• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Can't wait for E3. It's gonna be gud.

Also OT but this armor cosplay is sick af.
11143698_10153233645582243_3473582986125541620_o.jpg

Haruko

It has to be a Locke pun, it just has to...

If not it had better be Madness':
Halo |OT 24| All Hail the Conquering Hero

Or Wahrer's:
Halo |OT 24| One Team, New Team, Red Team, Blue Team

I like both of those too.

It's hard to believe the H5 Beta was live still when this thread began.

Also, RIP in piece TTUVAPOR

-Ryn

Banned
Halo |OT 24| Seems we're out of Locke

Halo |OT 24| 343, Locke out for that tree

Halo |OT 24| We make our own Locke

Halo |OT 24| Locke and War

Halo |OT 24| Locke is a battlefield

Halo |OT 24| Can Locke bloom on the battlefield?

Halo |OT 24| Thread Locke incoming

Halo |OT 24| Code Geas: LeLocke of Rebellion

Halo |OT| I'll tell you what I want what I really really wanted.
I like this one

It has to be a Locke pun, it just has to...

If not it had better be Madness':
Halo |OT 24| All Hail the Conquering Hero

Or Wahrer's:
Halo |OT 24| One Team, New Team, Red Team, Blue Team
I like these ones too

-Ryn

Banned
RIP in peace Vapor rub
<3

Halo |OT 24| The weight of your Legendary Edition will stay your feet, and you will be left broke

No, I mean, what is "blue team?"
They r ay bunch of pretty cool guyz that doesn't afraid anything

They're also John, Linda, Fred, and Kelly

They're also a team who happens to be blue

They're also a team composed of Spartan II's from the original training days

Holy shit LOL

Haruko

Josh Holmes has been posting a bunch in this Beyond thread:
http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/9548-sal1ent/

Some tidbits:

One of the problems with Truth is that people hear "inspired by Midship" and immediately compare it to that classic map. We took inspiration from Midship but didn't want duplicate it in terms of layout or size. We wanted something that had its own character. It's interesting because fans of OG Midship think it's a giant monstrosity while newer players generally like it. It's certainly not my favorite H5 map, but I do enjoy playing it.

Since beta the lighting has improved to allow for better player visibility (no more blue team hiding in plain sight), the weapon placements have changed, and overall it plays much better (especially with the higher base speed).

Fuchsdh

Fuckin lol

If that Spielberg show is still happening, I wonder if it will be the introduction of Blue Team like Nightfall was for Locke. That would be sweet if it went back and showed stuff from the books leading up to Halo 5.

I'm still not convinced that the project wasn't just killed with the death of the Xbox TV stuff. Presumably at that point it still wouldn't have been that far into prepro.

Omni

I'm still confused about the maps in the Halo 5 beta that were variations of other maps.

Every Halo game has shipped with like 10 maps for years now. If Halo 5 is the same and a bunch of them are essentially duplicates... well that would be extremely disappointing. And dull.

I'm still confused about the maps in the Halo 5 beta that were variations of other maps.

Every Halo game has shipped with like 10 maps for years now. If Halo 5 is the same and a bunch of them are essentially duplicates... well that would be extremely disappointing. And dull.

What if it shipped with 10 maps and 10 variants?

I'm still not convinced that the project wasn't just killed with the death of the Xbox TV stuff. Presumably at that point it still wouldn't have been that far into prepro.

They said it was still ago when that announcement was made I think, but we haven't heard anything since. (maybe the Blue Team surprise is why?)

Ramirez

But the remixes were good.

-Ryn

Banned
What with the focus on Arena I'm expecting about 6 "arena sized" maps with 6 variants and another 6 BTB maps (not sure if those would have remixes) with another 3-5 forge maps.

Haruko

What with the focus on Arena I'm expecting about 6 "arena sized" maps with 6 variants and another 6 BTB maps (not sure if those would have remixes) with another 3-5 forge maps.

Good point, I hadn't thought about that.

If DLC maps are free as we hope, that would certainly help a lot too.

ayyy, finally no longer a junior

Dub117

I like the remixes, as long as they don't take away from the base map count. 10 & 10 would be great. Or 10 & 5 remixes would be fine. Plus a few forge maps.

I'd rather 20 completely different maps :p

Well it wouldn't be too bad. I don't care as long as we don't end up with 5 maps and 5 variants of those maps and the rest forge or something.

I think each "mode" will have it's own sets of maps and the remixes are how they are filling it out so it's possible to do that.

Arena: 7 maps + 7 remix (probably like 5+5 though if I'm being realistic)
Breakout: 4-5ish maps
BTB: 3-4ish maps with remix?

+Forge

jem0208

I think each "mode" will have it's own sets of maps and the remixes are how they are filling it out so it's possible to do that.

Arena: 7 maps + 7 remix
Breakout: 4-5ish maps
BTB: 3-4ish maps with remix?

+Forge

This is what I'm expecting.

I don't think they'd make BTB remixes though because that would be a huge amount of work. If they did I'd imagine the changes would be a bit smaller.

Even the 2 Live action trailers were "remixes" of each other. I'm betting the whole game will revolve around this idea.

Good point... I hadn't noticed that actually. That's quite clever that they're bringing the same theme into map design.

This is what I'm expecting.

I don't think they'd make BTB remixes though because that would be a huge amount of work. If they did I'd imagine the changes would be a bit smaller.

Even the 2 Live action trailers were "remixes" of each other. I'm betting the whole game will revolve around this idea.

Haruko

I'm just wondering what #TeamLocke's flavor of Mountain Dew Game Fuel will be.

#TeamChief will have the OG Cherry Citrus, despite being Blue Team

Guys, 343 are geniuses

Red team has Locke

Blue team has Chief

There were 2 different versions of the same trailer from their perspectives. What else shows different perspectives?

Mirrors

Mirrors are made of glass

Scopes have glass

Linda has everyone's scopes

Scopes make things clear

The truth is blurred

Therefore Linda knows the Truth

Linda is on Blue Team

Blue team won the most matches in the beta

Therefore, 343 deliberately placed better players on Blue Team in the beta!

The answer was right in front of us all along!!!

#Hunthetruth
#TeamChief
#Nomotiontracker
#butts

Pokemon?

Halo, blue edition because squirtle

Can't wait for E3. It's gonna be gud.

Also OT but this armor cosplay is sick af.

Feels he went to a car junk yard and paste everything silver on that suit

Top Bottom