to do.

I did not know this, was this in the list of changes they made after the beta? Admittedly, I've forgotten a lot of the changes. At the same time, I still wish the spartan charge animation would be taken out. Surely they can just consolidate it into the actual thruster ability? But, at the same time, maybe that'd make it easy to spam. I just dislike the animation for it, feels very jarring.

Yeah, they dropped sprint speed and raised move speed; by how much, I don't think they said, but still, any decrease could (theoretically) correspond to map size.

Spartan Charge is... I dunno, honestly. I saw it whiff as often as it hit, so that's good (skill gap, woo), but on the other hand it's kind of powerful when it works. Had no problems with the animation, though.

Chitown B

D...Did you not play MCC at all then?
Halo Anny is VERY focused on the Arbiter--from the H5 teaser cinematics to the new terminal cutscenes.

I saw the one cinematic on the intro. But the H2A stuff was H2 stuff, not H5 stuff. Unless I completely read it wrong.

Ghazi

Yeah, they dropped sprint speed and raised move speed; by how much, I don't think they said, but still, any decrease could (theoretically) correspond to map size.

Spartan Charge is... I dunno, honestly. I saw it whiff as often as it hit, so that's good (skill gap, woo), but on the other hand it's kind of powerful when it works. Had no problems with the animation, though.

Ah, I looked it up, yes you're right. That was one of the changes I liked! As for Spartan Charge, maybe I just need to give it another try.

BeforeU

does either side really need marketing priority for battlefront, I see this game selling by the store loads for both consoles tbh

huh? Marketing deals benefit sony/microsoft than publishers. I mean publishers sure do get extra money and free marketing of their game. But at the end they will sell the same amount with or without the marketing deal. However, for hardware companies, they can potentially make people buy their hardware to play the game.

-Ryn

Banned
I highly doubt the actual map size will change but there could be minor tweaks to the geometry like for jumps and whatnot.

I just want to know what's in that LE that could possibly make it worth an extra $190. I could almost buy a Wii U with that. If it's just a regular ol' statue I'll be sad.

Ominym

Banned
Y'all buying Halo 5 at launch are the reason MCC is such an abomination

Redbox it then decide if it's worth your money

That was my plan, but the fucking RedBoxes around here still don't have current gen games.

It would take a monumental outpouring of love from the community a bit after launch to get my purchase. Hope it happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

BeforeU

I highly doubt the actual map size will change but there could be minor tweaks to the geometry like for jumps and whatnot.

I just want to know what's in that LE that could possibly make it worth an extra $190. I could almost buy a Wii U with that. If it's just a regular ol' statue I'll be sad.

Comparing apples to oranges. One is a collectable piece limited quantity for fans and other is just a console. I dont think people who are willing to drop 250$ on it would even think about that lol

And to my knowledge its just going to be LE + the statue. Hopefully there are other goodies too. Like soundtrack, full art book, collectables. Etc.

Dub117

On the new hunt the truth
I haven't read any of John's early years books, but does he not remember his real parents? Or was he lied to and tricked into thinking this other story was true so he would feel like he wanted to join the military?

-Ryn

Banned
Comparing apples to oranges. One is a collectable piece limited quantity for fans and other is just a console. I dont think people who are willing to drop 250$ on it would even think about that lol

And to my knowledge its just going to be LE + the statue. Hopefully there are other goodies too. Like soundtrack, full art book, collectables. Etc.
lol My point is that the "limited" aspect only does so much to boost appeal.

Before this, LE's never went over $150. This is a $100 extra and if past games are any indication, they aren't really all that rare after launch. So what justifies this extra $100 because a shinier statue sure as hell doesn't cut it imo.
I've gotten every LE if that matters

They haven't revealed anything regarding either edition yet really to my knowledge.

On the new hunt the truth
I haven't read any of John's early years books, but does he not remember his real parents? Or was he lied to and tricked into thinking this other story was true so he would feel like he wanted to join the military?

Well, he was kidnapped at 6, so his memories of home are foggy at best (not that he spends much time dwelling on them).

And no, he wasn't lied to. One of Halsey's Establishing Character Moments was her refusal to make up a fiction to ease the kids into things. They were told straight-up that they were kidnapped.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna play some MCC later tonight?

Statues if anything are a reason for me not to buy the limited editions of things. Absolutely hate this trend.
I feel ya. The only extras I ever care about are in-game stuff. I simply don't want physical items, especially big bulky things like statues. I'd look at them once or twice and then give them away. This is part of the reason why I haven't bought a collector's edition version of a game since Halo 2.

-Ryn

Banned
Statues if anything are a reason for me not to buy the limited editions of things. Absolutely hate this trend.
I feel ya. The only extras I ever care about are in-game stuff. I simply don't want physical items, especially big bulky things like statues. I'd look at them once or twice and then give them away. This is part of the reason why I haven't bought a collector's edition version of a game since Halo 2.
I'm getting a bit bored with LE's always being statues really.

I don't mind physical bonuses (I like collectibles) but I'd like it to have some use besides looking pretty on a shelf.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
punks

7zHViAh.gif

Very fucking funny granadier, fuck you.

XrvKy2c.gif

Oh god what have I done?

ABORT!!

LwXkHqg.gif

Top Bottom