• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

Do we have a HaloGAF logo?

2a058590b0510c2e83462613e51549a9

Couldnt find a bigger version of it.

0b2QFr1.png

That face on Bonnie. She knew.

In all seriousness I feel bad for Dan, he seems like a nice guy. He was always very excited when he was talking about MCC, and he seemed very passionate about it. Shame the launch didn't go as planned.

Has 343i done any sort of community responses or Beta breakdowns or anything of the sort I might have missed?

I'm kinda disappointed on that front. Comparing with Reach or TRS forums after the Evolve Beta.

woodland

First game in the new patch.

Team BRs on Standoff, sweet. Could use more weapon variety but hey whatever.

Ends at 10 kills.

Thanks 343.

Just another updated version of the Donge-Blayn, gonna hopefully figure out how to go about coloring it this weekend (small possibility of that being animated, too):

binary_rifle_transform_60fps_by_prinzeugn-d8ewbge.gif

Newlove

No skill based matchmaking is really hurting the fun to have at the moment. Just finished a game 50-7, the other team could hardly control their player. It's no fun having team mates like that either, or peoplew who quit early as there's no ranking punishment.

darthbob

Tried to play some MCC MP tonight. Took ~15 minutes to find a game in the TS hopper, 3v3. SMG starts on Turf. Gets to about 20-15 and I notice that one of my teammates hasn't gotten a single kill, yet my opponents all have around 5-7 kills. Leave.

Next match took ~10 minutes. 3v3 Team BRs on Guardian. Okay great. Map starts to load, and then booted back to main menu. Connection Failure. Well fuck.

Search for another game. Sitting with 4 other people in a lobby, just waiting on either 1 or 3 more. We get 3 more players to load in, so it's looking like we're finally gonna have a 4v4 TS match. Well nope, because one player dropped during the Creating Teams portion of MM. Two of the other players are playing locally so it's him and a guest. They get split into different teams. 3v4 TS on Rat Race. I quit.

Fuck this game.

Just another updated version of the Donge-Blayn, gonna hopefully figure out how to go about coloring it this weekend (small possibility of that being animated, too):

This is really cool, nice work.

TTUVAPOR

Banned
I wonder how long it'll be before they tell us what on earth is in the $250 edition for H5. Seriously what could that even be?

That's not true! That's... improb

Yeah who is that guy? Sounds weird.

:(

I dunno why, but honestly, i thought you're (fuck me, the beer has taken effect, your is the correct word).
name this entire time was Ryu.

My apologies.

Did anyone see my OT fail? I'm JR now and can't create threads :( I feel super sad.

-Ryn

Banned

Looking brilliant dude.

Keep up the good work!

On to the Rum!!!

I dunno why, but honestly, i thought you're name this entire time was Ryu.

My apologies.
All is forgiven bro!

Ryu is pretty cool anyway. At least you didn't think my name was Ryan
thats happened 3 times...

Another good reason to give up on this franchise is that it takes too much skill for most people. Most people in the world are fricken morons. Result? Constantly terrible games with wildly incompetent teammates.

Rather pay cod where teammates can actually get kills more often.

Or I'm just getting old and sick of playing with idiots. I can't stomach it anymore.

I dunno why, but honestly, i thought you're (fuck me, the beer has taken effect, your is the correct word).
name this entire time was Ryu.

My apologies.

Did anyone see my OT fail? I'm JR now and can't create threads :( I feel super sad.

Ahaha, I and a lot of others got a good laugh out of it.
Good work.

I wouldn't care having JIP if if times between matches weren't so long. I mean, finding a match is like finding the holly grial, so if it lasts 1 minute I would be pissed, but if I just get playing another one it would be ok.

Also, don't CSR middle matches.

Guys, the delay is a test. They're weeding out the meek so the only people that'll ultimately tell their friends about the update "improvements" are the ones they have learned to embrace a life of settling and compromise and take any modicum of progress they can get.

us gamers huh

CliQ

I know lol. I'm saying that you're a terrible human bean for making those 4 people wait until the match was finished instead of just quitting and starting a new match.

It's really frustrating when there is one enemy who sticks around in a 4v1 because they have this "NEVER QUIT" mentality. I usually end up quitting these matches because what's the point waiting 12+ minutes for one match? If I'm on the team with less numbers and see that I still have a chance, I'll stick it out, but if it's an obvious blowout then I find it unfair for the one to stick around.

I am one of those never quitters FUNKNOWN. I also win though so...

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I only periodically boot up MCC now to update my clan tag so it reflects the correct number of days the game has been broken.

#74 DAYZ BRKN

-Ryn

Banned
So it turns out spiced rum and jalapeño chips don't mix well... at all.

I have pleasant emotions in my heart for you.
<3

I guess MCC has some leeway left before going down as worst launch in history.

BF4 was still broken after ~180 days.
OPTIMISM!!

Really though I miss when games were actually released complete. I'm wondering if there should be a required free beta for any game released these days that have online features (maybe that's a bit extreme). This can't keep happening because it's awful for both the companies and gamers involved.

VinFTW

Montage is saving now. Then uploading. Should be up in less than 2 hours. Will link here if someone wants to make a thread for it after I link it.

joined a 3v3 team hardcore midship ball game. Kill 1 guy, grab ball, go to melee guy with ball, hit him twice, lags around me, melees me twice, I die, I quit. Done with mcc for another 2 weeks.

-Ryn

Banned
Holy shit, your hangover must be incredible.
I'm pretty sure nuclear fusion is occuring inside me right now...

Headache finally seems to be fading after drinking half a gallon of water though.
Drinking all of that water last night probably helped

My roommate loves music...

Team Deathmatch always worked great for me in BF4, it seemed to just be the big player game types that were broken, so at least it was partially working
For me the halo 4 playlist works great, btb works(w/long wait times 5-15 min) slayer seems to work, CE works, H2A works on both rumble and team, about the only thing that does seem to work is halo 3 playlist.

They left us with no Halo to play. 343 should have extended that H5 beta no doubt.
Note as above IDK why it would work for some and not others? cuz really it work just fine(other then wait times and quitters)

King Leo

Neo Member
Of all the additions in H5, I don't get why spartan chatter gets so much hate. Call outs have been part of competitive Halo since the dawn of time. Now that 343 implements them into the actual game, people lose their minds. They preach about their beloved skill gap, but don't realize spartan chatter actually increases competition that otherwise wouldn't exist. It's meant for the casual player to become more aware. It doesn't affect competitive players since they'll be calling out with mics anyway. This also helps people who constantly get matched up with teammates who don't have mics. It only helps competition. Am I missing something?

Maybe I should stop browsing Waypoint..

Top Bottom