• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caayn

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

FizF3h2.png
Didn't really expect it to be there, doesn't surprise me that 343i changed it. It also doesn't bother me that they've changed that.

FyreWulff

I actually don't like that. It was a Bungie teased easter egg for a Bungie game. You're only porting someone else's work, keep it as it is. There shouldn't be any copyright or trademark issues either because it doesn't reference Destiny much at all. Almost 5 years before the game came out.

-snip-

I mean come on, is that really so bad they have to change it?

Divorces aren't pretty.

In the scope of things this is basic legal beagle stuff

-Ryn

Banned
So how is it? Does the 1080p 60fps bring out subtle beauties in the game?

They're actually asking money for it.
Remember when the idea of making it free for everyone was considered an insult to the people who bought it at launch? Good times.

So how is it? Does the 1080p 60fps bring out subtle beauties in the game?

Game's looking a bit washed out, imo, probably due to the issue with crushed blacks on the Xbone.

In-game menus are also really ugly. You can almost count the pixels.

For the rest it still looks about as good as it did in 2009, with the added bonus of playing a lot smoother.

Akai__

At this rate, I will download ODST by tomorrow. 1% in 30 minutes...

Did a network test and download is at 54mbit/s. Guess it's under heavy server load or something.

-Ryn

Banned
People also complain about DLC becoming free because they paid a couple of bucks for it two years ago.
People confuse me

The price of being an early adopter is potentially missing out on sweet deals down the line. Why is this an issue?

Game's looking a bit washed out, imo, probably due to the issue with crushed blacks on the Xbone.

For the rest it still looks about as good as it did in 2009, with the added bonus of playing a lot smoother.
Sounds about right. People seemed really impressed with all the small details the improved fidelity brought to Halo 3's environments and models. ODST was already gorgeous so it'll be fun to go through it again.

Thanks for the summary Blue

-Ryn

Banned
And someone's challenging him on the issue... *sigh*

Are the visuals up to scratch? Is the lighting any good?
Someone always does.

As for the visuals:

RowdyReverb

Hey, we finally have a semblance of file share! You still have to search by GT, but at least you don't have to friend people to download their creations
Fixed an issue with vehicle audio in split-screen
Just noticed this bug yesterday. When I was driving a Warthog on split screen it would be nearly silent

FyreWulff

I get that but man MCC is a historical collection of classics. Changing things seems weird :( not a big deal tho.

A bit unique in that it's a first party game collection/port where the original developer has legally separated since the original releases.

Most of the other re-releases were done by studios that are still owned by the original publisher or the publisher owns the entire IP within the game.

They removed the N64 logo from Banjo XBLA but kept Nintendo in the credits, for example. And edited out the original Rare logo (even though MS owns it) And Perfect Dark XBLA lost Miyamoto but had an N64 reference as one of it's achievements ("Double 64")

singhr1

A bit unique in that it's a first party game collection/port where the original developer has legally separated since the original releases.

Most of the other re-releases were done by studios that are still owned by the original publisher or the publisher owns the entire IP within the game.

They removed the N64 logo from Banjo XBLA but kept Nintendo in the credits, for example. And edited out the original Rare logo (even though MS owns it) And Perfect Dark XBLA lost Miyamoto but had an N64 reference as one of it's achievements ("Double 64")

Haha didn't know that. Would've been even cooler if they added a new easter egg to ODST.

Karl2177

Another thing is that by adding ODST in, Microsoft had to send a check to Bungie. ODST was published by Microsoft, but Bungie still maintains rights over a few things about the game(Superintendent, for example). I'm not too learned up on the tiny details of ODST and Reach contracts, but I know there was a substantial amount of cash in-flow at Bungie from the ODST addition to MCC.

zlatko

Banned
Okay HALO GAF. I have an ODST code. No longer have a XB1 so this thing is worthless to me.

For the next 5 minutes post hilarious stuff about Frankie. (gifs,memes,art you made, etc) Biggest laugh gets the code.

Akai__

It downloaded. Jumped from 42% to 82%.

Okay HALO GAF. I have an ODST code. No longer have a XB1 so this thing is worthless to me.

For the next 5 minutes post hilarious stuff about Frankie. (gifs,memes,art you made, etc) Biggest laugh gets the code.

The code is not transferable.

Akai__

Really? It gave me a standard code in my XBOX account box. :(

Dang it MSOFT! Ruining all my fun...

Halo 3: ODST Campaign FAQ

Who is eligible to receive the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST for Halo: The Master Chief Collection for free?

Online users that logged in with their Xbox Live account and played Halo: The Master Chief Collection on any day from November 11, 2014 through December 19, 2014 at 11:59 pm PDT are eligible for a free code granting access to the Campaign for Halo 3: ODST on Xbox One. Offer is non-transferable.

Sadly, it is.

zlatko

Banned
If it's any consolation, I hear rubbing Frankie's gloriously incandescent dome will grant you any one wish.

I wish Halo MCC had not launched a steaming disaster so much so that I sold my XB1 and have 0 hype for Halo 5 as a result.

:(

#HaloIsDeadToMe

Not here to be a jerk. Just yeah... Sold my XB1 because of the heartache that game gave me. I'll probably watch a play through of H5 so I'm up on the story, but that's about it.

I wish Halo MCC had not launched a steaming disaster so much so that I sold my XB1 and have 0 hype for Halo 5 as a result.

:(

#HaloIsDeadToMe

Not here to be a jerk. Just yeah... Sold my XB1 because of the heartache that game gave me. I'll probably watch a play through of H5 so I'm up on the story, but that's about it.

Don't worry we're all pretty salty here!

Remnant looks stunning but it is a bit dissapointing that there is a soft kill boundary behind the Albatross and on top of the towers. It's not like you can superbounce up there anymore though, but still.

Omni

Really? It gave me a standard code in my XBOX account box. :(

Dang it MSOFT! Ruining all my fun...

It's just a standard code...

I somehow doubt that they'd bother to check if the people redeeming these codes played before the 19th of December. Even the Xbox Message that it came in doesn't say anything about not being able to transfer it.

jem0208

So I know ODST is very exciting, but how is the actual update to MCC faring?

I haven't heard much about it yet...

It's just a standard code...

I somehow doubt that they'd bother to check if the people redeeming these codes played before the 19th of December. Even the Xbox Message that it came in doesn't say anything about not being able to transfer it.

It's possible each code is tied to an account.

I showed up Jem.

Seriously, that thread was hyperbole anyways. I don't suspect anyone in there will disappear. I am VERY happy we got ODST in May as said in April. I would have just preferred better communication, that's all.

That post was really referring to all the drive by shitposting which happened in the thread, not the people in the OP.

SaganIsGOAT

Funny about that 8 page thread of "outrage" due to 343 not hitting their May release date. I wonder how many of those outraged people will show up in the new threads...

I showed up Jem. Seriously, no none takes gaming that serious lol

Seriously, that thread was hyperbole anyways. I don't suspect anyone in there will disappear. I am VERY happy we got ODST in May as said in April. I would have just preferred better communication, that's all.

singhr1

So I know ODST is very exciting, but how is the actual update to MCC faring?

I haven't heard much about it yet...

It's possible each code is tied to an account.

Some people on Reddit saying the CE pistol hit detection has changed? Can someone confirm I can't play yet.

Oh and now BTB is finally 16 players again! Yess

jem0208

Some people on Reddit saying the CE pistol hit detection has changed? Can someone confirm I can't play yet.

Oh and now BTB is finally 16 players again! Yess

I'm reading a few people saying that the bullet magnetism has been reduced/removed which apparently pushes it closer to OG CE.

ElRenoRaven

Nice surprise to find the ODST code sitting in my messages. Time to see how buggy it is before doing some stuff about 5pm on the xbox. lol

Still want Halo: Reach. Now that ODST is done get to work on Reach damn it 343.

they got it out on time?

and it works?

I am surprised tbh. Wish I had room on my harddrive to download it, I'll probably just redeem the code.

jelly

I hope they do Reach next and clean up that blurry AA implementation. Say what you want about multiplayer or forgetting Fall of Reach, the campaign is still great. E3 announcement Frankie please.

Nowise10

So as I suspected would happen, I went to sleep, and ODST came out. I don't like when they do stuff like that. But ODST is fucking awesome, so I'm still gonna thank them. Even though its compensation.

ElRenoRaven

I hope they do Reach next and clean up that blurry AA implementation. Say what you want about multiplayer or forgetting Fall of Reach, the campaign is still great. E3 announcement Frankie please.

Yup. I hope they do. I really really hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom