• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

willow ve

#HUNTDaTroof

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
HaloFixed_640p-(2)-1417547713721.jpg
0IvMCc7eyq4Dxg-5szsjEimz2ck6suO_pTK5p9N_fpD5Rv1_Yq0sFLFlsDPpd9tK9g
Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-8.51.57-AM.png
f5a3164b7-1.jpg
Bug-List-example-2.gif
b47slfdcmaec7dn.png
img_14005_halo-mcc-s-fixes-dragon-age-issues-ign-daily-fix.jpg
hunt-the-truth-master-chief-halo-640x0.jpg
Hahaha

Karl2177

I have to play through Spartan Ops 3 times to get all the achievements? Why doesn't playing on Legendary unlock playing it on Heroic and Normal?

jelly

It was built specifically with the Russian market (and similar markets such as China) in mind. Free-to-play PC games with a large emphasis on micro-transactions reign there, while console games and most non-F2P PC games are fairly niche. Basically, Microsoft wants to break into those markets, and they're using their strongest IP in an attempt to get their foot in the door.

That said, I'm sure the game at least partly exists for research purposes. Microsoft is definitely keeping an eye on comments from customers in other regions regarding this, and I would be pretty surprised if Halo Online doesn't lead to more PC support for the franchise going forward, in the general global market. I'd say if things go well enough (and they can get over the leaks and modding that have already occurred) we'll see at least a subscription-based (or hybrid subscription/F2P) version of Halo Online in the US and other major markets.

Do they have to go down the pay to win route though?

It's just lazy. Valve proved many wrong with Steam and their games in Russia etc.

If you go in with the mentality of people will just steal and hope to pray on gambling tendencies then I hope they fail.

Provide a great platform, great game, great features that make owning the game hard to resist and optional deeper non game changing customisations for extra revenue and replacing charging for map packs. It's not rocket science.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If Titanfall launched with the crap it has now, it would've been even bigger. Titanfall 2 is going to be so much better now that Respawn know what to do.

I guess I got into it really late, so I didn't experience the beginning pains.

Does anyone actually read the ElDorito documentation or code?

No microtransactions have been stripped. ElDorito can't strip them. There isn't even microtransactions in Halo Online at the moment. They're only going to be in the 'retail' release of the game, they are not going to be in the alpha or the beta.

Edit: and people are using LAN-over-internet emulators to play with each other, which is like calling playing Halo 2 Xbox over Xlink Kai / XBC piracy.

Does anyone that complains ever actually read the documentation or code?

Well to be fair to Microsoft, the only major thing the modders have managed to achieve is stripping out the micro transactions and allowing play on unofficial servers. Which is essentially piracy.

Can we stop regurgitating this rhetoric based on a blog post full of false information?

Akai__

I have to play through Spartan Ops 3 times to get all the achievements? Why doesn't playing on Legendary unlock playing it on Heroic and Normal?

There's a glitch, where you just need to complete the 1st mission and Save & Quit the others. It will count as completed afterwards. This is how I got the achievements, but I don't know if it's patched already.

Omni

There's a glitch, where you just need to complete the 1st mission and Save & Quit the others. It will count as completed afterwards. This is how I got the achievements, but I don't know if it's patched already.
That's what I did.

Though even doing that was a chore. Entire mode is such a piece of crap. RIP Firefight.

kosmologi

Sprint completely destroys the gameplay in that Turf video.

I took some screenshots in The Silent Cartographer Evolved. Halo 1 still plays like a dream and the new weapons and environments in this mod are great.

haloce_2015_04_12_19_h5uca.png

haloce_2015_04_12_19_jbuwm.png

VinFTW

It's some sort of sweet cosmic and laughable justice (personal) that Halo Online is so desired despite being a worse offender in every way for having shit mechanics than Halo 5 does.

wwm0nkey

It's some sort of sweet cosmic and laughable justice (personal) that Halo Online is so desired despite being a worse offender in every way for having shit mechanics than Halo 5 does.
It only has sprint right now, you can't access spartan abilities or perks.

So right now it isn't too bad but Sprint needs to be removed.

At least it's on PC so you can change that if you want and have a customs browser so you can play a proper game. Won't be able to say the same thing about Halo 5 probably.

VinFTW

At least it's on PC so you can change that if you want and have a customs browser so you can play a proper game. Won't be able to say the same thing about Halo 5 probably.

God I fucking hope Halo 5 has a customs game browser, especially now that we have the option to turn off/adjust spartan abilities.

God I fucking hope Halo 5 has a customs game browser, especially now that we have the option to turn off/adjust spartan abilities.

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Halo 5 had no customs. They've already removed 4-player split screen. Here's hoping though, we've only been asking for it for years and years and years.

GrizzNKev

Banned

I think Josh said on the official forums that wasn't going to be in for 5 but they were thinking about it for the future and do actually want to do it.

I think Josh said on the official forums that wasn't going to be in for 5 but they were thinking about it for the future and do actually want to do it.

Yeah. We'll see how it plays out, though.

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Halo 5 had no customs. They've already removed 4-player split screen. Here's hoping though, we've only been asking for it for years and years and years.

Not only are customs confirmed, they're confirmed on dedis.

Tawpgun

At some Titanfall panel at pax east one year they said they wanted to do matchmaking with hashtags.

So basically say you want to organize a GAF only lobby. Just set your hashtag to #TitanGAF and you'd be matched up with people that also have that.

Now imagine you can do that for customs. Make a lobby and enable matchmaking with a password. #zombies and just play infection customs.

Hire me fire grizz

IMO with this already small population, a ranking system that matches with skill isnt a good idea. Searching will be long again etc.

How small is the population ? Do we have number counts ? I can find matches very fast on H3..I really wonder how are the population charts for MCC and for each game..

At some Titanfall panel at pax east one year they said they wanted to do matchmaking with hashtags.

So basically say you want to organize a GAF only lobby. Just set your hashtag to #TitanGAF and you'd be matched up with people that also have that.

Now imagine you can do that for customs. Make a lobby and enable matchmaking with a password. #zombies and just play infection customs.

Hire me fire grizz

Brilliant. I'm envisioning a hashtag cloud server browser now...

How small is the population ? Do we have number counts ? I can find matches very fast on H3..I really wonder how are the population charts for MCC and for each game..

There was a thread on gaming side about a month ago. It was estimated that around ~14,000 people were still playing at that time. Which is actually pretty decent, considering how the game launched.

Ramirez

Can we get custom banners on the servers? Nothing like loading up a BF4 server on the One and seeing Tubgirl in your loading screen.

GrizzNKev

Banned

Hire me fire grizz

It'll be really great when the top trending gametype is #butts

Computer

The MCC and Halo 5 need to come to PC with some sort of cross platform game play to help jump start the franchise. The HCS will never be a big esport as long as Halo is exclusive to Xbox.

They're working around the clock on it. It's only been 5 months. I mean it's not like anyone could have predicted that it would be a bad idea to launch MCC with launch Halo 3 maps and settings and not use the 3 years of refinement that happened until Reach launched. So don't worry, they're working on it and once they know when it'll happen, they'll definitely update you on when they can possibly release the update, ie. Soon™

#HUNTDaTroof

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg
HaloFixed_640p-(2)-1417547713721.jpg
0IvMCc7eyq4Dxg-5szsjEimz2ck6suO_pTK5p9N_fpD5Rv1_Yq0sFLFlsDPpd9tK9g
Screen-Shot-2015-02-18-at-8.51.57-AM.png
f5a3164b7-1.jpg
Bug-List-example-2.gif
b47slfdcmaec7dn.png
img_14005_halo-mcc-s-fixes-dragon-age-issues-ign-daily-fix.jpg
hunt-the-truth-master-chief-halo-640x0.jpg

I enjoyed these posts.

Ghazi

From the last time I played, they basically "fixed" the issue with lack of content. They even added new gametypes, a firefight-esque mode, more burn cards, an in-game currency system, Titan emblems, an in-game ranking system, and fixed a lot of bugs, and that's all free updates. Only things being bought are maps.

Campaign was fine for what it was. However, they attempted to do a full campaign, but budget and time would not allow that to happen.

I'm sure they know what they need to do with Titanfall 2.

For their one year anniversary, they made the season pass free like Halo used to do with its DLC. Support has been amazing, I still play the game. Almost at my Diamond rank.

The MCC and Halo 5 need to come to PC with some sort of cross platform game play to help jump start the franchise. The HCS will never be a big esport as long as Halo is exclusive to Xbox.

HCS will never be big because there is no big interest anymore in Halo as a esport title. Its not the Consoles fault.

Welfare

HCS will never be big because there is no big interest anymore in Halo as a esport title. Its not the Consoles fault.

HCS is not big because there is no big interest anymore in Halo MCC as a esport title. Its not the Consoles fault, it's the game out right now.

Thank you for your studied opinion and vast knowledge on this topic. Your future prognosis is surely correct.

Have you seen the last couple of tournaments? What was the peak, 10k maybe? Thats laughable compared to CoD or other PC titles.

And some Halo pros werent that happy with H5 either.

HCS is not big because there is no big interest anymore in Halo MCC as a esport title. Its not the Consoles fault, it's the game out right now.

That could be more true. We will see with H5. But i doubt that H5 will help that much.

VinFTW

Have you seen the last couple of tournaments? What was the peak, 10k maybe? Thats laughable compared to CoD or other PC titles.

And some Halo pros werent that happy with H5 either.

You have maybe 1 major pro who won't play Halo 5, and even then, he hasn't stated he won't. Most, if not all, top 8 pros have stated they liked/loved it (albeit in need of some changes).

Not to mention your "peak viewers" are wrong, it was 24k, which is not as high as CoD, but for a broken game and complete mishandling of the franchise, it's not that bad.

But continue to enlighten us with your fabricated insight.

jelly

Hire me fire grizz

What a great idea.

Karl2177

Is there any way to force the "Syncing Master Chief Collection Data" when you press A to join in on a lobby instead of when you open the Player ID? It means if the game resets your stuff, it can't fix the error when it syncs, because all of the stuff has been reset and it will default to that. Then when you leave the Player ID, it syncs the default stuff up as if you had set it. It's really fucking annoying at this point, because it happens every time I want to play split-screen.

basically, people like flashy/random stuff and it's very difficult to add those things to halo while trying to keep the devoted competitive side of the community happy.

OT: On the subject of "fancy" and flashy stuff, I think more games should allow it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_63BO07zPs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyCEAmQhgEo
stuff is fun to watch over and over

Not to mention your "peak viewers" are wrong, it was 24k, which is not as high as CoD, but for a broken game and complete mishandling of the franchise, it's not that bad.

But continue to enlighten us with your fabricated insight.

My peak Viewers arent wrong. At least not for the last recent tournament
The first tournament probably had 20k+ but since then? Nope.

Isnt there something to complain about at Beyond? Or why so agressive?

THEF3AR

My peak Viewers arent wrong. At least not for the last recent tournament
The first tournament probably had 20k+ but since then? Nope.

Isnt there something to complain about at Beyond? Or why so agressive?

Dude, just stop. You're wrong. Stop trying to defend your misinformed "facts."

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
You have maybe 1 major pro who won't play Halo 5, and even then, he hasn't stated he won't. Most, if not all, top 8 pros have stated they liked/loved it (albeit in need of some changes).

I think that's a really important point. Halo, despite struggling for YEARS now, is still pulling an audience. A small audience, but it's something. If the franchise ever gets truly healthy again it could become a lot bigger.

Top Bottom