• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I just need to get weapon switching in and make new weapons and then it should all be good as far as the base of the game goes.

Though I have to do another project for a professor in Unity (I hate unity) so that will slow things down again.

WOOOPS

apologies for that last one. I read that as Halo for some reason and that was why the snarky comment was there.

On topic, what do you dislike about Unity? If you need testers, I"m your man.

wwm0nkey

WOOOPS

apologies for that last one. I read that as Halo for some reason and that was why the snarky comment was there.

On topic, what do you dislike about Unity?

Mostly the UI and I love Blueprint a lot.

Unity isn't /bad/ but I just dislike it and I have to learn C#(which doesn't actually seem hard at all)

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Mostly the UI and I love Blueprint a lot.

Unity isn't /bad/ but I just dislike it and I have to learn C#(which doesn't actually seem hard at all)

Agreed on the UI front. Unity feels like something rushed every time I use it editor wise. Like they couldn't handle the popularity it got so they just start cramming features in anywhere.

And yeah, C# is rather easy to grasp. UE4 and Blueprints are something I have little experience in.

Pumped for GAFlo.

wwm0nkey

Agreed on the UI front. Unity feels like something rushed every time I use it editor wise. Like they couldn't handle the popularity it got so they just start cramming features in anywhere.

And yeah, C# is rather easy to grasp. UE4 and Blueprints are something I have little experience in.

Pumped for GAFlo.

Blueprint is so nice, so damn nice lol

but yeah hopefully I will have more work to show soon!

If it's anything like the Halo 4 action figure codes, weapon and armor skins.

meaning some skins wont even be available (BLAST). and these skins wont be available everywhere (as Orochi said above) meaning people are essentially locked from even getting this content in the game.

now if Someone from 343 were here to verify if these are locked behind a paywall or not. that would be fantastic.

jem0208

meaning some skins wont even be available (BLAST). and these skins wont be available everywhere (as Orochi said above) meaning people are essentially locked from even getting this content in the game.

now if Someone from 343 were here to verify if these are locked behind a paywall or not. that would be fantastic.

I would be perfectly okay with them locking some skins and cosmetics etc. behind microtransactions. Provided map packs were free.

I would be perfectly okay with them locking some skins and cosmetics etc. behind microtransactions. Provided map packs were free.

that honestly has like a 99% chance of not happening. They see how much money is made from season pass/ map packs (especially COD, Battlefield[who went free with the rest of their content]) and want a piece of that.

IF there was a way to just pay a flat fee to get all cosmetics released and to be released i'd totally do it. but only if the map packs are free and they force people to have the maps when trying to matchmake.

Did anyone knows if all the DLC skin (incluyed figures DLC) were unlocked for H4 GOTY edition or/and XB1 Halo 4 ?

its not like the Figure skins were something amazing for Halo 4 but I would be weird to not be incluyed in the GOTY edition at least

Welfare

Did anyone knows if all the DLC skin (incluyed figures DLC) were unlocked for H4 GOTY edition or/and XB1 Halo 4 ?

its not like the Figure skins were something amazing for Halo 4 but I would be weird to not be incluyed in the GOTY edition at least

GOTY only added in the pre order and limited edition bonuses. I think Halo 4 on MCC is that version, but missing the Bullseye armor and skins.

Akai__

6ish days remain for ODST?

The Bulletin said something about an other update closer to launch again. That wording made it sound, like it won't be out soon... I really hope ODST doesn't make the MCC implode again. It suffered enough. lol

Keyword to my post, "largest hype generator for Halo 5 right now" my original post was supposed to say "for me" but I do think at the moment it's the best thing we have. Only thing actually lol

I was aware of the "right now". Was just stating my opinion about the whole ARG thing. :p

The Bulletin said something about an other update closer to launch again. That wording made it sound, like it won't be out soon... I really hope ODST doesn't make the MCC implode again. It suffered enough. lol

I doubt that ODST will be out in May... that latest Bulletin sounded like a delay.

Its funny. Dice told us last week that the next Big BF4 patch will drop tomorrow. Why is it so impossible for 343 to get a exact date done for their Content Updates?
its like that there is no communication between all the studios that work on MCC.

GOTY only added in the pre order and limited edition bonuses. I think Halo 4 on MCC is that version, but missing the Bullseye armor and skins.

What Welfare said. Here's the full list of what the GOTY included. I don't recall any of the action figure DLC being in the GOTY edition, but I could be wrong. This is all of the DLC bonuses:

- Riptide AR
- Chill Storm Rifle
- Engage Carbine
- Toxic Scout armor
- Ruin CIO armor
- Bones DMR
- Refractive Venator armor
- Refractive Suppressor

Akai__

I doubt that ODST will be out in May... that latest Bulletin sounded like a delay.

Its funny. Dice told us last week that the next Big BF4 patch will drop tomorrow. Why is it so impossible for 343 to get a exact date done for their Content Updates?
its like that there is no communication between all the studios that work on MCC.

You would think a 1st party studio would be able to provide this data, but 343i has the worst handling of updates/PR for whatever reason. :/

SaganIsGOAT

Didn't Frank say all DLC cosmetic stuff has a path to acquire it in game? DLC gets you stuff instantly but you can still earn it by playing normally.

Say what you will about DICE, but you have to admit their communication is top notch (especially DICE LA)

Guess we'll see come October, personally I think they're dragging their feet in the mud because they want to be done with MCC and hope we all just forget about it (BTBeta till launch will definitely help us forget hint hint). My money is on once it hits august there'll be a bulletin every other week up till launch and they'll have one every week.

I did a mass cleaning of my friends list, if I removed you, apologies, here's my gt: vin ftw

It's coming in tomorrow, think I left off at 29 on Xbox, excited to play both expansions since i haven't touched them. Could use some Destiny players on my FL.
I need to run VoG a few times. And when I get paid on Friday I'm getting a new controller and the HoW

jem0208

I did a mass cleaning of my friends list, if I removed you, apologies, here's my gt: vin ftw

It's coming in tomorrow, think I left off at 29 on Xbox, excited to play both expansions since i haven't touched them. Could use some Destiny players on my FL.
I literally just got to level 30. I don't really know what to do with the game anymore...

Would be up for playing the raid sometime though. I haven't got the expansions though :/

Run PoE and get light to get to 34 and upgrade your gear.

I don't have HoW.

Didn't Frank say all DLC cosmetic stuff has a path to acquire it in game? DLC gets you stuff instantly but you can still earn it by playing normally.

Pugilist C-SPEC [J-II] Variant Armor
Unlock method 1: buy McFarlane Season 3 Cowboy Didact
Unlock method 2: Maintain a KD of +26 over 36 games, over 2 months

They said that about Halo 4 also. Still waiting on that FOTUS or whatever it was called.

Pretty sure they never promised that for Halo 4. The closest thing to that I remember hearing was that pre-order DLC would eventually be made available in some way. FOTUS was never going to be anything other than a console bundle exclusive.

Also, completely unrelated but I finally got Endure today. Only took 5 and a half years.

FyreWulff

I've said it before, it would be nice if on the 360, they at least marked all the preorder stuff as open downloads:

ODST Johnson in Firefight (not even everyone got Johnson for preordering in the first place)
Reach Gamestop chest
Reach Preorder/New Copy Recon
Halo 4 pre-order only stuff

Doesn't require a TU to any of the games, someone just has to mark the offers as public and free for everyone.

It's been 6 years since ODST came out and 5 since Reach came out, I think that's good enough as an exclusive time period to have those for the people that have them.

jem0208

Ah shit.

I'm playing against a pro player on H2A...

Remember to screenshot the carnage report.

That went about as badly as I expected.

Sadly it's H2A so about half my shots didn't register, otherwise I would have actually killed him at one point.

Couldn't be bothered to screw around with onedrive so I took a picture the old fashioned way:

0GFUvk3.png

singhr1

Sadly it's H2A so about half my shots didn't register, otherwise I would have actually killed him at one point.

Couldn't be bothered to screw around with onedrive so I took a picture the old fashioned way:

Well you don't have to upload to OneDrive. You can view and download any screenshots on like Xboxdvr.com and its such just by taking it. Just fyi.

RowdyReverb

I hope the H5 campaign shows plasma damage on metal like H2A does with its vehicles.
Screenshot-Original.png

It's more in line with how plasma scorching is described in the novels- instant "boiling away" of metal on contact.

m23

Witcher 3 has taken over my life. I no longer care if MCC works or not, probably won't be touching it other than to replay ODST.

m23

That good?

I'm not huge into RPGs, but this game has a hold on me. I've poured hours into it, and I've barely touched the main story. So much exploring to do, it's almost too much. It has technical issues, but I think the game itself more than makes up for it. Probably not a game for everyone though, and it definitely earns that Mature ESRB rating.

I'm not sure any game coming out this year will match Witcher 3 for me.

Awesome gif of me cutting someone in half just because:http://i.imgur.com/MHqUd04.gifv

Welfare

SmartScope on Flag lets you chuck it like a spear. It'll stick in any one (or any thing) you hit, so no sending it directly into your base.

I wish.

If you throw it at a wall, you can then use it as an object to clamber on to, jump off to clamber on a higher ledge to get to higher ground and have a teammate pick it up and throw it to you.

That is the only way I will ever justify the clamber ability and Smart Scope.

RowdyReverb

Witcher 3 has taken over my life. I no longer care if MCC works or not, probably won't be touching it other than to replay ODST.
Want to play it, and it's sitting on my coffee table, but I'm midway through Witcher 2 and having trouble finding time to play. Oh well, more time for CDPR to patch the bugs in the meantime.

I'm pretty excited for ODST too though. I just checked my achievements and I haven't played that campaign since I finished it in 2009. How time flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom