• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT 24| In Before the Locke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Awesome, will check this out.

The first third of the 15 minute video is some faceless 343 guy telling us how amazing and seamless the ODST release is.

Staten gets to talk briefly.

It's really not enough. At all. Had this been a podcast, it would have been at least 300% longer and much more awesome.

Moar pls.

Dammit Poker, you need to join me when I do a Deja Vu run. Clean some of that trash from your HDD.

I'm probably going to buy another hard drive, MCC is over 60 gigs and the new patch with ODST is going to make it even bigger lol.

edit: Or maybe it's only 59 gigs? Could of swore I saw it at 61 yesterday.

The first third of the 15 minute video is some faceless 343 guy telling us how amazing and seamless the ODST release is.

Staten gets to talk briefly.

It's really not enough. At all. Had this been a podcast, it would have been at least 300% longer and much more awesome.

Moar pls.

The Halo 2 developer commentary is hilarious. The Marty salt is real.

ElRenoRaven

Nah. ODST feels the same. I think it's just the upres and FPS bump to 60 that's throwing you off.

Feels good so far. Seems to be running well too. Step forward quality wise on the work done here. Good job whoever did the work for 343.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nah. ODST feels the same. I think it's just the upres and FPS bump to 60 that's throwing you off.

Feels good so far. Seems to be running well too. Step forward quality wise on the work done here. Good job whoever did the work for 343.

My brief impressions are also very positive. Feels clean, responsive. I was worried about the colours from past screenshots, but nothing really bad has popped up so far.

The lack of Bumper Jumper though, ugh.

Zm1oDJC.png
The texture work looks great by the way.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, it's up huh? I have to go play in rivers and be social and stuff, but this'll be a nice treat Sunday night.

Just reached Data Hive. I'm intrigued how they're handling the extra sequence you get if you have all the data logs, and if it's still in. Didn't collect them all, so won't find out on this playthrough.

Uzny

I'm reading a few people saying that the bullet magnetism has been reduced/removed which apparently pushes it closer to OG CE.

The CE pistol is useless now. Please change it back 343 or tone down the magnetism just a bit, not all the way down. 4 grenades on start are back though and make me very happy :)

DJ Gunner

The CE pistol is useless now. Please change it back 343 or tone down the magnetism just a bit, not all the way down. 4 grenades on start are back though and make me very happy :)

I find it much closer to OG now, magnetism is definitely reduced but proper aim and leading works fine. I prefer it this way- far too easy to use previously. I would like the beeps back though.

Uzny

I find it much closer to OG now, magnetism is definitely reduced but proper aim and leading works fine. I prefer it this way- far too easy to use previously. I would like the beeps back though.
It's definitely not closer to OG. I'm also against the beeping if we're at it :)

Nowise10

Does uh anybody want this. I know some people are into having stuff like this. I just don't want a 12 pack of H4 Gamefuel sitting by my desk anymore

anyway pm if you want it and ill send it to you lol.

It's definitely not closer to OG. I'm also against the beeping if we're at it :)

I would like the beeps back but you should have the option to control the volume/mute it if you do not like it.

Akai__

Done with my 1st playthrough. Super fun and still one of the best Halo/FPS campaigns out there.

I had goosebumps throughout the entire playthrough. I'm gonna play this game very often in the following days. :)

Done with my 1st playthrough. Super fun and still one of the best Halo/FPS campaigns out there.

I had goosebumps throughout the entire playthrough. I'm gonna play this game very often in the following days. :)

Just finished my run on Heroic, too. So much fun.

Akai__

Henery, what did the patch do? Any real improvements?

I noticed, that gametypes are now sorted based on popularity in Custom Games. That's a +1 right there. Also, that player search is pretty good. Now you don't have to add people or look at weird leaderboards to download their maps. Good feature.

Downloading. Remember when they made us pay $60 for ODST? lol

it was worth it.

ODST was 40€ over here. Was it really 60$? o_O

Just finished my run on Heroic, too. So much fun.

Nice. I played on Normal, so I could look arround a little more. Will definitely play on Heroic and on Legendary again.

For those of you who don't know. Press and hold the right stick to the left in the epilogue. I always have to laugh, when I see it. lol

SaganIsGOAT

Is it possible for 343 to update the digital version of the game to include all patches? So a fully patched version is all you download in the future?

TheXbox

It was a good deal if you didn't have any of the DLC yet. Otherwise it was a bit overpriced.
It was only worth it for the Reach beta. I still have fond memories of the insanely OP pistol. (and they should have kept it that way) The campaign is obviously tremendous but it's only three hours. Thing takes longer to download than it does to play.

ODST was 40€ over here. Was it really 60$? o_O
Yeah, it was a big controversy. 40 euro is still a lot, isn't it?

Nice. I played on Normal, so I could look arround a little more. Will definitely play on Heroic and on Legendary again.

Halo 3 and ODST are ridiculously easy even on Heroic, for me. I've pretty much mastered those games' campaign modes. Can't even have fun when I'm playing on anything below Heroic. :lol

For those of you who don't know. Press and hold the right stick to the left in the epilogue. I always have to laugh, when I see it. lo

sat_may_30_20-09-01_u1yuiu.png

It took 1080p for me to really appreciate the cold, soulless stare emanating from our ancestor.

Games usually cost €60 here. ODST being €40 was a nice surprise. I paid €70 for the special edition with the controller, that was a steal.

Akai__

Not really, since we used to pay 70€ for major AAA games and 60€ for "normal" games.

Pretty sure they are still 70€ in big store-chains. This is also one reason, why I moved towards digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom