• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Welfare

First why don't they release the fucking PC only game that was supposed to be out in fucking December, Spartan Strike?

#Brokenpromises

Karl2177

BTB with Karl and his roommate. We quit out of Halo 4 and Halo 2 Anniversary because the frame rate is atrocious on both. Join if you want, but be warned of the above.

Blueblur1

Halo Online looks and sounds more like a Halo game than Halo 4 did. Aside from the crazy sprint speed (and the F2P garbage yet to be in there), I really like it.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
So I cant find a fucking match. Not a single fucking match.

Searching for players
Players found..........

Connecting session

Same shit starts again and again

Restarted Xbox, restarted game twice.

Tried 3 different playlist.

Fuck itttt

Madness

I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately on your last point, MS has seen what people can do with Halo Online, and it scares the shit out of them. They don't seem to get the mod community, and are shooting C&D notices as fast as they can. I really believe that their ill-fated ideas of piracy are what's preventing Halo to really come back to PC.

They only want fans to play their way, which is understandable, but you'd think the company that bought Minecraft would see the benefit in giving players the tools to do what they want. Some of the best Halo gametypes, have come through fans tinkering with maps, settings etc. This is probably why they don't want to give us custom games browsers.

What does MS gain from giving Halo fans MCC on PC? With Forge no less? They want you to buy a Xbox One after all. Give them MCC and Forge and you'd probably never need another Halo again considering they'd mod the shit out of it. Halo is one of the few things MS has to push their console for fence sitters.

What do they gain by not providing it? MCC was a piece of shit and didn't move anything past two weeks of launch when the problems became aware by anyone. It's essentially a dead game being given free with new consoles now. But with PC, not only can they again bring their brand back in the era of Steam, Origin, but wouldn't they rather have millions of PC'ers playing Halo as opposed to Counterstrike and Advanced Warfare? Sure this generation people might not buy Xbox One consoles if the games will come to PC, but that's more because the console really offers nothing more than a substandard PC experience. But I'm thinking a bit long term. I see no problem with a re-release of MCC to coincide with Halo 5 or maybe after. Most of us will shift to H5 on console, and it would make sense to at least get PC'ers interested in the series again. Right now, even Halo fans don't want to buy Halo in a sense.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
My internet crapped out and now that I'm reconnected MCC refuses to believe I'm connected to Xbox Live. cool great

Ghazi

So do we know if Halo 5 will have dedis or MCC "dedis?"

At least we'll know that Halo lag can't be as bad as CoD lag:

vlpp8jB.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The patch is coming soon,
hopefully.
However, I really don't see it doing much. If the penalty is too severe people will just stop playing. If it's too lenient, people will still just quit.
I'm not gonna pretend to know how to stop people from quitting so often. It's just so rampant now and really brings the game down.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Last we heard Halo 5 multiplayer will be strictly on dedicated servers, no P2P fallback at all. Even customs are strictly on dedicated servers.

Time will tell if they end up being MCC dedis or Titanfall dedis.

First why don't they release the fucking PC only game that was supposed to be out in fucking December, Spartan Strike?

#Brokenpromises

I seem to remember them putting out a statement that they delayed it to focus on the MCC issues.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Titanfall dedis were so gooood

It's been 4 months. 4

Titanfall seems like the perfect storm that just barely hit landfall before heading back to sea. It's soooo fucking solid, yet the population just bailed faster than Halo 4.

Welfare

Titanfall seems like the perfect storm that just barely hit landfall before heading back to sea. It's soooo fucking solid, yet the population just bailed faster than Halo 4.

If Titanfall launched with the crap it has now, it would've been even bigger. Titanfall 2 is going to be so much better now that Respawn know what to do.

Titanfall dedis were so gooood

Um, they're the same dedis...? It's all running on Azure via MS's own matchmaking system. MCC's problem was that it was having numerous problems communicating with the servers which caused all sorts of issues, including frequently switching to the P2P fallback (which had its own issues) and there not being any reliable way of knowing which you were using.

Whatever issues that plagued MCC aren't relevant to H5G, and aside from the possibility of a completely different set of issues, dedicated servers in it should be at least as good as anything else on Xbox One.

-Ryn

Banned
If Titanfall launched with the crap it has now, it would've been even bigger. Titanfall 2 is going to be so much better now that Respawn know what to do.
Ehhhh...

I'm not so sure they really do know.
If I recall correctly, in an interview with one of the big guys at Respawn, he said at one point he wouldn't have changed anything except technical bugs and that he thought the "campaign" they had was pretty much fine (paraphrasing of course).

Titanfall's biggest problem was content and variety. I haven't played it in a while so maybe it's fixed a lot with the DLC, but I'm not surprised its population dropped like it did.

I'm willing to bet that custom ending animations are a microtransaction.
My god...

They plan to release Halo Online for west? I want that!
As of this moment? Nooooope.

It doesn't seem like they have any intentions to do so in the future either.

I agree, Titanfall was amazing. It just needed some more content and a little more refinement. I also love the fact that Respawn kept updating and improving the game. I thought they would be like fuck it, lets just move onto the next project. If Respawn learned from their mistakes and listened to criticism, Titanfall 2 will be amazing. Plus it'll only be for current gen and not a Microsoft exclusive anymore.

Welfare

Ehhhh...

I'm not so sure really do know.
If I recall correctly, in an interview with one of the big guys at Respawn, he said at one point wouldn't have changed anything except technical bugs I believe and that he thought the "campaign" they had was pretty much fine (paraphrasing of course).

Titanfall's biggest problem was content and variety. I haven't played it in a while so maybe it's fixed a lot with the DLC, but I'm not surprised its population dropped like it did.

From the last time I played, they basically "fixed" the issue with lack of content. They even added new gametypes, a firefight-esque mode, more burn cards, an in-game currency system, Titan emblems, an in-game ranking system, and fixed a lot of bugs, and that's all free updates. Only things being bought are maps.

Campaign was fine for what it was. However, they attempted to do a full campaign, but budget and time would not allow that to happen.

I'm sure they know what they need to do with Titanfall 2.

What a strange decision of theirs. Well, hopefully they're gonna change their minds. Would be nice to have the option to play a free Halo Online on PC for a quick fun.

It was built specifically with the Russian market (and similar markets such as China) in mind. Free-to-play PC games with a large emphasis on micro-transactions reign there, while console games and most non-F2P PC games are fairly niche. Basically, Microsoft wants to break into those markets, and they're using their strongest IP in an attempt to get their foot in the door.

That said, I'm sure the game at least partly exists for research purposes. Microsoft is definitely keeping an eye on comments from customers in other regions regarding this, and I would be pretty surprised if Halo Online doesn't lead to more PC support for the franchise going forward, in the general global market. I'd say if things go well enough (and they can get over the leaks and modding that have already occurred) we'll see at least a subscription-based (or hybrid subscription/F2P) version of Halo Online in the US and other major markets.

Will ranking system ever come to MCC? H3 is the only reason ı still play this broken game.It'll be way better if they implemet real ranking system.

About Halo online, it looks like H3 with crazy sprint ability, i hate sprinting in Halo but i prefer this over H5 though..

jem0208

I agree with everything you said, but unfortunately on your last point, MS has seen what people can do with Halo Online, and it scares the shit out of them. They don't seem to get the mod community, and are shooting C&D notices as fast as they can. I really believe that their ill-fated ideas of piracy are what's preventing Halo to really come back to PC.

Well to be fair to Microsoft, the only major thing the modders have managed to achieve is stripping out the micro transactions and allowing play on unofficial servers. Which is essentially piracy.

Halo Online looks and sounds more like a Halo game than Halo 4 did. Aside from the crazy sprint speed (and the F2P garbage yet to be in there), I really like it.

I don't understand these comments. Halo Online has pretty much every issue people had with 4 only made worse, with more shit piled on top.

There is no way Halo Online looks more like Halo than 4.

tootsi666

I don't understand these comments. Halo Online has pretty much every issue people had with 4 only made worse, with more shit piled on top.

They probably mean the modded version of Halo Online is more Halo than Halo 4 Infinity (which is true). Modded Halo Online is pretty much Halo 4 Legendary BRs.

Well to be fair to Microsoft, the only major thing the modders have managed to achieve is stripping out the micro transactions and allowing play on unofficial servers. Which is essentially piracy.

B-b-b-b-but it's not piracy if it's supposed to be played for free!

herp-a-derp

Madness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTm5A8tytcs

It's literally Halo 3 in a sense. Of course it's going to look more Halo than Halo 4. Strip away the crap fron online and you have a game that plays as well as Halo 4 legendary BR's but in the Halo 3 engine with its 'familiarity' and maps.

I'm still waiting for modders or whatever to come up with some version that has the junk removed so I can try it still, especially the Turf remake and the new desert style Sidewinder/Avalanche remake.

FyreWulff

Does anyone actually read the ElDorito documentation or code?

No microtransactions have been stripped. ElDorito can't strip them. There isn't even microtransactions in Halo Online at the moment. They're only going to be in the 'retail' release of the game, they are not going to be in the alpha or the beta.

Edit: and people are using LAN-over-internet emulators to play with each other, which is like calling playing Halo 2 Xbox over Xlink Kai / XBC piracy.

Madness

Can The Pit be removed or replaced with Pit Stop please? Hiding in the attic wasn't fun seven years ago and it's not fun now.

They're working around the clock on it. It's only been 5 months. I mean it's not like anyone could have predicted that it would be a bad idea to launch MCC with launch Halo 3 maps and settings and not use the 3 years of refinement that happened until Reach launched. So don't worry, they're working on it and once they know when it'll happen, they'll definitely update you on when they can possibly release the update, ie. Soon™

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
They're working around the clock on it. It's only been 5 months. I mean it's not like anyone could have predicted that it would be a bad idea to launch MCC with launch Halo 3 maps and settings and not use the 3 years of refinement that happened until Reach launched. So don't worry, they're working on it and once they know when it'll happen, they'll definitely update you on when they can possibly release the update, ie. Soon™

#HUNTDaTroof

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
HaloFixed_640p-(2)-1417547713721.jpg
0IvMCc7eyq4Dxg-5szsjEimz2ck6suO_pTK5p9N_fpD5Rv1_Yq0sFLFlsDPpd9tK9g
Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-8.51.57-AM.png
f5a3164b7-1.jpg
Bug-List-example-2.gif
b47slfdcmaec7dn.png
img_14005_halo-mcc-s-fixes-dragon-age-issues-ign-daily-fix.jpg
hunt-the-truth-master-chief-halo-640x0.jpg

Blueblur1

They probably mean the modded version of Halo Online is more Halo than Halo 4 Infinity (which is true). Modded Halo Online is pretty much Halo 4 Legendary BRs.

I don't know what's confusing about what I wrote. Tootsi understood me.

m23

Ehhhh...

I'm not so sure really do know.
If I recall correctly, in an interview with one of the big guys at Respawn, he said at one point wouldn't have changed anything except technical bugs I believe and that he thought the "campaign" they had was pretty much fine (paraphrasing of course).

343 can learn a lot from Respawn. Reliable dedicated servers, ranking done well, fast as hell matchmaking (even with low population), actually getting dlc maps in mixed playlists, free updates adding new features and content, the list goes on.

The population did drop but I don't have trouble even now finding matches quickly (XB1 btw). Titanfall 2 I'm sure will be a huge upgrade and Vince Zampella seems to be open to the idea of doing free map dlc. In the article he also states that he would have made changes to campaign if he could have. He said he wouldn't have changed the approach of going multiplayer only, which is fine by me.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/12/titanfall-2-confirmed-coming-to-xbox-one-ps4-and-pc

One thing Zampella was keen to think about changing was the DLC model for the future, citing Evolve's commitment to keeping the community united via free maps for all as the ideal way forward.

"I think that's a fantastic way to do it," he said. "I think having the maps like that in packs, it does split the community and it makes it harder for matchmaking, it's messy. Yeah. I don't know we won't do it again, I can't say that for sure, but the idea would be to do something different."

Top Bottom