• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much excitement for Halo 5 after Halo 4 and the MCC. I didn't even get the MCC until a few weeks ago and Halo is my favorite series ever. 343 hasn't handled anything about the series well. It's sad because I know from experience there are some really good people working there, I don't want to see them fail or see my favorite series continue to head towards irrelevancy but so far I don't have a lot of reasons to be excited.

My only hope is it seemed like during the beta(I didn't play it) that a lot of guys here and other places who really liked Halo 3(my favorite game since going back and playing CE and 2 again online) seem to like Halo 5. I know it's different in some ways, but every Halo game has been different from the previous one, it's just the past few have been different in a bad way.

it's just the past few have been different in a bad way.

The past few... MCC, 4, and Reach? 343 didn't make Reach, and the MCC isn't a true 343 title, as it's a bunch of remasters of older titles, which only one of was their own anyway. Unless you're counting Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike :p

Does anybody have any success with this game? I can't join friend's parties and I can't find a match in any playlist to save my life. My NAT is open and everything worked fine before the most recent patch.

It feels like November again.

Haruko

Just got back from Avengers 2.

Catching up on this thread here...

Wf76HQ3.gif

There's a hotfix coming shortly.

awesome news.

I see there's an annoucement now here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/season-2-online-cup-update

welcome back

SaganIsGOAT

Damnit Fracas I had my new thread ready to go once OT23 was actually done :/

Put a link to the Destiny OT in the OT pls to encourage people to complain about that elsewhere.

We complain about Halo in this OT.

And throw in a sign up link for HGS for people that want to have real gaming discussion.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Just got back from Avengers 2.

Catching up on this thread here...

Wf76HQ3.gif

awesome news.

I see there's an annoucement now here:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/season-2-online-cup-update

welcome back

Probably going to see AoU by myself, RIP.

I was playing MCC last night and someone asked me why I had a bald man as my avatar. He then told me I sounded like a sweaty jew. I told him I was really impressed that he could guess that correctly by the sound of my voice. the internet is awesome

SaganIsGOAT

Take it seriously? Mkay let's see...

Reach was bad... 343 didn't make it biotch. Your opinion is subjective. Aside from armor lock I thoroughly enjoyed it. Im laughing at you now (what a dumb expression).

Halo 4 was great in many people's eyes but didn't have longevity for obvious reasons. Campaign was solid. They pushed the gfx on the 360. MM worked at launch. Some consider Halo 4 to have the best BTB.

MCC was originally meant to be just a remastered Halo 2. There was/is issues with MS's party system. MCC is made by a different team and in order to meet demand to get all games working they had to outsource most of it. Sucks it still don't work perfectly, but i mainly got it for campaign. That works great. I'm laughing at you now.

Halo 5 beta was widely accepted as great. The changes being made post beta sound great. Campaign seems far more interesting than Halo 4s. E3 is yet to come. I'm not pre-ordering, but I'm hyped for what this team at 343 has to offer.

Shame on us, we are such pitiful fools. We love Halo and are excited for Halo 5. Go post your hate on the gaming side, they love extra sodium in their forum diet.

Seriously feel like you had tears in your eyes while typing this. So much upset in this post.

Zoolader

Probably going to see AoU by myself, RIP.

I was playing MCC last night and someone asked me why I had a bald man as my avatar. He then told me I sounded like a sweaty jew. I told him I was really impressed that he could guess that correctly by the sound of my voice. the internet is awesome

I'll see it with you.

After you get me a job at 343i.

Seriously feel like you had tears in your eyes while typing this. So much upset in this post.

Then you have quite the imagination.

I love me some HaloGaf but a lot of you are all blatant assholes that have a superiority complex and look down on others that don't bitch about the same thing. This site has a bully complex that's just overwhelmingly petty and reminiscent of elementary school children.

FyreWulff

Spartan was a better name. They fucked up.

It was pretty clever as it let them change the name but keep the blue E. Which a lot of people know the internet as.

8b42d93e-c378-4956-b748-02361b2fb999-620x372.jpeg

The important thing is it's a pretty good browser. Web development is so much better these days.

GrizzNKev

Banned
It was pretty clever as it let them change the name but keep the blue E. Which a lot of people know the internet as.

8b42d93e-c378-4956-b748-02361b2fb999-620x372.jpeg

The important thing is it's a pretty good browser. Web development is so much better these days.

I didn't even realize that. I guess it makes sense, but having Cortana in Spartan would've been so cool. The fact that Cortana is what it is proves that they're not afraid of using Halo branding for things, so the blue E must've taken precedent over a cool name during user testing.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

http://i.guim.co.uk/static/w-620/h--/q-95/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2015/4/30/1430404404500/8b42d93e-c378-4956-b748-02361b2fb999-620x372.jpeg[/img

The important thing is it's a pretty good [B]browser[/B]. Web development is so much better these days.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Granadier, post: 162292792"][img]http://gifs.gifme.io/i/be89a12450.gif[/img
Josh gave us [B]cookies[/B]. Top that?

Lel, it would be nice if a new release made everyone switch, but nah. <Edge will exist forever and ever, just have to hope requirements don't include lower.[/QUOTE]

There's a bad joke here somewhere...

SaganIsGOAT

I love me some HaloGaf but a lot of you are all blatant assholes that have a superiority complex and look down on others that don't bitch about the same thing. This site has a bully complex that's just overwhelmingly petty and reminiscent of elementary school children.

Fascinating.

FyreWulff

Lel, it would be nice if a new release made everyone switch, but nah. <Edge will exist forever and ever, just have to hope requirements don't include lower.

We're getting offtopic here, but:

The oldest IE official version officially supported by Microsoft for the general public is the IE included with Windows 8, which is IE11. Windows 7 in it's entirety ended mainstream support this January. IE9 is only in emergency update mode for Vista, but Vista itself is EOL and it's extended support for corps ends soon.

Much like nobody develops against Firefox 3.x or older versions of Chrome, the mere fact that Edge/Spartan will be the defaultt Windows browser going forward, along with the new aggressive autoupdate setup will slowly kill off IE11 from attrition. Part of IE's problem before was that they treated it as part of the default OS install, so people would stay on the IE that came with the version of Windows. When they pushed IE8 out over Windows XP as a required update in it's twilight years, it was a HUGE change from their old days. Up until that point the OS would just keep updating IE6.

Chrome's fast and automatic update methodology really changed how browsers were viewed and developed on. It went from being treated as a boxed software release to the living platform it actually is.

Overdoziz

Banned

Interesting.

Srsly guise

Srsly

ACU or MCC bundle? Which is less broken

I'd go MCC, you'll get more bang for your buck. The campaigns are generally fine and there are no huge issues. The multiplayer is playable. There are obviously some glaring issues, but if you just want to play some Halo it's fine.

ACU on the other hand is just ass.

I'm not biased at all.

I'd go MCC, you'll get more bang for your buck. The campaigns are generally fine and there are no huge issues. The multiplayer is playable. There are obviously some glaring issues, but if you just want to play some Halo it's fine.

ACU on the other hand is just ass.

I'm not biased at all. https://static-cdn.jtvnw.net/emoticons/v1/25/1.0

They're both pretty bad. You could always sell the code.

I lie, MCC. Least it's fun when it works.

Thanks!

Wait for the H5 bundle like me.

Ehh
H5 is still questionable, but I also can't pass up on trading in my 360 for $175 + other items/games.

Madness

Srsly guise

Srsly

ACU or MCC bundle? Which is less broken

ACU bundle comes with two games. Unity and Black Flag. Whereas MCC is just MCC. I'm sure you can probably buy an MCC code for cheap now, online or on places like Craigslist. A lot are selling it now if you want it. It all depends on whether you want the games though. Unity isn't so broken that you can't beat the game, and Black Flag was pretty great especially the sailing.

jem0208

Shit yeah and when the inevitable next version came out it could have been Spartan II.

Why they chose Edge over Spartan but called their voice AI Cortana is beyond me.

Edge means they can keep the little e as the symbol.

Hence preventing complete confusion for potentially millions of senior citizens.

Guess who's back, back again.

-Ryn

Banned
I know, Destiny post, but since it's related to potential Halo DLC discussion, they announced today that they're making Destiny's first PvP DLC free to everyone once the new DLC releases. That's pretty cool and they get what they wanted to do with Halo 3's DLC back.

Hopefully 343 is seeing this and is going to work on not splitting Halo 5's userbase with the Mattrick-era DLC policy again.
That's actually a pretty cool move

Good job Bungie. It's nice to see the move to free DLC slowly being considered more. What's really sad is that H3 DLC is still the same price it was when it released.

Hopefully H5 will go the way of H2 and make it free not too long after release.

Try all you want, but the CE pistol is never coming back.
You will EAT your words

Right Frankie?
Josh?
...anyone?

This thread needs more TriStateTryHard. Miss that dude.
ftfy

jem0208

You guys are all for forgetting the real person who needs to return. The salt to our slrp, the one and only saltiest of them all; Where the hell is Ragnarok Flames?

Didn't he get a 9 month ban? I think him and Speedy will probably be unbanned around the same time.

He posted like twice a couple of weeks ago in the #Huntthetruth thread I think, then he disappeared again.

Madness

You guys are all for forgetting the real person who needs to return. The salt to our slrp, the one and only saltiest of them all; Where the hell is Ragnarok Flames?

Didn't he get a 9 month ban? I think him and Speedy will probably be unbanned around the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom