• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOKYARD

So, after a relaxing 6 month break, i am finally back to work.

This took over 8 hours to build. Which is a day and a half faster than the last time i built this map.

i7fezw30vd3lH.png

It's a MCC Halo 3 remake of a Grifball Matchmaking map which was originally commissioned 6 years ago by Burnie Burnes with the simple XBL message, "Make me a Grifball court i can knock people off of".

Original:
73261586-Full by NOKYARD, on Flickr

I wonder if it will receive as many downloads as the last iteration?

You know the answer.

Does the file browser even work in MCC Halo 3?

Yeah I didn't think it did. Why do you do this to yourself, NOKYARD?

At least whenever they decide to hire a playlist manager for MCC they can steal use your maps in the Grifball playlist.

Speed running is the new file browser. Which is really, really ironic in my case.

Introducing Halo 3 Forge Speedruns. Fastest team to make a perfect square wins.

jem0208

hahaha

Also I think wes got banned for this. Didn't help he had a bunch of other useless posts in his history
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=162314950&postcount=1187

Was he a junior?

No idea why Faz got banned

This probably got Fahz banned :/

Then you have quite the imagination.

I love me some HaloGaf but a lot of you are all blatant assholes that have a superiority complex and look down on others that don't bitch about the same thing. This site has a bully complex that's just overwhelmingly petty and reminiscent of elementary school children.

NOKYARD

On an unrelated note, NOKYARD's years of archiving speedrun videos has allowed him to hold a monopoly over the MCC's file sharing services.
My new home address is Options & Career -> Leaderboards -> Campaign Timing -> Halo 2 Heroic -> Delta Halo. 4:32.

I also did the speed run for ForgeHub.s "file share". So now i speed run for file share purposes only. I also forge for money, sort of.

Introducing Halo 3 Forge Speedruns. Fastest team to make a perfect square wins.
There's another irony. In the above pic, player 2 is looking at a joint between 2 Column Large. Each joint on the map matches that joint to the pixel. You can't get that level of precision in any of the following Halo games with Coordinates, Snap, and precision editing.

We really need ranking across all playlists. I try Halo 2, half my team quits and I get spawnkilled by a sniper god. Then I try Halo 3, one team member quits, the rest suck, and I get spawnkilled by the other team.

My new home address is Options & Career -> Leaderboards -> Campaign Timing -> Halo 2 Heroic -> Delta Halo. 4:32.

I also did the speed run for ForgeHub.s "file share". So now i speed run for file share purposes only. I also forge for money, sort of.

There's another irony. In the above pic, player 2 is looking at a joint between 2 Column Large. Each joint on the map matches that joint to the pixel. You can't get that level of precision in any of the following Halo games with Coordinates, Snap, and precision editing.

Damn. You don't mess around. You're the hero Grifball needs.

Get on that Patreon.

m23

Some cleansing took place while I was gone huh. Might actually be able to keep up with the Halo threads now.

DJ Gunner

Then you have quite the imagination.

I love me some HaloGaf but a lot of you are all blatant assholes that have a superiority complex and look down on others that don't bitch about the same thing. This site has a bully complex that's just overwhelmingly petty and reminiscent of elementary school children.

The hilarious part of this is that his initial response to Henery is straight up insulting and dismissive because he had the nerve to not be hyped for H5.

I don't begrudge anyone their hype, if anything it makes me jealous and sad because my hype for the MCC was such that I literally had tears in my eyes at the reveal. I was more excited in that moment and the moments leading up to Nov 11 than I had been for any video game, ever. After what happened, I'll not only never be hyped for another Halo title, but I doubt I'd be hyped for anything video game related again, seeing as broken launches and broken promises are becoming much more the norm than the exception.

Ramirez

The hilarious part of this is that his initial response to Henery is straight up insulting and dismissive because he had the nerve to not be hyped for H5.

I don't begrudge anyone their hype, if anything it makes me jealous and sad because my hype for the MCC was such that I literally had tears in my eyes at the reveal. I was more excited in that moment and the moments leading up to Nov 11 than I had been for any video game, ever. After what happened, I'll not only never be hyped for another Halo title, but I doubt I'd be hyped for anything video game related again, seeing as broken launches and broken promises are becoming much more the norm than the exception.

Getting hyped for anything usually just ends in disappointment, I've really tried to keep my hype in check the last few years. My minor hype for H5 comes from the beta, which I enjoyed immensely, but of course I have tons of fears because of their past handling of the franchise.

Getting hyped for anything usually just ends in disappointment, I've really tried to keep my hype in check the last few years. My minor hype for H5 comes from the beta, which I enjoyed immensely, but of course I have tons of fears because of their past handling of the franchise.

This is the sole sore of my hype right now. The trailers and everything they've released have been awesome, but as I get older, I realize my hype has to be based on experience and hands on time over flashy showings.

Mdot

Blue team and Locke's team? Seems pretty likely that you're going to have 3 other people with you most of the time.

Thought about that after posting lol. Do you think the majority of the game will be in squad-based scenarios?

Pretty much the lesson 343 has taught me.

It's weird though. Halo 5 has me split. Campaign has me hyped to all hell, but in my mind there's just no possible way they will execute on the MP. I will be very surprised if it ends up being even half-decent. Then again, I bought MCC solely for Halo 2 Anniversary campaign, so that everything has been broken hasn't killed my hype in its tracks like it has for most here. Good Halo mp will live on as a fond memory for me.

Cool H5 image:
https://scontent-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/10494898_898622030202596_9605947484807515_o.jpg[/IMG

Credit to Star Troker.[/QUOTE]
Cool image. But that's NOT Red Team as far as I'm concerned. :P

RIP: [url]http://www.halopedia.org/Red_Team[/url]

Haruko

Big post from Josh on Beyond:

Sal1ent, on 01 May 2015 - 10:23 AM, said:

Well the beta was focused on Arena and all we have heard about Halo 5's gameplay so far is Arena based. That should give you an idea of what the focus will be.

We've only shown Arena so far. It's a major focus for the MP experience in H5 but we still have big things to show. Stay tuned...

Not sure if you touched on this yet or not, but one of my biggest gripes with Breakout is the death cam. I feel like being able to have nearly a full overview / pan of the map when you are eliminated is sort of a "reward" of sorts for losing your battle - teammates can also just make "play-by-play" call outs for the people who are alive, which takes away from the intensity of the match as well as that player being able to depend on people who he really shouldn't be able to depend on (because they died).

Wondering if any changes have been considered or made, something like when you are dead it goes to a 1st person view of whoever is alive, and you can cycle through players. So you are still able to watch what is going on, but you aren't able to pan around a corner or get a decent overview of the map.

With an elimination-style round-based mode you spend a fair amount of time dead and the goal was to give even those dead players an important role on the team (as spotters) and encourage strong communication between team members. I understand the concerns around rewarding players for death, but you are still at a major disadvantage being down a player. I don't know where the team is on the 1st/3rd person camera perspective. I'm sure they're reading this feedback.

@Sal1ent The ground pound animation looks a little strange when charging down from the sky. Especially when preformed from a high elevation. Is that likely to change?

There have a been a number of improvements to GP since beta (controls, animation timing, effects, etc). It feels much more fluid in the rhythm of play. The look of the animation hasn't changed dramatically though - you still have the charge-up state before thrusting down on your target below. The timing on this is an important element for the balance of the mechanic.

@Sal1ent , how is flag in Halo 5? Have they changed it back to H1/2/3/R so that you can drop the flag? Flagnum yes or no?

I can't talk about CTF in detail (we'll be showing soon) but some things have changed and others have stayed the same. Sorry to have to be cryptic.

@Sal1ent, what's your current favorite weapon in Halo 5?

Currently it's an unannounced weapon with two modes of fire. :)

Mdot

"Two modes of fire" always makes me nervous, thinking there is some over-powered super attack thing. Hopefully it's just a full/semi-auto mode and a single shot like the light rifle or something along those lines.

Two modes of fire is the new Grenade Launcher/Sticky Detonator combo. Hold RT for GL (let go to detonate, grenade bounce traits), press RT for SD (press again to detonate, sticks to surfaces).

This weapon would come with hours of fun, hopefully it's in.

tootsi666

I like UT-esque firemodes. Only problem I have with them is that de-scope makes other firemode almost useless in duels.

Tawpgun

I got some Metroid Other M flashback when the story is about to tell you who was the traitor then forget about that trope and end the game.

Warframe?
I mentine this before, but yeah Spartan IV armor has warframe vibes. Couple it with the organic covenant redesign and bam

Madness

I'm with Gunner on this. From the first time I heard of MCC until launch, I was hyped nonstop. Literally everyday I'd try and read something about it. I was going crazy at the thought of what this collection could mean for the community. I didn't buy Destiny because I thought I'd wait for an MCC bundle, or the white console which instead came with Sunset Overdrive.

Even on HGS, I'd hype it up nonstop, try and post links to sales or promotions so more would buy an Xbox One to play. My friends/cousin even took time off work for launch to play. I bought the sunset bundle, sold sunset and just waited for 11+ days waiting for MCC. I bought a headset, I bought a play and charge kit, I renewed my live subscription. I waited in freezing cold temperature on launch night to play. I even bought an American art insert on eBay because I didn't like the French on my Canadian version. And in the end, the sheer disappointment of spending the first 24 hours literally trying to join or rejoin or even get a single match just killed it. It didn't just turn me off of MCC but Halo.

I have very little hype for halo 5. I think it'll be a great game and much better than the previous games, but that hype is gone. I haven't read much about halo 5, I don't care about the hunt the truth tumblr stuff, I almost don't want to buy it. Just sad.

daedalius

I'm with Gunner on this. From the first time I heard of MCC until launch, I was hyped nonstop. Literally everyday I'd try and read something about it. I was going crazy at the thought of what this collection could mean for the community. I didn't buy Destiny because I thought I'd wait for an MCC bundle, or the white console which instead came with Sunset Overdrive.

Even on HGS, I'd hype it up nonstop, try and post links to sales or promotions so more would buy an Xbox One to play. My friends/cousin even took time off work for launch to play. I bought the sunset bundle, sold sunset and just waited for 11+ days waiting for MCC. I bought a headset, I bought a play and charge kit, I renewed my live subscription. I waited in freezing cold temperature on launch night to play. I even bought an American art insert on eBay because I didn't like the French on my Canadian version. And in the end, the sheer disappointment of spending the first 24 hours literally trying to join or rejoin or even get a single match just killed it. It didn't just turn me off of MCC but Halo.

I have very little hype for halo 5. I think it'll be a great game and much better than the previous games, but that hype is gone. I haven't read much about halo 5, I don't care about the hunt the truth tumblr stuff, I almost don't want to buy it. Just sad.

You should really reserve all those fucks for something more important

I really miss H5 ;_;

My thought process there went like this:

Oh I'm about to ground pound someone from up here for sure...

Oh there's two more right next to him!

Oh they're all clustered together now, sheeeeeit!

Ohohohoho I'm fully charged! Muahahaha they're fucked! XD

BOOM Triple Kill. Killing Frenzy. 5-0 game win.

That single thing almost made up for Halo 4's CTF mode right then for me. Almost.

m23

I loved shooting players down while they were charging their ground pound, and surprisingly there was no medal for it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I loved shooting players down while they were charging their ground pound, and surprisingly there was no medal for it.

Hopefully one gets added in the final build.

Right Frankie and Josh??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom