• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 23| Thruster is Love, Thruster is Life

Madness

Would you rebuy it if it does ever get fixed?

I don't think he will. He's kind of said he hasn't really liked CE, Halo 2 very much in MCC, how they play. Plus really hated Halo 4, and I doubt he's dying to play Halo 3. I think Ram is officially a Halo 5 kid now.

Akai__

Just had the best Halo 3 game in a while (Crazy King on Guardian). Man this game is so perfect, when it actually works.
Except for AR starts. :p

jem0208

Well that's bloody annoying. Uploaded the montage, audio is out of sync.

Time to try again...

Alright, sound issue is fixed. Will re-upload tomorrow morning, otherwise known as most of you guys' evenings.

Ramirez

Guess this means you're not taking over organizing the tournament Kittens was supposed to? But damn, I wonder what sales actually are, they fell off a cliff after the first week, and people have been refunding it pretty easily.

I'd completely forgot about that, lol.

Would you rebuy it if it does ever get fixed?

I dunno, maybe? I don't think the games have aged well once I went back to them. Not to mention hardly anyone I played with back then is playing it.

I'm ok with being labeled a H5 kid, shit was good.
kappa.png

#nomotiontracker

Deception

Actually had a fun game in CE 1v2 on Prisoner. The kids I were playing weren't bad and we had a few good back and forths fighting for the RL and camo. I ended up winning 48-39 tho so I'm sure they were pissed lol

Edit: also I have a lot of good halo 5 clips if anyone wants to use them in a montage ;)

http://xboxdvr.com/JAYRMe D

Akai__

Actually had a fun game in CE 1v2 on Prisoner. The kids I were playing weren't bad and we had a few good back and forths fighting for the RL and camp. I ended up winning 48-39 tho so I'm sure they were pissed lol

I just had a 2vs4 match on Epitaph. Luckily it was BR starts and we managed to win 50-30 something. The people in the other team were so frustrated, that they teabagged after each kill and started to betray each other. Classic Halo experience. :D

Oh yeah, BR starts make a difference in uneven match ups, because you can actually kill stuff with your BR.

Madness

Clamber has really fucked the old games for me, I keep wanting to just grab ledges and hoist myself up.

I've enjoyed Halo 3 the most in MCC, it's just worked pretty great. The glaring issues are just poor movement, it's so slow and a wonky BR.

Edit: actually, I like H2A best. It's everything I wanted Halo 4 to be. I'd have loved if this had 20+ maps.

Impala26

I'd completely forgot about that, lol.

I dunno, maybe? I don't think the games have aged well once I went back to them. Not to mention hardly anyone I played with back then is playing it.

I'm ok with being labeled a H5 kid, shit was good.
kappa.png

So, I went back and played Destiny for a couple hours earlier today...

2720461-6737392928-tumbl.gif

Ramirez

So, I went back and played Destiny for a couple hours earlier today...

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/648/6483659/2720461-6737392928-tumbl.gif[/MG][/QUOTE]

I'm not saying Destiny is the greatest thing ever, but the internet backlash is hilariously unwarranted.

Impala26

I'm not saying Destiny is the greatest thing ever, but the internet backlash is hilariously unwarranted.

I know, never meant to imply it was bad. Actually had a random public event during my playthrough that reminded me how intense and fun the firefights can get. It's just that it gets so grindy and repetitive with certain things and my God I forgot how LOL-random Crucible is for the most part.

I'd love it if they had something like a "Throwback" mode in Crucible where it basically plays without supers/abilities and a limited pre-set weapon set. Idk...maybe like Halo with even starts? I know it would never happen, but I can dream. XD

Unwarranted? Bungie worked on that game for how many years and had what kind of budget? Was Bungie a first-time studio or have they been around for a long time and produced quality products before? Are we talking about the same Bungie who pioneered XBL/Matchmaking and were once respected as one of the best developers around?

Unwarranted, eh? I strongly disagree.

EDIT:
The raids are one of the best things to ever happen to a FPS, so no.
Claim there bruh.

Madness

I definitely think Destiny's biggest problem was people overhyped the shit out of it. Coupled with poor communication in the lead up. Whether it's a bad game is really subjective. I don't think it is. It's sold like hotcakes, still top ten in NPD, GAF gets a new Destiny OT like every week, people are playing it every day, week after week.

Campaign and story wise it's really poor, but it's made up for it with its PvE raid and strike design I think. People are playing it just like they used to play ODST firefight back in the day.

I just played the Beta, but Destiny just seemed like a really polished but transparent attempt to make an FPS Skinner box, and the story was a nonsensical stab at grandeur that fell flat. I mean, it was fun but it's wasn't an efficient use of my relaxation time. I feel more accomplished when I play Minecraft, and more social when I play Halo no matter how buggy.

Impala26

We should have a HaloGAF plays Reach night! (semi-serious)

Obviously only BTB and/or Invasion if we were doing matchmaking. I mean, if people are shying away from MCC at the moment, it might be a decent stab to get a Halo fix for some for the time being.

I feel bad that I missed out on any Reach customs that were done here years back. Probably some good maps and gametypes played. I guess I would have to plug my 360 back in for that action though, lol.

RBK

Banned
I thought about re downloading Destiny recently, but I remember how much I hated getting killed by fucking Blade Dancers.

There wasn't enough incentive for me to keep replaying strikes for Light Gear. Didn't have enough friends to do the Raid plus the Crucible is/was horribly unbalanced.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
We should have a HaloGAF plays Reach night! (semi-serious)

Obviously only BTB and/or Invasion if we were doing matchmaking. I mean, if people are shying away from MCC at the moment, it might be a decent stab to get a Halo fix for some for the time being.

I feel bad that I missed out on any Reach customs that were done here years back. Probably some good maps and gametypes played. I guess I would have to plug my 360 back in for that action though, lol.

I would if it was ported. Don't have a 360 any longer.

VinFTW

The raids are one of the best things to ever happen to a FPS, so no.

For the game Destiny is trying to be, and the already spectacular raid experiences you can get elsewhere, the raids in Destiny are kind of a joke.

Beating hard modes and raids withing a few hours completely negates the games core draw-in. It's longevity and value lies within the fact that you need to run them over, and over, and over in order to get the loot you need, rather than making them challenging, elaborate and lengthy and receiving more loot (the way it should be). Which is how you can describe the rest of the game.

An addicting, carrot on a stick experience for people who want to repeat the same mundane tasks over and over.

No different than dailies in WoW, which I did for years, so I can't blame you, but calling it one of the best things to ever happen to an FPS is weak.

Guarantee the raids in BL3 will be much better considering BL2 already does it better than Destiny.

TLDR: As someone whos played WoW for years, Destiny laughably tries to be an MMO with very little reward and fails in most aspects. It basically takes all the worst aspects of MMOs and makes them mandatory to run over and over.

Ramirez

For the game Destiny is trying to be, and the already spectacular raid experiences you can get elsewhere, the raids in Destiny are kind of a joke.

Beating hard modes and raids withing a few hours completely negates the games core draw-in. It's longevity and value lies within the fact that you need to run them over, and over, and over in order to get the loot you need, rather than making them challenging, elaborate and lengthy and receiving more loot (the way it should be). Which is how you can describe the rest of the game.

An addicting, carrot on a stick experience for people who want to repeat the same mundane tasks over and over.

No different than dailies in WoW, which I did for years, so I can't blame you, but calling it one of the best things to ever happen to an FPS is weak.

Guarantee the raids in BL3 will be much better considering BL2 already does it better than Destiny.

TLDR: As someone whos played WoW for years, Destiny laughably tries to be an MMO with very little reward and fails in most aspects. It basically takes all the worst aspects of MMOs and makes them mandatory to run over and over.

I've played WoW for a long time bud, no need to give out education on the subject.

You're talking about a studio that made nothing but typical FPS campaigns for years transitioning over to tackle a subject not seen in the FPS space. Of course it's going to be rough around the edges, these dudes are learning as they go.

Judging FPS raids to WoW raids is dumb anyways. You're given so much more freedom in a FPS that doesn't have to be accounted for in a WoW raid. Apples to oranges.

If it were so easy, there'd be a ton of this content out there, but there isn't.

I've played WoW for a long time bud, no need to give out education on the subject.
What a badass.
You're talking about a studio that made nothing but typical FPS campaigns for years transitioning over to tackle a subject not seen in the FPS space. Of course it's going to be rough around the edges, these dudes are learning as they go.

Judging FPS raids to WoW raids is dumb anyways. You're given so much more freedom in a FPS that doesn't have to be accounted for in a WoW raid. Apples to oranges.

If it were so easy, there'd be a ton of this content out there, but there isn't.
There comes a point where we have to stop making excuses for our favorite developers. This isn't Bungie's first go-around; a lot of talent and experience at that studio. You make the same excuses we all make to our non-Halo fan friends to mask our disappointment so they could be interested.

We're all sad.

EDIT:
But Blizzard is my favorite dev, weird.
Didn't know there was an inherent limitation to only being allowed one favorite developer as a complex human bean, interesting.

Ramirez

What a badass.

There comes a point where we have to stop making excuses for our favorite developers. This isn't Bungie's first go-around; a lot of talent and experience at that studio. You make the same excuses we all make to our non-Halo fan friends to mask our disappointment so they could be interested.

