• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Computer

For me the halo 4 playlist works great, btb works(w/long wait times 5-15 min) slayer seems to work, CE works, H2A works on both rumble and team, about the only thing that does seem to work is halo 3 playlist.

Note as above IDK why it would work for some and not others? cuz really it work just fine(other then wait times and quitters)

Each time I try to play I experience 5 v 2's 4 v 3's, matchmaking with random ranks, one ranked playlist, long wait times, extreme lag, game crashing, getting stuck in the carnage report, party splitting, UI glitches, failure to connect, games ending before kill limit is reached ect ect....

Newlove

Another good reason to give up on this franchise is that it takes too much skill for most people. Most people in the world are fricken morons. Result? Constantly terrible games with wildly incompetent teammates.

Rather pay cod where teammates can actually get kills more often.

Or I'm just getting old and sick of playing with idiots. I can't stomach it anymore.

I know, beyond frustrating. I believe it's due to them never switching on skill based matchmaking in these playlists (only H2A MP), so games are wildly inconsistent.

Glass

Breakdown - HaloGAF Community Montage #2 - Halo 5 Beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8pH8M15NE&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to post feedback. Some of the clips sent to me had missing/out of sync audio, so try not to focus on it too much :p

Feel free to make a gaming side thread too if you'd like.

Another nice edit. If a thread isn't started, you could definitely bump the first montage thread with it. Just spotted Josh Holmes linked the first edit on his twitter.

VinFTW

Yea, bump the other thread, I'd say another montage thread wouldn't be looked on in a positive light.

I did, didn't think it warranted another thread

That was good fun! Not enough Sikamikanico in it though! ;)
Couldn't figure out which clips were yours on onedrive :(

also thanks for the compliments guys, not much more fancy stuff I can do with movie maker, but it was fun regardless. Glad you guys enjoyed it

tootsi666

Another good reason to give up on this franchise is that it takes too much skill for most people. Most people in the world are fricken morons. Result? Constantly terrible games with wildly incompetent teammates.

Rather pay cod where teammates can actually get kills more often.

Or I'm just getting old and sick of playing with idiots. I can't stomach it anymore.
It's sad that Halo is too hard for many modern gamers. I wonder what those guys would think about Q3.

I did, didn't think it warranted another thread

Couldn't figure out which clips were yours on onedrive :(

also thanks for the compliments guys, not much more fancy stuff I can do with movie maker, but it was fun regardless. Glad you guys enjoyed it

Was good fun thanks for lifting my spirits a bit.

Oops double post.

Feel free to post feedback. Some of the clips sent to me had missing/out of sync audio, so try not to focus on it too much :p

Nice work. I'm missing H5 for sure. Also people who made low ranks shouldn't be complaining they should be making 30 minute montages out of the clips they get from those sort of players!

-Ryn

Banned

Nice job Vin

Loved the ending. Rag doll physics in this game look like they're going in the right direction. The Spartan getting eaten by the ground was great lol

Halo OT: ETA on thread title ASAP

Halo OT: Incompetence at it's finest

Halo OT: More on that later

Halo OT: Beta for a patch for a 60$ Alpha

Halo OT: 343 reasons to give up on Halo

Halo OT: At least the music is loud

Halo OT: 343 betrayed Master Chief in the game and in real life

Halo OT: A good Halo game is only in the imagination

Halo OT: More delays than GTA Heists

Halo OT: Cortana was less destructive than 343

Halo OT: MC was better off floating in space

Halo OT: Quit the Build

Halo OT: ETA on thread title ASAP

Halo OT: Incompetence at it's finest

Halo OT: More on that later

Halo OT: Beta for a patch for a 60$ Alpha

Halo OT: 343 reasons to give up on Halo

Halo OT: At least the music is loud

Halo OT: 343 betrayed Master Chief in the game and in real life

Halo OT: A good Halo game is only in the imagination

Halo OT: More delays than GTA Heists

Halo OT: Cortana was less destructive than 343

Halo OT: MC was better off floating in space

I get that you're salty as fuck, but we're on page 80 here.

VinFTW

Thanks for the compliments guys, reeeeallllyyyy missin' the beta.

I know I SHOULD be upset w/ 343 and Halo right now, but I can't help but be excited to hear about where H5 is gonna go after the beta and all the feedback they got.

I'm also super excited that this CU beta might be "the one". I can deal with bugs and glitches and such if it means I can play with friends and have a consistent MM experience w/ even teams, ranks, etc.

Vin great job on the montage!

CliQ is a fookin monster with Ground Pounds lol

Thanks man :p

Yeah, doods nuts.

blamite

Those ground pounds were crazy. It took me until the last day of the beta to even realize you could release the stick whenever you wanted to do it early, I was charging those things up all the way and getting zero results.

Ramirez

Nice work. I'm missing H5 for sure. Also people who made low ranks shouldn't be complaining they should be making 30 minute montages out of the clips they get from those sort of players!

Seriously, some of these kids are baffling. The Overkill with the sword on Eden in particular. The guy is just crouching behind the mid cover oblivious to his team getting eviscerated. I woulda been dead before I got past the fan based on my competition.

nicanica

So I just bought MCC to play through the campaign (around $80 CAD). Come home to enjoy my weekend. 18Gig update. Over wireless. This is a joke right?

Halo |OT 24| Someone else might've done it right.

Halo |OT 24| Frankie my dear, I don't give a damn

giphy.gif

nicanica

I just want to play the campaigns. If you try and install it it says "Ready to play!"
when you run it, it forces you to update it. If you say no, then the game closes and install is pending. It's been an hour and a half since clicking yess to the online install....I'm still at 2%

I just want to play the campaigns. If you try and install it it says "Ready to play!"
when you run it, it forces you to update it. If you say no, then the game closes and install is pending. It's been an hour and a half since clicking yess to the online install....I'm still at 2%

Xbox One has a really neat feature built in described on the official website: "If our UI, OS, installation, apps, or games do not work properly please unplug your console, look at it in disgust and plug back in (or hold the power button on the face of the console for 10 seconds). This will restart your console completely and might allow you to continue using our outstanding product accordingly."

source: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/power-cycle-console

giphy.gif

it's not stuck, I'm just on wireless.
How the fuck they didn't put this on 2 discs is god damn baffling.

That sucks. Yeah, almost every aspect of the game has been a pain in the ass.

Don't hold your breath though when you actually get it working. The campaign still has several issues:

Severe framerate dips in places, achievements not always unlocking, Save/Quit feature not working and losing progress (especially after updates).

Let's not forget to mention the terrible geometry in Halo CE Anniversary. So frequently you will be peeking around corners and shooting at your enemy to find out that the "remastered" version's geometry is a lot thinner or thicker than the original thus making you miss your shots and shoot the object in front of you (sometimes killing you if you have rockets).

Also, there is a terrible shadow cascade pop in present throughout the whole game... you literally see the shadows popping in. It's disgusting. There are frequent frame dips in Halo CE. The "original" graphics toggle isn't even the original Xbox version and looks far worse than it actually did back when it was first released.

Halo 2 has framerate/pop in issues that weren't present in the original as well, although it's generally a lot better than CE.

Halo 3 is decent, except for a few levels where the framerate dip is game breaking.

Halo 4 is the worst offender by far, which many areas are dipping into the 10fps range when a checkpoint is loading etc.

In short: Campaign still has a number of problems that they have refused to fix or address as of yet.

I kinda want to take that OT title back as it's not a Halo reference.

That sucks. Yeah, almost every aspect of the game has been a pain in the ass.

Don't hold your breath though when you actually get it working. The campaign still has several issues:

Severe framerate dips in places, achievements not always unlocking, Save/Quit feature not working and losing progress (especially after updates).

Let's not forget to mention the terrible geometry in Halo CE Anniversary. So frequently you will be peeking around corners and shooting at your enemy to find out that the "remastered" version's geometry is a lot thinner or thicker than the original thus making you miss your shots and shoot the object in front of you (sometimes killing you if you have rockets).

Also, there is a terrible shadow cascade pop in present throughout the whole game... you literally see the shadows popping in. It's disgusting. There are frequent frame dips in Halo CE. The "original" graphics toggle isn't even the original Xbox version and looks far worse than it actually did back when it was first released.

Halo 2 has framerate/pop in issues that weren't present in the original as well, although it's generally a lot better than CE.

Halo 3 is decent, except for a few levels where the framerate dip is game breaking.

Halo 4 is the worst offender by far, which many areas are dipping into the 10fps range when a checkpoint is loading etc.

In short: Campaign still has a number of problems that they have refused to fix or address as of yet.
Compare to MP, SP is like a dream. I believe 343 is using regional MM which locks me in Asia where no one plays Xbox One.

Of all the additions in H5, I don't get why spartan chatter gets so much hate. Call outs have been part of competitive Halo since the dawn of time. Now that 343 implements them into the actual game, people lose their minds. They preach about their beloved skill gap, but don't realize spartan chatter actually increases competition that otherwise wouldn't exist. It's meant for the casual player to become more aware. It doesn't affect competitive players since they'll be calling out with mics anyway. This also helps people who constantly get matched up with teammates who don't have mics. It only helps competition. Am I missing something?

Maybe I should stop browsing Waypoint..

The chatter includes too much pointless stuff and high volume.
I got a DMR and nice assist get dull to listen to quite soon.

Top Bottom