• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Akai__

How many 50s do you think there are in MCC? Who would they play with if they could only be matched with players 45 and up?

How many low level players do you think there are in Halo 3 on Xbox 360? Who do you think they get matched with? Players like you, just like in the MCC.

All I'm saying is, that a ranking system should match you according to skill. I don't know how that's a problem?

It's not the players fault, that the MP in MCC doesn't work as intended and unexperienced players shouldn't be punished, by playing against really good people. They should get the chance to get better, by ranking up and play with people similiar to their skill.

Maybe +/-5 ranks isn't ideal, but Halo 3's ranking system was nearly perfect in terms of matching people according to skill. I never had games, that ended 50-15 in ranked. It just sucks that Halo has become a brainless dongfest, since Reach.

AlStrong

How would you guys feel about bigger weapon models displayed when not wielded? For example, grenades would be the size of basketballs on the ground.

That's pretty much what CE did, no?

Alternatively, adding a slight glow over them would probably be more effective with seeing them on the maps. Don't the weapons in Gears glow when on the ground? It's a nice subtle touch and would make them easier to spot.

Yeah, in Gears 3 at least, there's a white sheen that cycles over dropped weapons.

For the map weapons, I think they may have had outlines once you got closer, plus they were floating in the air. IIRC, Judgment made it more like UT with the plinthes underneath.

Mix

Orion > Pegasus
Eden > Empire
Regret = Truth

Let it be known. On top of that, I'm not playing without a full team anymore, I am tired of having random teammates go 4-15 when Ian and I go 18-3 and 17-6. Games keep ending like 49-50 and it's just no fun that way. Matchmaking needs work before release.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
New content out?

Classes have started up again and I've failed to keep up with news.

jem0208

I really like Orion. Other than some shitty lighting it's great.

For some reason I got serious Halo 3 vibes from it. It also felt kinda big team battle-esque.

I can't wait to see how vehicles are going to play in 5.

Yeah, i find myself having problems aiming when someone jumps above me and just get engulfed by the sunlight. It looks cool, yeah, but that doesn't mean shit when your dead because you got cheated by the fucking lighting lol.

-Ryn

Banned
Yeah, i find myself having problems aiming when someone jumps above me and just get engulfed by the sunlight. It looks cool, yeah, but that doesn't mean shit when your dead because you got cheated by the fucking lighting lol.
If only you could be so grossly incandescent

PRAISE THE SUN

My Bro-in-law is a teacher for special ed kids who are a bit higher functionality. One of his kids asked if he could get him some Halo novels. Naturally, he asked if I could let his student borrow them.

That kid is about to have the reading of a lifetime. Wish I could let my bro in law keep them for his classroom.

-Ryn

Banned
The only gross incandescence that belongs in Halo is the plasma grenade stuck to your space diaper.
wyedeUf.gif

Excuse me? Where can I read about grenade and rocket changes? Or was that just weird silly stuff that went right over my head?
The sun can now be used to assault the enemies face

Purely based on speculation that Grenades might gravitate towards enemy players now and that rockets have a slightly larger hitbox along with being set off by auto fire.

My Bro-in-law is a teacher for special ed kids who are a bit higher functionality. One of his kids asked if he could get him some Halo novels. Naturally, he asked if I could let his student borrow them.

That kid is about to have the reading of a lifetime. Wish I could let my bro in law keep them for his classroom.
That's kickass. Good on ya dude.

Spreading the good word!

This type of player team position has been present in the last few games, if I recall correctly. The team positions 1-4 should calculate KDR and assists etc for who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. Thoughts?

95hrGY8.jpg

Here I'm the only player on our team with a positive KDR and equal with most assists and the least deaths in a slayer game but I finish 2nd? That's not right. I didn't get the final post carnage screen though so perhaps that does the team finish positions better...

Also like RAM's post yesterday here was another moment where the rockets didn't fire on the first button press:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/42f5f114-f101-4b91-87a6-739243ebe1b7

Not sure what happened here but it says + - 76 in the post game:
aK16R4X.jpg

Here's a sniper through the wall shot, I saw the high up distance enemy has a snipe and moved but it appears to go through the wall to kill me:
http://xboxclips.com/Ozzy+Onya+A2Z/de1bf61f-2a10-49ac-a014-c77afa9693df

One other point to mention on it's own is the Strongholds post carnage report doesn't show player captures/defends in the statistics but they show in game on the back scoreboard. I think they should factor into player positioning as well.

jem0208

This type of player team position has been present in the last few games, if I recall correctly. The team positions 1-4 should calculate KDR and assists etc for who is 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th. Thoughts?

95hrGY8.jpg

Here I'm the only player on our team with a positive KDR and equal with most assists and the least deaths in a slayer game but I finish 2nd? That's not right. I didn't get the final post carnage screen though so perhaps that does the team finish positions better...

Also like RAM's post yesterday here was another moment where the rockets didn't fire on the first button press:

It definitely promotes kills over everything else, however after that I'm not sure. I've had an equal number of kills, far more assists and less deaths but been 2nd rather than 1st.

Karl2177

95hrGY8.jpg

You only contributed 12 points to the team, the other guy contributed 13 points. I could see an argument for placing based on spread, but then you'd get into the issue of a guy who went 20-15 being second to a guy who went 6-0.

You only contributed 12 points to the team, the other guy contributed 13 points. I could see an argument for placing based on spread, but then you'd get into the issue of a guy who went 20-15 being second to a guy who went 6-0.

IMO that's not an issue, the latter put a positive 6 points where the 20-15 only put 5. It's the positive/negative points that matter. I think assists have to factor in as well. I've seen players in many Halo games have double digits assists and positive KDR to only be ranked 4th in their team etc.

I can understand the simplicity of the 13 vs 12 kills but it doesn't promote team work in a ranked playlist IMO. Including KDR and an assist weighting similar to the Halo 4 points system for player positioning promotes team play while reducing the rambo solo efforts.

I wonder what the current H5 system does with players going 13k 20d vs. 12k 9d? Anyone know?

Points wig out like that when you promote/demote between ranks.

Thanks. Is it +7 and -6 or just mislabelled +76? I think that game we went a shutout Stronghold 100 vs. 0 and I went something like 15/20k 3/5d.

Frankie pliss. Save the Magnum, save Halo.

I've been teetering on that fineeee line of buying this game lol, but I know I shouldn't! Too many games, too little time.. I still want to try it out though as it's the first CoD I've been genuinely interested in in quite some time (talking about Advanced Warfare for those who didn't click the link).

Booshka

I've been teetering on that fineeee line of buying this game lol, but I know I shouldn't! Too many games, too little time.. I still want to try it out though as it's the first CoD I've been genuinely interested in in quite some time (talking about Advanced Warfare for those who didn't click the link).

#FreeT2
#HaloStruggle

VinFTW

I was the same way. First CoD I was genuinely interested in since MW2. Answer: Don't.

Netcode online is still shit and it feels the same for us casual CoD players. Movement is awesome, but in the end, it feels not that different to me.

So I'm spectating GrizzNKev for shits and giggles and realized something. Spectators aren't shown killcams by default. And guess what? IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!

@Ram - you can clock off now, your Halo work is done.

@Cliq - you freak :)

I'm probably the only one hyped about the Halo 4 playlist coming back but it'll be the only place to get my thruster fix when the beta is done.

Now if only I could get a party going that actually works properly that would be a true miracle.

I'll be glad to see it back, as long as it's post TU. CTF and BTB were fun with the later variants and updates.

I'm probably the only one hyped about the Halo 4 playlist coming back but it'll be the only place to get my thruster fix when the beta is done.

Now if only I could get a party going that actually works properly that would be a true miracle.

So I win best Breakout kill of the entire beta. Seriously it was the greatest kill.

http://xboxclips.com/xCliQuEx/e719bab7-e8f5-4685-9932-80b094e5ec81
Off that block you should thrust after you jump for that split second difference in grabbing the BR.

Nope, my friends and I have been itching to play some Halo 4 lol

Thoughts on the H5 Sword/Bane?

Thoughts on the H5 Sword/Bane?

Frankly I haven't had enough side by side time to see how much better bane is. And while the ads function for the sword may be neat for when you're just out of reach I can't see myself using it too much. It's still best to use it as we always have. As in always draw the enemy in close and then catch them coming around a corner. Or cut them off with Sprint so they run into your sword while trying to reroute.

But in those situations the zoom function is almost not needed, and I'd prefer to keep my motion tracker up while trying to rush especially on maps like truth. Plus having to click it off just to get Sprint back is more annoying than its worth. Neat idea and maybe if it had even more range it'd feel like a more powerful power weapon but as it is I'm still using it the same old way.

What's also going on is the whole sandbox is stronger and faster so in general it's not quite as strong as Halo 4s or Reachs.
But hey all the weapons are usuable so that's cool

The speed boost from Bane is far more valuable than the ADS, and its still trash for the most part.

Well yeah, but it's much harder to run up on anyone in this game. So let them come to you. It's still great if you're sticking with a partner and can hold a tower down.

Ramirez

Well yeah, but it's much harder to run up on anyone in this game. So let them come to you. It's still great if you're sticking with a partner and can hold a tower down.

Eh, pretty much a non factor in every game I play. Just went a whole game and neither team picked it up, lol.

Munch is HaloGAF's Sword Savior; he's a master with that shit.

What were you ranked again?
Eh, pretty much a non factor in every game I play. Just went a whole game and neither team picked it up, lol.
It's still important* to control and if you're smart on when to use it, the SLICE and DICE is still real.

*To what extent, hmm..

Madness

I've played a lot of beta, I've seen no one run shit with the Bane or Sword.

AnchormanIDontBelieveYou.gif

I have 3 clips that show me just running a train on a team with it. Almost got running riot with it on Truth. I was trying to stitch the clips together for Sik. One is when I pick it up and get triple kill killing spree, second clip is some weird medal I didn't get before (nuclear symbol) and just running laps around the map, and then third clip was another double or triple kill and killing frenzy etc.

I think naturally as we've learned the beta, gotten better ranged starts, the close quarters power weapons have become more risk than reward. Then again, I'm also garbage tier ranks, so that could have played a factor early on. Prophets Bane is one of the few weapons that highlights how they designed the game around default controls. Right click for ADS lunge just feels so weird compared to Left Trigger.

Top Bottom