• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
When The Master Chief Collection was announced at E3 on June 9th 2014 who would have dared imagined a world in which the post above would be made on May 27th 2015.

Ain't even mad about ODST seeing as I haven't bothered to complete the campaigns that are already there. If you are upset about it, console yourself with this: at least you didn't play AR starts on Sandtrap today.

Let's check in with executive producer Dan Ayoub to see the latest MCC status

R7W4tsu.png

Oh.

Pure, 100% scam artists, folks.

Let's check in with executive producer Dan Ayoub to see the latest MCC status

R7W4tsu.png

Oh.

I have made jabs myself quite a while ago about his "hiding", however don't we all think it's time to leave the guy alone? Can you imagine what this whole thing is doing to his mental/emotional state?

Whatever degree of responsibility he had for the condition of the MCC...I think it's time we all realize it's a product and people are behind the broken, ill received, frequently bashed, product.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I have made jabs myself quite a while ago about his "hiding", however don't we all think it's time to leave the guy alone? Can you imagine what this whole thing is doing to his mental/emotional state?

Whatever degree of responsibility he had for the condition of the MCC...I think it's time we all realize it's a product and people are behind the broken, ill received, frequently bashed, product.

ZUNUv6S.gif

Mix

Dan Ayoub barely uses twitter. After CEA released in 2011, he posted maybe a total of 15 tweets until E3 the following year, over 6 months later.

RowdyReverb

Apparently a lot of people have no concept of mercy or empathy in their hearts/minds.
It can be easy to forget in is haze of salt that these are real, actual people who worked on Halo and not just characters in a drama. It's fine to criticize Halo games, but personal attacks are pretty low.

I honestly don't know what the fuss is, or the over obsession with hating on things and people together in these forums. You would think that with all the issues of death threats and constant bitching in this industry/culture people would attempt criticism with more tact. Can we all stop circle jerking and put the constant repetitive drivel to rest?

It's obvious hardly anyone (including myself) has that much confidence in the whole 343/MCC situation, but fussing about it to the point of calling out Dan Ayoub as a scam artist is IMO disgusting and willfully ignorant.

Removing myself from this thread for a while.

Edit: inb4 "good riddance" and "cya" typical childish responses ;)

RowdyReverb

Will this suffice

lookie there, a new page :D
another acceptable soundtrack. Great commitment to the cause.
That second one was wonderful. I have to confess I'm a bit of a dot chaser myself though.

All we need now is an age old argument to get the thread back on track. Something something benefits of radar in Halo gameplay.

SaganIsGOAT

I honestly don't know what the fuss is, or the over obsession with hating on things and people together in these forums. You would think that with all the issues of death threats and constant bitching in this industry/culture people would attempt criticism with more tact. Can we all stop circle jerking and put the constant repetitive drivel to rest?

It's obvious hardly anyone (including myself) has that much confidence in the whole 343/MCC situation, but fussing about it to the point of calling out Dan Ayoub as a scam artist is IMO disgusting and willfully ignorant.

Removing myself from this thread for a while.

Edit: inb4 "good riddance" and "cya" typical childish responses ;)

giphy.gif

Impala26

This page is becoming less fun. Somebody post a funny Xbox clip pls

Quick, post all the dank HaloGAF memes!

I outta has was when this shit shat out your like 15? if i ever so ignorant i could be a first place he be up all tied up he second palce..

Cragmire

I TOGGLE CROUCH
#NOMOTIONTRACKER

BUTTS

But you forgot Tattoo Tuesday, Hire Juices, #FuckWaypoint, We Back and more. Junior downgrade request has
not
been sent to the mods.

Also don't forget the dongs. How could you forget about HGS donging? SMH

Impala26

But you forgot Tattoo Tuesday, Hire Juices, #FuckWaypoint, We Back and more. Junior downgrade request has
not
been sent to the mods.

Also don't forget the dongs. How could you forget about HGS donging? SMH

Okay so I'm up past normal weeknight bedtime and semi-tweaked on cough meds...

but even I can't believe I forgot Hire Juices and dong on BK's.

I have brought shame upon my family, Sensei!

daedalius

Halo 4 not even in team slayer.

Halo 3 is the worst, I hate playing it. I'd rather play destiny pvp.

Coincidently halo 3 seems to be the most popular vote in btb, and everywhere else.

daedalius

Is halo 4 in btb still not updated with turbo?

I swear the br was 5 shot. Maybe it was just a laggy dedicated (haha) server.

Dmr seemed to work just fine though...

Mix

I kinda agree with Fahz, I'm bummed out with all the negativity. But I wouldn't necessarily just leave the thread because of it. People will always shit on everything. Even if they showed up to E3 with a Halo CE style mode, people who complain because it's not enough like CE and stuff like that.

Idk, conversations are okay, but the general consensus is that Halo sucks, and we're all bitter about it. Kinda sucks :/

jem0208

Gaming side is leaking o_O

Personally, I agree with a post Kittens made somewhere. I just can't be bothered with getting outraged. Yeah it sucks it was broken for so long and still is to some extent, however let's be honest, it's a fucking video game. Spending your time typing angry messages out on the Internet and sending personal attacks to devs is just rather sad.

Madness

Gaming side is leaking o_O

Personally, I agree with a post Kittens made somewhere. I just can't be bothered with getting outraged. Yeah it sucks it was broken for so long and still is to some extent, however let's be honest, it's a fucking video game. Spending your time typing angry messages out on the Internet and sending personal attacks to devs is just rather sad.

Pretty sure no one sent any personal attacks. One guy wrote scam artist on a forum board that Dan will probably never even see. For you it's a video game, for many of us, it's an almost $500 investment that hasn't paid off. Some of us bought Xbox One consoles, live subscriptions, headsets, play and charge, the game itself, and for what? To be almost 7 months from launch with a shitty product? I don't care anymore either. The game is done. ODST can come, and I still won't play. But I can understand why people are upset. They have every right to be.

MouldyK

Don't be gone too long Fahz

Miss a little HaloGAF you miss a lot

Take that cinematic scripted gaming bullshit!

Not a QTE in sight

Psh, it was good, but was it as excessive as this?

lpshen_43_63spinny.gif

I saw no twirling like that! Only Cinematic Gameplay can do this!

I kinda agree with Fahz, I'm bummed out with all the negativity. But I wouldn't necessarily just leave the thread because of it. People will always shit on everything. Even if they showed up to E3 with a Halo CE style mode, people who complain because it's not enough like CE and stuff like that.

Idk, conversations are okay, but the general consensus is that Halo sucks, and we're all bitter about it. Kinda sucks :/

I didn't mean leave the thread in an ultimate sense lol I just meant a little bit. The antagonistic nature of this "community" is childish and repulsive. The immaturity is overwhelming. I would like to be friends with everyone and everyone to be friendly with everyone--isn't that what a community is supposed to be?

Idk, I actually care about every poster in this thread even though I don't even know them that well. We are all people that love the same game and can nerd out here safely. That's kinda cool cuz most social contexts don't "allows" that.

There is a lot of suffering in the world and the best some of you can come up with is "bye bitch." You don't know what is going on in eachother's lives. You don't know what I'm dealing with in life. People's flippant nature in how they address and treat eachother (like the Dan Ayoub jab) is akin to YouTube comments.

Can we all not be at pseudo nerd war all the time? People should feel safer in a community. Wish this immature behavior wasn't tolerated or cheered on like it's cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom