• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Does anyone think that 343i should bring back the credits system for armor? They could use them to incentivize winning and tie it to achievements. Hopefully they don't do the exp or challenge system from Halo 4 if they go this route, well unless it's for objectives. Weapon challenges take focus away from winning.

I loved Reach's credit/exp system, it gave the game some longevity. Reach is the only Halo I played the campaign numerous times due to all the daily/weekly/monthly challenges. I enjoyed trying to get all the armor and cosmetics items. Never did make it to Inheritor, that was a bit ridiculous to get!

Haruko

Ehh, it took way too long to earn some stuff in Reach, IMO.

The XP progression in the H5 Beta seemed a bit quicker, which was nice. Not sure how bad it slows down at higher levels, but I got to the SR30s in what felt like a reasonable time.

I have no problem with cosmetic microtransactions to skip some grind, either.

Halo 5 Guardians Animated Poster

Can someone explain why literally every weapon in all the promo art we've seen of Halo 5, none of them have scopes on.

Smart Scopes must only appear when they are needed, due to their superior intelligence

On the subject of waaaay too many scopes.

Honest question, why is there such a hate towards weapons like the AR having a zoom function? I get that it's a new addition to an old weapon and the whole ADS thing is a totally different argument but I enjoyed it.

The Silenced SMG in 2 anniversary pretty much fills that role and it's a fun weapon. I agree that it shouldn't beat the precision weapons head on in most middle to long range battles sure. But I don't see why an automatic with a scope hasn't been a bigger part of the multiplayer at least for newer players sake.

Nowise10

Honest question, why is there such a hate towards weapons like the AR having a zoom function? I get that it's a new addition to an old weapon and the whole ADS thing is a totally different argument but I enjoyed it.

The Silenced SMG in 2 anniversary pretty much fills that role and it's a fun weapon. I agree that it shouldn't beat the precision weapons head on in most middle to long range battles sure. But I don't see why an automatic with a scope hasn't been a bigger part of the multiplayer at least for newer players sake.

It made the gun way too easy to use. I could beat most people, even from a good distance, just ADSing with my Assault Rifle. Less skill is needed. Specially since the bullet spread is reduced when aiming down the sight.

Haruko

My biggest issue with it was it had bonus damage for headshots, which I don't think an automatic needs. But that's already getting addressed.

I feel like the main* argument boils down to "automatics should suck because they take less skill to use." Giving the AR zoom gives it some midrange utility, which is (in some people's eyes) a Bad Thing. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the AR shouldn't be an entirely vestigial weapon, so I like it. It also lets you ping distant enemies out of scope with it, which is good.

*There is a case to be made, separately from that one, that the Beta AR was too effective with zoom due to the headshot bonus, which I can agree with. Fortunately, the headshot bonus is getting dropped from automatics, so that's all good.

That would be extremely shitty thing to hold back for so long, and not include in the beta.

Pretty sure it will be customizable for at least BTB and maybe campaign. A welcome addition IMO.

Mix a little Crysis in mah Halo.

A balanced sandbox is all I crave, and the H5 AR definitely seemed to foot that bill (sans headshot bonus).

BR's still gonna BR.

I agree and enjoyed what we experienced, however we still need DAT PISTOL BUFF.

Impala26

I feel like the main* argument boils down to "automatics should suck because they take less skill to use." Giving the AR zoom gives it some midrange utility, which is (in some people's eyes) a Bad Thing. Personally, I'm of the opinion that the AR shouldn't be an entirely vestigial weapon, so I like it. It also lets you ping distant enemies out of scope with it, which is good.

*There is a case to be made, separately from that one, that the Beta AR was too effective with zoom due to the headshot bonus, which I can agree with. Fortunately, the headshot bonus is getting dropped from automatics, so that's all good.

A balanced sandbox is all I crave, and the H5 AR definitely seemed to foot that bill (sans headshot bonus).

BR's still gonna BR.

Karl2177

Does anyone think that 343i should bring back the credits system for armor? They could use them to incentivize winning and tie it to achievements. Hopefully they don't do the exp or challenge system from Halo 4 if they go this route, well unless it's for objectives. Weapon challenges take focus away from winning.

I think it would great if a campaign let you customize what weapons you started with, what you encounter, and what weapons and enemy types you faced. Then you could share your campaign template playlist with others.

Sounds like coop heaven to me.
No one reads my blog.

-Ryn

Banned
im pretty sure some artists deserve that criticism some if the time lol....
latest

Spot the guyz

Linda's stolen them all.
lol

Fuchsdh

Only odd thing about the art is how Blue Team is in Locke's "zone", and Locke's are in Chief's.

¿Who's making the next OT btw?

Yeah I can totally agree on the removal of the headshot bonus, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants a more used sandbox. It shouldn't be super dominant or out BR the better player but it should be usable off spawn. No more crap weapons

You know, I may disagree with pretty much everything you say, but goddamn if you aren't a good sport. It hurts me to admit it, but I kinda root for you since you're the underdog around here.
Underdog? UNDERDOG?! Jem's kind still plagues this franchise by voting for Halo 3 more than other games, especially with AR starts, and continuing to make terrible life decisions against the good of humankind. Jem's lucky we haven't sacrificed him..
I just bought Destiny <:O

#TerribleLifeDecisions
..yet

CliQ

I hope they remove scopes from the guns. It makes sense if you are smart scoping to not actually need a scope on the gun. Plus I think it adds a more futuristic feel to the game. It's just such a munual thing to do in such a scifi world.

On a side note does HaloGAF have an animated logo? I'm looking for...reasons

Madness

I hope they remove scopes from the guns. It makes sense if you are smart scoping to not actually need a scope on the gun. Plus I think it adds a more futuristic feel to the game. It's just such a munual thing to do in such a scifi world.

On a side note does HaloGAF have an animated logo? I'm looking for...reasons

Yeah, it's too bad they couldn't invent some technology where the reticule of where their gun is aimed and how it will fire is integrated into the massive helmet and visors the Spartan wear. Just imagine, if you didn't need your vision obscured by a giant gun in the middle of the screen, now that would be nice to see. So futuristic, the Spartans don't need to hold guns to eye level etc. But that's crazy talk.

jem0208

Underdog? UNDERDOG?! Jem's kind still plagues this franchise by voting for Halo 3 more than other games, especially with AR starts, and continuing to make terrible life decisions against the good of humankind. Jem's lucky we haven't sacrificed him..

..yet

I'm offended that you'd even joke about me voting for Halo 3 AR starts.

<3

Top Bottom