• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ryn

Banned
SmartScope on Flag lets you chuck it like a spear. It'll stick in any one (or any thing) you hit, so no sending it directly into your base.

I wish.
1. Find Warthog
2. Throw Flag into Warthog
3. Floor it
4. ????
5. Profit

If you throw it at a wall, you can then use it as an object to clamber on to, jump off to clamber on a higher ledge to get to higher ground and have a teammate pick it up and throw it to you.

That is the only way I will ever justify the clamber ability and Smart Scope.
This too would be awesome. HaloGAF should be a game studio.

Nowise10

Was looking back at a clip I had recorded in 2009, and had opened the dashboard. This screenshot is basically 2009 Xbox LIVE in one picture.

CfdutYG.png

rip

I'm not huge into RPGs, but this game has a hold on me. I've poured hours into it, and I've barely touched the main story. So much exploring to do, it's almost too much. It has technical issues, but I think the game itself more than makes up for it. Probably not a game for everyone though, and it definitely earns that Mature ESRB rating.

I'm not sure any game coming out this year will match Witcher 3 for me.

Awesome gif of me cutting someone in half just because:http://i.imgur.com/MHqUd04.gifv

Toasters (Xbox Ones) sure are good at rendering graphics right?

Yeah, H2A campaign was amazing, easily my favorite thing about MCC. First thing I did was beat H2A on legendary. Don't get me started on multiplayer though, ugh!

Wish they would have just focused on Halo 2 Anniversary to make it more polished. It is good, but has a lot of performance/technical issues.

I hope the H5 campaign shows plasma damage on metal like H2A does with its vehicles.
Screenshot-Original.png

It's more in line with how plasma scorching is described in the novels- instant "boiling away" of metal on contact.

Yeah, H2A campaign was amazing, easily my favorite thing about MCC. First thing I did was beat H2A on legendary. Don't get me started on multiplayer though, ugh!

Omni

ODST would be nice... though I'm kinda overwhelmed with the amount of games I want to play right now. With both Destiny, the Witcher and then Batman in a few weeks... there's not much time for anything else

pieface

So I was incredibly excited about MCC, then it got released, then it sucked, then I didn't bother playing it.... til this weekend. So that's a good 6 months after it's release date.

One word for this game.... LAG!

Jayzus, I thought this was supposed to run on dedicated servers? Every game suffers with lag, constantly playing Americans (I'm UK)....

Weirdly, I'm actually finding Halo4 the most enjoyable game to play, and I hated it when it was released.

jem0208

So I was incredibly excited about MCC, then it got released, then it sucked, then I didn't bother playing it.... til this weekend. So that's a good 6 months after it's release date.

Jayzus, I thought this was supposed to run on dedicated servers? Every game suffers with lag, constantly playing Americans (I'm UK)....

Weirdly, I'm actually finding Halo4 the most enjoyable game to play, and I hated it when it was released.

Halo 4 has by far the best netcode of the series, at least in my experience. I don't seem to get laggy games anywhere near as often when playing H4 than I do the others. And even when they're laggy the issues aren't as pronounced, it's nothing like H2A where half your shots just don't register.

Thats why Server Location selection is a must going forward. Thank god H5 will have that.

Akai__

I was in a game where a guy was one question away from the big prize.

Game announcer suddenly says 'oh no we have a disconnect'

LMAO lololol poor guy.

This happened in one of my games, aswell. Poor guy(s) indeed.

RIP in pieces 1vs100. It was pretty good, while it lasted. Don't understand why they killed it off and the same goes for Game Room.

This happened in one of my games, aswell. Poor guy(s) indeed.

RIP in pieces 1vs100. It was pretty good, while it lasted. Don't understand why they killed it off and the same goes for Game Room.

IIRC 1 vs. 100 had some severe management issues that ended up tanking its profitability, so instead of working them out they pulled the plug. Which is a shame, because I would have easily paid $10 for season 3 if necessary. Hell, the last night it ran (which at the time I didn't know was the last night) I got my girlfriend and family to play (a couple of us doubled up) and they had so much fun my parents were willing to drop $60 for Xbox Live right then and there so they could play on my dad's console after I left. I refuse to believe it couldn't have been profitable if they tried.

FyreWulff

IIRC 1 vs. 100 had some severe management issues that ended up tanking its profitability, so instead of working them out they pulled the plug. Which is a shame, because I would have easily paid $10 for season 3 if necessary. Hell, the last night it ran (which at the time I didn't know was the last night) I got my girlfriend and family to play (a couple of us doubled up) and they had so much fun my parents were willing to drop $60 for Xbox Live right then and there so they could play on my dad's console after I left. I refuse to believe it couldn't have been profitable if they tried.

http://www.examiner.com/article/chris-cashman-explains-why-1-vs-100-was-canceled

killed by new management and the ESPN deal

Skele7on

Banned
Why is this game that should have been the greatest a continual let down?

I mean it's just one thing delayed or broken after the next.

Halo 5 better be good or I am DONE.

Why is this game that should have been the greatest a continual let down?

I mean it's just one thing delayed or broken after the next.

Halo 5 better be good or I am DONE.

Shoddy work by fantastic people.

Not liars but their confidence pre release really bit them on their butts*

*keeping it PG13.

They cannot afford another screw up.

Skele7on

Banned
Shoddy work by fantastic people.

Not liars but their confidence pre release really bit them on their butts*

*keeping it PG13.

They cannot afford another screw up.

IMO they've screwed up twice now multiplayer wise.

Halo 4 was a COD chasing piece of trash.

Halo MCC was just straight up broken, better now, but as for those magical dedicated servers I've failed to find any real positives in them being there it's still so laggy and as for shots registering 100% of the time forget it.

Halo 5 Beta was alright, it was a bit dude bro for me and some of the perks seemed stupid and the Bumper Jumper control layout was a tad broken, just hope they make this the best they can.

-Ryn

Banned
I've always thought a Halo themed breakfast cereal would be kinda cool. Like Captain Crunch maybe. Or Lucky Charms? Hard to say which cereal format would be more meta.

Halo 5 Beta was alright, it was a bit dude bro for me and some of the perks seemed stupid and the Bumper Jumper control layout was a tad broken, just hope they make this the best they can.
...what perks?

SaganIsGOAT

IMO they've screwed up twice now multiplayer wise.

Halo 4 was a COD chasing piece of trash.

Halo MCC was just straight up broken, better now, but as for those magical dedicated servers I've failed to find any real positives in them being there it's still so laggy and as for shots registering 100% of the time forget it.

dude bro stuff was the best addition

singhr1

343 has nothing to do with the ODST Port and the Relic Map.

"Nothing to do" is an exaggeration. They have to playtest them to make sure they function and Remnant is balanced in the new sandbox. They also have to incorporate them into the game and send it for certification. Then, proceed to fix any cert errors that are inevitable with MCC.

"Nothing to do" is an exaggeration. They have to playtest them to make sure they function and Remnant is balanced in the new sandbox. They also have to incorporate them into the game and send it for certification. Then, proceed to fix any cert errors that are inevitable with MCC.

They have to...
But will they? #Kappa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom