• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

-Ryn

Banned
The chatter includes too much pointless stuff and high volume.
I got a DMR and nice assist get dull to listen to quite soon.
Hopefully they cut down on that stuff or even make it optional.

I'm still hoping for Spartan Chatter consisting only of funny lines as an option. There'd need to be a TON of them though to avoid constant repetition.

CliQ

Quick heads up, I won't be able to make at least the START of the Throwdown tonight. I could hopefully be on around starting 10:30/11pm EST.

No worries I'll be send out the Xbl message here soon to everyone. If anyone has my old Throwdown post for this week could someone repost it for me. I'm not at home right now.

Halo |OT 24| #NoMotionTracker

giphy.gif

wNjW3fC.jpg

***DAILY REMINDER***

Now that the Halo 5 Beta has passed it's time we power down those thrusters and get back to business! This weekend the MCC Throwdown will be returning and it is up to YOU what we play. If you don't know what the hell any of this is please take a minute to check out these two videos...

MCC Throwdown Highlights!

MOAR MCC Highlights!

Cast your vote here to decide what we play!

If you would like to be a part of the MCC Throwdown and I don't already know who you are please send me a PM with your gamertag and I will add you on Xbox Live.

If I do know who you are, well...

giphy.gif

See you on the battlefield!

~Courtesy of CLIQ

Madness

Breakdown - HaloGAF Community Montage #2 - Halo 5 Beta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ8pH8M15NE&feature=youtu.be

Feel free to post feedback. Some of the clips sent to me had missing/out of sync audio, so try not to focus on it too much :p

Feel free to make a gaming side thread too if you'd like.

Great video. Can't wait till final launch and we'd have ability to edit and make clips look much better from different angles.

Well done.

Madness and the Bane was hilarious, those dudes are new to FPS.

LOL, purposely wanted that clip to show how easy it is at garbage tier. I think I got to 12 kills at the start with the Bane before finally going down that match. Have quite a few of those types of clips, getting killing frenzy or running riot with sword or Bane.

Madness

I'm going to ask for the last time, no one is interested in an MCC montage then?

I'm down, but hardly anyone plays, it's going to be different than H5. You can just see, during the beta, everyday we had guys posting clips here etc. How many of us made clips, as opposed to made clips for MCC? I think I got more than 2-3x as many matches played in H5 than MCC. I'll try and start making clips in H2A, Halo 4, Halo 3 then, and try and game DVR things in CE or 2 just in case we decide to do one.

I don't think I have a single clip or something saved for MCC yet.

jem0208

I'm down, but hardly anyone plays, it's going to be different than H5. You can just see, during the beta, everyday we had guys posting clips here etc. How many of us made clips, as opposed to made clips for MCC? I think I got more than 2-3x as many matches played in H5 than MCC. I'll try and start making clips in H2A, Halo 4, Halo 3 then, and try and game DVR things in CE or 2 just in case we decide to do one.

I don't think I have a single clip or something saved for MCC yet.

Yeah, it is a bit of an issue. I've been lucky recently and had a bunch of games so I've grabbed a few okay clips.

I just went through some of my clips for the MCC and most of them are just funny moments, as opposed to "LEWK @ MAH SKEELZ."

I'm not looking to make a really serious montage. A mixture of L33T SkiLLz and funny stuff would probably be fine.

Just sent out a mass Xbl message to the Throwdown peeps. Just wanted to remind everyone in here as well that the Throwdown starts tonight at 10pm EST.

Heh, this is a good opportunity. Anyone who gets a good play make sure to record it and send it my way.

CliQ

Just sent out a mass Xbl message to the Throwdown peeps. Just wanted to remind everyone in here as well that the Throwdown starts tonight at 10pm EST.

I wonder if the MCC will be available on PC with the new Windows 10 cross play...

If it is released on PC and works well (including multiplayer), then that would redeem its reputation in my eyes.

Too bad it won't happen.

I'll try to swing by. Need a break from homework.

I'm not looking to make a really serious montage. A mixture of L33T SkiLLz and funny stuff would probably be fine.

Alright, I'll try to send you some within the next couple days.

I think I've gotten one triple kill during the entire beta. Rarely get flashy kills either.
Yeah, unfortunately the Beta matches usually had decent opponents so it was harder to get spectacular clips. Smart people are harder to own.

Oh good, I just sent you both. Sorry there are a lot, and a lot of them are probably not montage material...

So today I just completely ignored the game while it was searching and was able to get a few BTB games. 2 crashed before the game launched. Every single one was mismatched on team size (with my team having less). And every game took about 30 minutes to find. Pretty depressing :(

King Leo

Neo Member
The chatter includes too much pointless stuff and high volume.
I got a DMR and nice assist get dull to listen to quite soon.

I thought the chatter had some pretty good variety.. I was actually surprised at the detail. But I can understand how it will get repetitive if its the usual same thing, so optional makes sense. Hopefully by launch they'll have a shit load more dialogue.

Top Bottom