• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

#FreEugn

Ayy Eugn, are you getting a lot of that aim demagnetism too? CE's been really bad with that lately.

We were all complaining about that. It's such a weird problem. Sometimes I notice the reticule doesn't move, but the pistol shots go everywhere.

*sigh*

It honestly was better before they "improved" the hit boxes and CE netcode...

Damnnn, that was a fun game Eugn, thought we had that. Fun stuff, let's play some Halo 4 since another friend is about to join.

EDIT: No motion tracker feels so good..

Getting booted from the throwdown? oh no!
My precious feelings Karl

#EugnDefenseForce
Yay me!

#FreEugn

Ayy Eugn, are you getting a lot of that aim demagnetism too? CE's been really bad with that lately.

Yeah, it seems really random. Different times, different players. Even happened in customs.

EDIT: MCC and the Party app really teaming up to make that Xbone experience as frustrating as possible.

EDIT 2: Multiplayer not allowed until your privileges are checked? How is that real?

-Ryn

Banned
Cliq how can you think a gentleman such as Prinz, who made such an utterly astounding weapon design, could possibly be the vexatious rapscallion of which you speak?

For shame...

video games are in a depressing state atm for me fellas, I have GTA4 on PS4 right now... never played it, ever and I just dont feel like playing video games ever since the H5 beta ended and this CU beta got delayed.

Halo being in such a shit state is ruining my gaming habits. Now I wasted a perfectly good post-party-gaming-late-Saturday-night session and am just going to be early.
Don't forget the plethora of games coming out this year my friend.

Nintendo has Zelda, Smash (already out), Splatoon, and more on the way. Sony has No Man's Sky amongst MANY other titles like Bloodborne. Xbox has Scalebound, Evolve, Ori, and more still!

There's a lot of gaming to be had this year. Don't give up bro!!

Impala26

Don't forget the plethora of games coming out this year my friend.

Nintendo has Zelda, Smash (already out), Splatoon, and more on the way. Sony has No Man's Sky amongst MANY other titles like Bloodborne. Xbox has Scalebound, Evolve, Ori, and more still!

There's a lot of gaming to be had this year. Don't give up bro!!

AKA the game Destiny SHOULD'VE been...
I keed
or DO I?

Still kinda salty that Sony has it as an exclusive... such is life I suppose.

-Ryn

Banned
AKA the game Destiny SHOULD'VE been...
I keed
or DO I?

Still kinda salty that Sony has it as an exclusive... such is life I suppose.
It is a bummer certainly.
I think it's also coming to PC though right? Either way I'm incredibly excited. I'm really interested in their yet to be revealed plans for a more traditional multiplayer.

If this game holds up to what it's been promising, it's going to be everything Destiny should've been and MORE!

I certainly don't keed about that ;)

It is a bummer certainly.
I think it's also coming to PC though right? Either way I'm incredibly excited. I'm really interested in their yet to be revealed plans for a more traditional multiplayer.

If this game holds up to what it's been promising, it's going to be everything Destiny should've been and MORE!

I certainly don't keed about that ;)

It will be disappointing. I'm sure of it. A game promising to be so large simply cannot be filled with interesting enough things especially from a small studio.

With that said, if it proves me wrong then the majority of all game developers should hang their heads in shame.

-Ryn

Banned
It will be disappointing. I'm sure of it. A game promising to be so large simply cannot be filled with interesting enough things especially from a small studio.

With that said, if it proves me wrong then the majority of all game developers should hang their heads in shame.
I think the thing that I find ironic is that with a game promising to be so huge, what I'm most worried about is whether it'll have enough content or not.

I don't doubt the scale of the game. I'm sure they have that nailed.
What I wonder is how much can I affect the world around me. How is the game part of the gameplay? Minecraft allows players to create whatever they want, which is why such basic gameplay is fine. Will I ever be able to build a city in No Mans Sky? I know they've discussed the possibility of building. I really hope they capitalize on this potential.

In the end though, as long as they can give the player enough to do, I'll be fine. If being a Space Pirate or a Space cargo shipper or a Space adventurer feel rewarding, I can live without the building. I just want to go on an adventure...

I REALLY hope it blows us all away. I want to see something finally live up to the hype of this level.
Plus I kinda want Destiny to EAT IT!

MouldyK

15742204213_0de41e64bf_o.png

16175968909_87693efcca_o.png

16174572088_7cff7b7663_o.png

Psh, I have no job, but still wouldn't waste a day of my life getting uneven teams.

Impala26

More this than anything for sure. However, I think I'd find myself lost and spending way more time in a "planetary sandbox" kind of game that NMS is looking to be than a repetitive grindy one that Destiny is, so it would take a lot to disappoint me with it.

In other news, in case yinz didn't know, Cyan the company behind the Myst series is due to release a brand new adventure title this year called Obduction. It was funded primarily through a Kickstarter amount of roughly $1.3 million at the end of 2013.

Madness

The biggest piss off is that Sony moneyhatted No Man's Sky into exclusivity and no one is even in a fraction of an uproar that would've happened if it was the other way around. I think the bigger loss for me was Street Fighter 5. I was playing the original, arcades, and then on SNES I bought world warrior, turbo hyper fighting and super. All of this before Sony was even a games company and now I have to miss out on the next iteration.

Back on topic, why did you receive that in your email Mouldy K? I'd actually like if they jump-started advertising for MCC again. Anything to bring some life back into the game. Maybe bring back the ODST television ads, and then say, better than ever only for the MCC etc.

MouldyK

Back on topic, why did you receive that in your email Mouldy K? I'd actually like if they jump-started advertising for MCC again. Anything to bring some life back into the game. Maybe bring back the ODST television ads, and then say, better than ever only for the MCC etc.

Iunno. To remind me I wasted my money?

There was also ones for FIFA, Ass Creed and another when it said "Customise your own", so I guess it's just random and they never got the memo that the game is broken.

jem0208

So any game in MCC is fair game? Deadline?

Yeah, I don't mind which game.

Uhm, I've already started working on it but if I get some good clips I can chop and change stuff, I'm only halfway through anyway. I'm kind of adding clips as I get them.

Probably will be finished sometime next week.

Hey FUNKNOWN, I need some #nomotiontracker clips for my montage. I'm seriously lacking in them.

Great montage Vin, too bad I missed out submitting clips.

MCC montage, submit your clips!

Had a good time playing the throwdown with you guys last night. Halo CE is such an odd beast, but I had fun. Next week maybe some Halo 2?

Fuchsdh

More this than anything for sure. However, I think I'd find myself lost and spending way more time in a "planetary sandbox" kind of game that NMS is looking to be than a repetitive grindy one that Destiny is, so it would take a lot to disappoint me with it.

In other news, in case yinz didn't know, Cyan the company behind the Myst series is due to release a brand new adventure title this year called Obduction. It was funded primarily through a Kickstarter amount of roughly $1.3 million at the end of 2013.

Yep, that's why I'm not really hyped about No Man's Sky—it's a lot of buzzwords, right now, no indication whether it will really have the scope to arrest attention.

Obduction looks interesting—I was a KS backer, definitely looking forward to another Myst-like game. Shame they don't seem to exist anymore...

Tawpgun

I am super intrigued at no mans sky but I feel it will turn into one of those things where the novelty runs out within a few hours.

I am super intrigued at no mans sky but I feel it will turn into one of those things where the novelty runs out within a few hours.

Me too, but then again Minecraft somehow maintains my interest, so I guess it depends.

Alright, final call for clips. I need like 3 or 4 good clips and I can finish the montage!

http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/0d0bde36-0bd0-40ce-8fae-edae5fc967f0

...and the cross-map rocket dodge in case you missed it (starts about :15):
http://xboxclips.com/Prinz+Eugn/011275eb-557f-4b36-bb5e-ff4fcf81ce59

Yup I have had Cyan's new game on my radar for a while now. I loved Myst, Riven, and Myst III. hope this lives up to the quality of those games.

VinFTW

The only game I want coming up is Hardline, even then, meh, really nothing till Bloodborne for me.

Is anybody getting Hardline here? Might get it if I can get a crew to play w/

I'm trying to picture a Halo 4 montage, and all I get is 10 minutes of Incineration Cannon ordnance drops. Such skill

After Effects superimposed supercomputer UI surrounds the ordnance meter, which gets a dramatic closeup

Aggressively vibrating screen effects on picking Ordnance Priority in the loadout menu

Decided to try MCC for the first time in a while. Find a match in the CE playlist after about 2 minutes of searching, and then found a match!

But then we get map control and the other team quits out. Match doesn't end, and it's just my team in the game. Well alrighty.

Decided to try MCC for the first time in a while. Find a match in the CE playlist after about 2 minutes of searching, and then found a match!

But then we get map control and the other team quits out. Match doesn't end, and it's just my team in the game. Well alrighty.

You guys have to finish the game by doing dudebro high gives, head bobs, and fist pumps.

What the heck is up with xbox clips? It's taking forever to update...

Alright, final call for clips. I need like 3 or 4 good clips and I can finish the montage!

wtf, xbox clips not working. oh well. you don't have to wait for me.

Top Bottom