• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Fuchsdh

I really like the armor on the (woman) to the left of Locke, Macer or whoever. Definitely seems inspired by the Elite armor, with a dash of Forerunner.

And man, I still don't like those oversized collar pieces on the -IIs. Aside from the canon issues it's the part I just can't stand about the new design. I just wish they got toned down a bit. (QD 'shop below.)
17304321162_8905bb670b_o.jpg

CXvZmeh.png

VinFTW

Man, I don't know how I'm going to handle the whole situation in the Fall:

Halo 5

10days

BLOPS3

10days

BF

Might just skip BLOPS3 altogether, play the fuck out of Halo 5. Take a 2 week break to enjoy Battlefront with my bro, and then get back on Halo 5 for the rest of the year.

Welfare

Halo 5

10days

BLOPS3

10days

BF

Might just skip BLOPS3 altogether, play the fuck out of Halo 5. Take a 2 week break to enjoy Battlefront with my bro, and then get back on Halo 5 for the rest of the year.

That 20 day period is going to be torture. Going to be swapping discs left and right.

dwells

So the ranking system definitely doesn't work right with this patch. Still tons of uneven matches and it's impossible to lose rank. In fact, losses don't seem to count at all.

You'd think if Frankie was gonna take potshots at me on Twitter over this thing that he would've made sure it worked first...

I really like the armor on the (woman) to the left of Locke, Macer or whoever. Definitely seems inspired by the Elite armor, with a dash of Forerunner.

And man, I still don't like those oversized collar pieces on the -IIs. Aside from the canon issues it's the part I just can't stand about the new design. I just wish they got toned down a bit. (QD 'shop below.)

Too bulky in the upper chest area, less protective in the stomach.

Welfare

We could go digital... but nahhhh.

I love my cases for collection purposes.

I never sell Halo games so I could go digital with that, but I like the cases. CoD will always be sold when the new one comes out, and Battlefront I'm iffy on.

The physical life.

So the ranking system definitely doesn't work right with this patch. Still tons of uneven matches and it's impossible to lose rank. In fact, losses don't seem to count at all.

You'd think if Frankie was gonna take potshots at me on Twitter over this thing that he would've made sure it worked first...

I've gone down in slayer from a single game loss, went back up the next game (since latest patch and rank reset). I think I'm a 13 or 14 ATM and went down twice in total. It's been basically 1 or 2 wins to rank up and occasionally if you have a bad loss finishing 4th, on only one win since your last rank up, then you go down.

You have to remember much of ranking is about who you're matched with and what ranks they are vs. your performance on your own team. Ranking updates aren't always real time the moment you finish a game either.

Halo 5

10days

BLOPS3

10 days

BF

Pretty sure I'm gonna skip blops3 as well. Gonna play battlefront on PC if its good.

dwells

I've gone down in slayer from a single game loss, went back up the next game (since latest patch and rank reset). I think I'm a 13 or 14 ATM and went down twice in total. It's been basically 1 or 2 wins to rank up and occasionally if you have a bad loss finishing 4th, on only one win since your last rank up, then you go down.

You have to remember much of ranking is about who you're matched with and what ranks they are vs. your performance on your own team. Ranking updates aren't always real time the moment you finish a game either.
Strange. I've lost and quit a large number in a row and haven't gone down. Won a couple after and went right up. Something's screwy.

Madness

Why would anyone ever want SMALLER armor?

I don't get it.

Same. It honestly feels like they're wearing spandex with a couple of magnet clip on plastic pieces. I want a full unified body suit, ie. Iron Man. I look at that picture of Chief above and keep wondering why his deltoid is exposed and why his shoulder piece only protects the bicep/tricep area of the arm etc.

Madness

hell of a journey.

Funny how Vin was the first to break the news here but Crecente over at Polygon and I'm assuming others will credit themselves or her LinkedIn as the source. It's not like they didn't also see/read about it here. I'm just surprised OddOne wasn't the one who found out first. Usually he's always first to post things like that.

gah... here we go

A8TlQUI.png

so even co-op is gonna be dedicated servers. forge too. I'll believe it when I see it though.

And why on earth couldn't they do this for the MCC? Dan Ayoub at E3: "All on Dedicated Servers!". Got on the TS ranked grind yesterday, don't think a single match was on a dedi. Fraudulent.

And why on earth couldn't they do this for the MCC? Dan Ayoub at E3: "All on Dedicated Servers!". Got on the TS ranked grind yesterday, don't think a single match was on a dedi. Fraudulent.

well, MCC was supposed to be the legacy game; played for eons to come even after the servers are long gone.

Buuuuuuuut, circa 100 days after launch and there are still major and minor kinks to be sorted out.

I still remember 343is statement that mcc is completely on dedicated servers too. we know how that ended up

Wow I never even thought of that. Probably the first time anyone brought that to my attention. Good point, this is an outrage!

Has anyone else experienced terrible performance in the MCC? If so we need to tweet Frank and get top men on it.

-Ryn

Banned
Guys, 343 are geniuses

Red team has Locke

Blue team has Chief

There were 2 different versions of the same trailer from their perspectives. What else shows different perspectives?

Mirrors

Mirrors are made of glass

Scopes have glass

Linda has everyone's scopes

Scopes make things clear

The truth is blurred

Therefore Linda knows the Truth

Linda is on Blue Team

Blue team won the most matches in the beta

Therefore, 343 deliberately placed better players on Blue Team in the beta!

The answer was right in front of us all along!!!

#Hunthetruth
#TeamChief
#Nomotiontracker
#butts

They always said dedis are exclusive to matchmaking in the mcc. Customs and Coop were p2p
Yeah, but still matchmaking is mostly p2p and very rare on dedicated servers.
look at this reddit topic for proof and how to figure out if you get a p2p or ds match.

343i said the whole matchmaking games will be on dedicated servers, in the end we get p2p on over 90% of the matches

They may also have fixed it at the end of halo 4 when he got unsuited for the first time in the series!

That's what I've been thinking. Stank ass took a week long shower after having not taken off the armor for what, almost six years?

I wonder if they will do anything in house of Wolves or comet to make the story less horrible.

Dark Below stepped it up a tiny bit, so I'm hoping they draw more from its strengths in HoW and give us something we can follow as we go along. I'm curious how Prison of Elders fits into all of that.

But really... I can upgrade Fatebringer and Perun's Fire. That's all I care about in the end haha.

FyreWulff

If they've gone all in on the benefits of dedicated servers, which would also mean dedi hosted co-op (and firefight if it's in the game), there's no possibility to retain p2p networking anyway.

It'll also require them to allow you to use a One as a dedicated server to make LAN possible, because that requires P2P to work without a server in the middle.

-Ryn

Banned
So where does Half-Life 3 fit into this?
Well let's look at this logically:

Chief was wandering through a desert

Black Mesa was in a desert

What else is in a desert?

Camels

Therefore Black Mesa=Camel

Chief has no Camel because Black Mesa is gone

Camels have humps

What rhymes with humps?

Jumps

Locke jumps to conclusions about Chief

Chief is truth though as we know because Linda