• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Hey FUNKNOWN, I need some #nomotiontracker clips for my montage. I'm seriously lacking in them.
What's important to note in these clips is how I am constantly looking around my surroundings and making predictions based on combat awareness. If I see teammates in a certain area not fighting while I'm moving/looking towards another, I can make a safe assumption that the enemies might be in the last couple of areas due to process of elimination. It's really nothing elaborate, you just have to be active in caring about your performance and improving as a player.

People just don't know what they haven't experienced. It's really as simple as that. Those who want motion tracker just think they do, but they don't realize how it negatively impacts their skill progression. I imagine this is similar to Josh Holmes and The Great Sprint Debate because he thinks he knows what's best for the general demographic of the Halo franchise, and he may be right in the end, but I just hope one day 343 holds the same beliefs I do regarding The Great Motion Tracker Debate.

BONUS CLIP
And one more for Tashi. The third kill in this clip shows why it's important to throw grenades, many grenades, in CE because they are great for covering/blocking an area, providing you with enough time to get situated whether it's to buy a few seconds to regenerate or position yourself properly for an attack.

What's important to note in these clips is how I am constantly looking around my surroundings and making predictions based on combat awareness. If I see teammates in a certain area not fighting while I'm moving/looking towards another, I can make a safe assumption that the enemies might be in the last couple of areas due to process of elimination. It's really nothing elaborate, you just have to be active in caring about your performance and improving as a player.

People just don't know what they haven't experienced. It's really as simple as that. Those who want motion tracker just think they do, but they don't realize how it negatively impacts their skill progression. I imagine this is similar to Josh Holmes and The Great Sprint Debate because he thinks he knows what's best for the general demographic of the Halo franchise, and he may be right in the end, but I just hope one day 343 holds the same beliefs I do regarding The Great Motion Tracker Debate.

BONUS CLIP
And one more for Tashi. The third kill in this clip shows why it's important to throw grenades, many grenades, in CE because they are great for covering/blocking an area, providing you with enough time to get situated whether it's to buy a few seconds to regenerate or position yourself properly for an attack.

Nice! These games seem familiar...

Sorry if I missed you last night, I tried to invite you after we got split from Scooby, but not sure if it worked.

-Ryn

Banned
The only game I want coming up is Hardline, even then, meh, really nothing till Bloodborne for me.

Is anybody getting Hardline here? Might get it if I can get a crew to play w/
MI0001389343.jpg

?

lol, if you think Destiny is disappointing, I'm sure NMS will deliver completely on its hype.
Not sure how you mean this... like... is it supposed to be a dig at NMS?

Kibbles

Did the update beta start yet? I got accepted but haven't been updated since. I thought it was supposed to be this whole weekend?

-Ryn

Banned
I just realized I was dreaming you guys had played the update beta and were saying it was amazing and Halo is finally saved/fixed.

Weird

Did the update beta start yet? I got accepted but haven't been updated since. I thought it was supposed to be this whole weekend?

Was delayed so Stinkles could botch it again.

I just realized I was dreaming you guys had played the update beta and were saying it was amazing and Halo is finally saved/fixed.

Weird

Your brain realized that the only way to make happiness come to you is alter reality while you were dreaming. Go back to sleep, the world is a better place there.

giphy.gif

Nice! These games seem familiar...

Sorry if I missed you last night, I tried to invite you after we got split from Scooby, but not sure if it worked.
I tried logging back in after that Halo 4 crash when we had a party of 4, but I couldn't see my roster/friends lol, so I gave up. Fun matches though! You and CliQ need to kiss and make up, you're both cool peeps. Kangaroo Fahz was probably the issue
rekt

So much fun when this game works, but tiresome and soul-draining when it doesn't ;[

I tried logging back in after that Halo 4 crash when we had a party of 4, but I couldn't see my roster/friends lol, so I gave up. Fun matches though! You and CliQ need to kiss and make up, you're both cool peeps. Kangaroo Fahz was probably the issue
rekt

So much fun when this game works, but tiresome and soul-draining when it doesn't ;[

I think someone is still bitter about me calling you an idiot sarcastically on the internetz.

idiot

nou.

Stop being defensive, I'm just messing with you fran <3

fookin scrub quit floodin' this thread with yo' bitchin'

EDIT: My defense is too strong. You cannot destroy these walls, sawftie.

rekt
[

Oh yeah, I'm not mad at CliQ, though getting booted while I am in the process of switching of switching chat from Team to All Players so I could actually talk to him was ironic and annoying. The way game chat works in MCC I think it's basically impossible to know who says what (in H3 for example it just shows the party chat icon for everyone), which we apparently just discovered makes it fairly easy to troll custom games semi-anonymously.

Joe

possible halo5 story spoiler question, you've been warned

does it irritate anyone else that in halo5 you dont play as master chief? in the grand scheme of the story playing as the arbiter in halo2 makes sense. it sucked at the time but it was kind of important to get it out of the way to establish part 3 and a really good story. maybe the same will happen with regards to halo5 but the difference is i had faith in bungie and i have zero faith in 343.

edit:

to be fair i have yet to play halo4 so im not really too sure to have faith in how they handle halo5 story, just basing my lack of faith on MCC

...The way game chat works in MCC I think it's basically impossible to know who says what...

Not to mention every 5 minutes some of us have to unplug and plug the mic back in to just hear people.

Didn't Halo use to have a mic system where you saw the person's Gamer Tag and an active mic symbol appear on your screen when they talked?

Ridiculous if they removed that...

hit reg was terrible in CE last night, especially mixed with aim assist keeping the reticule off the target.

possible halo5 story spoiler question, you've been warned

does it irritate anyone else that in halo5 you dont play as master chief? in the grand scheme of the story playing as the arbiter in halo2 makes sense. it sucked at the time but it was kind of important to get it out of the way to establish part 3 and a really good story. maybe the same will happen with regards to halo5 but the difference is i had faith in bungie and i have zero faith in 343.

edit:

to be fair i have yet to play halo4 so im not really too sure to have faith in how they handle halo5 story, just basing my lack of faith on MCC

Frankie confirmed that you do play as Master Chief and Locke in different missions. But with Frankie's track record of saying, "X will be fixed in the MCC" and it not getting fixed...I don't necessarily trust that John will be the one we play as the most.

Not to mention every 5 minutes some of us have to unplug and plug the mic back in to just hear people.

Didn't Halo use to have a mic system where you saw the person's Gamer Tag and an active mic symbol appear on your screen when they talked?

Ridiculous if they removed that...

hit reg was terrible in CE last night, especially mixed with aim assist keeping the reticule off the target.

I don't know about CE, but everything after had chat indicators where you could see who was talking (unless they were in Party Chat so it didn't matter anyway) and mute them if you needed to via the scoreboard. MCC's proprietary chat voodoo apparently removed that functionality, at least as far as I know. No luck last night, at least.

Hit detection was iffy, but that anti-magnetism was ridic! And it was random, too, so no luck trying to compensate for it until after trying to aim initially, by which time you are already losing a duel.

Impala26

Yep, that's why I'm not really hyped about No Man's Sky&#8212;it's a lot of buzzwords, right now, no indication whether it will really have the scope to arrest attention.

lol, if you think Destiny is disappointing, I'm sure NMS will deliver completely on its hype.

It's 2015 and I'm almost 30 years old, it's safe to say I know how to avoid hype and temper expectations... :p
Needless to say I right proper lost myself in the Space Phase of spore because it was basically an open-ended planetary sandbox which is exactly what NMS looks to be.

Obduction looks interesting&#8212;I was a KS backer, definitely looking forward to another Myst-like game. Shame they don't seem to exist anymore...

Yup I have had Cyan's new game on my radar for a while now. I loved Myst, Riven, and Myst III. hope this lives up to the quality of those games.

I seriously can't wait. It's really a shame that the kind of genre of adventure/puzzle game of the Myst series doesn't really exist in the gaming sphere anymore. Again, it would seriously have to be a trainwreck of a game to disappointment me because it's exactly the kind of game I've been yearning for for awhile now.

Weird

Yeah, that's the type of dream that wakes you up. You know it's too good to be true, you start to question it and then bam back to consciousness.

Edit: what do you guys mean by anti magnetism in CE?

jem0208

By the way, that final call was not a final call at all. I've been busy for the last few hours so I haven't done anything. I might add another song as well so the more clips the merrier. Anyway, it's looking pretty good at the moment.

Yeah, that's the type of dream that wakes you up. You know it's too good to be true, you start to question it and then bam back to consciousness.

Edit: what do you guys mean by anti magnetism in CE?

CE's auto aim is kinda fucked up in the MCC, sometimes it pushes your reticule away from your target.

It's 2015 and I'm almost 30 years old, it's safe to say I know how to avoid hype and temper expectations... :p
Needless to say I right proper lost myself in the Space Phase of spore because it was basically an open-ended planetary sandbox which is exactly what NMS looks to be.

I seriously can't wait. It's really a shame that the kind of genre of adventure/puzzle game of the Myst series doesn't really exist in the gaming sphere anymore. Again, it would seriously have to be a trainwreck of a game to disappointment me because it's exactly the kind of game I've been yearning for for awhile now.

Well we have "The Witness" to look forward to. I think that might tap into my desire. Heck, it even takes place on an island =)

I feel like the odd one out because Riven is one of my favorite games of all time. It didn't treat me like an idiot and had no tutorials. You just get dropped into this beautiful world and have to solve the problem that is only solve-able if you make the connections between all the islands...absolutely fantastic.

And the guy keeps punching! Amazing. There needs to be a looped gif of that guy just punching away forever in the next |OT|

By the way, that final call was not a final call at all. I've been busy for the last few hours so I haven't done anything. I might add another song as well so the more clips the merrier. Anyway, it's looking pretty good at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xn0Q2m6TAg ?

Impala26

Well we have "The Witness" to look forward to. I think that might tap into my desire. Heck, it even takes place on an island =)

I feel like the odd one out because Riven is one of my favorite games of all time. It didn't treat me like an idiot and had no tutorials. You just get dropped into this beautiful world and have to solve the problem that is only solve-able if you make the connections between all the islands...absolutely fantastic.

No, no, no... not odd one out at all. Clearly we're both children of the 90's.

The_cc0e2c_1887611.gif

Madness

It's sad I haven't made a single MCC clip. There is just no urge to when playing for some reason. Maybe it's because of Halo 4, I haven't really done much theater. There was no file share for a while, and I never use Waypoint. Things were just easier with Bnet and file shares during the time of Halo 3/Reach.

Most of my clips for H5 are either from the early early access, or the first week or two of the beta. Once the newness wore off, I definitely didn't record as much.

-Ryn

Banned
Will the One EVER have music streaming for games?

I want to be able to play my righteous beats while I play Halo like I always have, but as far as I know they still haven't added the ability.

Your brain realized that the only way to make happiness come to you is alter reality while you were dreaming. Go back to sleep, the world is a better place there.

giphy.gif
I don't want to live a lie!! D:

I just want them to not be lies :(

No, no, no... not odd one out at all. Clearly we're both children of the 90's.

The_cc0e2c_1887611.gif
FOOTBALL HEAD

Akai__

What if you play as the Master Chief, Agent Locke, AND the Arbiter? I want this, badly.

Yep, that would be pretty cool. Even if Arbiter is only playable in co-op (like in Halo 3) it would be good enough.

I really like the two Halo 5 cutscenes we have seen so far. Arbiter's and Locke's voice are pretty awesome to listen to. I think Locke will make a pretty interesting character.

Glass

Yeah I'm pretty excited for the H5 campaign, so long as a prerequisite to understanding the story isn't to have read a bunch of extended universe novels.

I'm hoping it's not a coincidence the latest novel deals with Buck becoming a spartan, and we have Locke leading a team of as yet unknown spartans to find Chief... And who knows what the main enemy type will even be. Lots of possibilities with this story.

Cow

Map voting needs to go in MCC. You go into a playlist and you play what you get, would be much better. Wasn't MCC supposed to preload the map and game type or something?

jem0208

Alright. I think I'm finished.

It's pretty short, just under 4 minutes. Haven't bothered with bloopers, although I may do a second montage for that, not sure yet. Biggest problem for me is that my upload speed is about 0.33 mbps... So anything even small stuff take forever to upload.

Yeah I'm pretty excited for the H5 campaign, so long as a prerequisite to understanding the story isn't to have read a bunch of extended universe novels.

I'm hoping it's not a coincidence the latest novel deals with Buck becoming a spartan, and we have Locke leading a team of as yet unknown spartans to find Chief... And who knows what the main enemy type will even be. Lots of possibilities with this story.

The biggest question mark of the game, and also the biggest part I'm looking forward to.

I'd be more than happy to have a GTAV-style trifecta with Chief, Arby and Locke as playable characters. The Prophet's Bane is a wieldable weapon, after all.

I'm also more than happy with Chief not being playable in the future. Dude's saved the galaxy countless times now. Lower the stakes for once. Pull an Attack on Titan and once the meaty space opera spectacle is over, focus on some more personal, intimate storylines like ODST where the tone shifts more to stuff like political subterfuge.

Madness

Got the ole refunderino on MCC, they didn't even fight me!

Guess this means you're not taking over organizing the tournament Kittens was supposed to? But damn, I wonder what sales actually are, they fell off a cliff after the first week, and people have been refunding it pretty easily.

Top Bottom