We're all sad.

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I talk about Destiny's shortcomings daily at HGS, I barely play it anymore. I just take issue with people saying it's a 5-6/10 game, that's pretty ludicrous to me. It's a new IP with some neat ideas that need to be tweaked to really tap into something special.

Madness

I'm not making excuses for anyone, I talk about Destiny's shortcomings daily at HGS, I barely play it anymore. I just take issue with people saying it's a 5-6/10 game, that's pretty ludicrous to me. It's a new IP with some neat ideas that need to be tweaked to really tap into something special.

Overwatch is definitely one game to watch. Going to be pretty amazing from what little I've seen of the game play.

Fuchsdh

Well we have "The Witness" to look forward to. I think that might tap into my desire. Heck, it even takes place on an island =)

I feel like the odd one out because Riven is one of my favorite games of all time. It didn't treat me like an idiot and had no tutorials. You just get dropped into this beautiful world and have to solve the problem that is only solve-able if you make the connections between all the islands...absolutely fantastic.

I didn't solve Riven without looking up guides, and I doubt I ever would have. But to me the world building the games did was always more interesting to me.

Speaking of which, I'd love puzzle-type elements in Halo. Nothing like physics puzzles in HL2, because those were annoying, but it'd be cool if you could leverage previous knowledge or observation to gain an advantage, finish a level quicker, find better weapons, etc.

Why is someone else's opinion and scale systems something you take an issue with? Ludicrous seems.. strong.

I think you're underestimating the understandable disappointment long time fans have felt after playing Destiny, especially if that's what they bought a console for.

EDIT:
Overwatch is definitely one game to watch. Going to be pretty amazing from what little I've seen of the game play.
Overwatch looks awesome.

Impala26

I would if it was ported. Don't have a 360 any longer.

Aww man...

Wanna know something? I have never (barring times where I've gotten duplicates) sold any of my games or consoles in my whole life. I've literally got a bag with an N64 and games in my living room that I haven't touched in months since I moved to my current apartment. My 360 is just quietly sitting there next to my TV too--a silent sentinel of what used to be...

I guess the thing is I never know if/when I might get the itch to play an old game, but it does happen on occasion. And I'm typically select about what I buy so I don't have a mountain of crap games to sift through either. Well there probably are some stinkers in that N64 bag most likely, lol.

With the moves by the gaming industry to not really support backward compatibility on consoles I think I'm satisfied with my current M.O.

All that aside, I STILL think a HaloGAF Reach night should be a thing. Hell maybe we should consider playing games we're no good at and record the results for a LULZ Montage.

I'm grasping at straws here while we waiting an indeterminate amount of time before MCC works in a reasonable manner or H5 comes out this Fall. We should be able to think of SOMETHING, right guys!?!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm usually under the mentality that if something's been sitting around for 6mos - 1year I will either toss it or sell it.

I hate hanging onto old shit.

jem0208

Is it fixed yet? A HaloGAF MCC montage

I know the name kinda sucks, I used it entirely because of a little Easter egg I put in right at the start.
Hint: subliminal messaging, kinda.

It's pretty short, I haven't bothered with a bloopers part, I may make a part two for bloopers though. Thanks for the clips, I tried to use some from everybody. I may have missed a few if they were posted in the thread rather than PMed.

Also it's only 720p because my internet wouldn't be able to handle uploading a 1080p file, and DVR clips are only 720p anyway.

Is it fixed yet? A HaloGAF MCC montage

I know the name kinda sucks, I used it entirely because of a little Easter egg I put in right at the start.
Hint: subliminal messaging, kinda.

It's pretty short, I haven't bothered with a bloopers part, I may make a part two for bloopers though. Thanks for the clips, I tried to use some from everybody. I may have missed a few if they were posted in the thread rather than PMed.

Also it's only 720p because my internet wouldn't be able to handle uploading a 1080p file, and DVR clips are only 720p anyway.

Nice! Short and sweet. Some really cool stuff.

Madness

Coincidence all of Jem's clips were from Halo 4? I think not... Nice montage though. Wish I could've contributed but I have zero clips made. Also, you can just see had the game works flawless day one how much fun we all could've had.

jem0208

Coincidence all of Jem's clips were from Halo 4? I think not... Nice montage though. Wish I could've contributed but I have zero clips made. Also, you can just see had the game works flawless day one how much fun we all could've had.
Haha, it's the only playlist I can reliably get to work and so the only Halo I'm actually reasonably good at now.
Nice! Short and sweet. Some really cool stuff.

Thanks, btw you are the boss of snapshots. Pretty much made the montage for me.

Top Bottom